Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sold our sole? That doesn't sound that bad.
86-CAA157-74-FA-4-AEB-8-FD6-B8734-A210-AC9.gif

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweirled - Sanchez - Rose
Dier
Winks - Ndombele
Dele - Son
Kane​

I reckon that’ll be Mourinho’s go to for the first few games, with Sissoko, Lo Celso and Lucas rotating. Hopefully we’ll see a lot of Sessengon too.

I can't stand the fucking cunt.

There, I said it.

He's going to have to work fucking hard to win me around. Fact is, we might win the league and i'd still dislike the fucker. In the end it really doesn't matter. It's the team and our results that matter. COYS!

Just watched his latest interview on our YouTube channel.

I hate that I’m coming round to the idea of him being in charge.

It feels like I’m cheating on my wife and I kind of enjoy it.

The shame.

I’m not making him the devil but less than a week ago I would of told you I’d rather shove wasps in my arse hole than have him in charge of my club. Now it all feels kinda right.

How would you feel about Klopp or Guardiola managing us?
Excited as these are two modern managers that are in the present competing at the top and playing attractive, progressive football in the process (Liverpool's performances right now do not look that good but the results are exceptional).

Before you ask, Mourinho has shown he's not at their level in the present. He got nowhere near them despite spending nearly half a billion.

In the short term (remainder of this season) I think he will do OK with us. I think he will get us the 1-0's I do not expect the performances to improve but I do think he will get better results.

My concerns are:
1) He's a loathsome man, I can't stand him and that view doesn't change because he's a Tottenham manager, to say anything different would make me a fake.
2) His style of football is terrible. I've nothing against counter-attacking football, it can be thrilling to watch, I've never said that about a Mourinho counter. But don't just take my word on that go speak to the supporters of the teams he's recently manged, they were bored shitless. His football is too outdated. He's countered this with the hire of the new assistant coach, whether his ego allows him to actually utilise him and his ideas who the fuck knows, history would tell you not.
3) His character/persona - Do I really need to go into detail here?
4 )His recruitment - It's an appalling record of spending massively on players who turn out to be shit. Having spent massively he then goes and slags the club off for not spending enough, creating bad vibes and it ultimately turning to shit.
5) We are now Mourinho FC, win, lose or draw everything will now be about Mourinho.
6) Publically slating players
7) Scapegoating players.
8) Never his fault
9) He leaves a club in a worse state than when he arrived

The Upsides
1) As I said above I think the short term (remainder of this season) will be OK. I'm not expecting beautiful football (always welcome though) and I'm not going to judge him on delivering it. I am expecting improved results, I think we need them, we are only 3pts off 5th so string some boring 1-0's together and we have a chance of top 4.
2) Mourinho will have the attention of the players from day 1.
3) Gravitas - I personally couldn't give a fuck about it but commercially he could be a goldmine to cash in on. This is the benefit of being Mourinho FC. I expect us to attract more commercial sponsors and who knows his appointment might just enable a Stadium rights holder to be landed.
3) I think some people are getting carried away with the assistant coach but he has an influential set of admirers, but more importantly, Mourinho might also get us Campos, who's very highly rated. Yes please.

Towards the end of the season, I must see signs of a good style of football, progressive and exciting, if that is delivered and we lose (this can happen) I will treat that same as if any Tottenham coach enabling it, with positivity. If he has not shown us a glimmer of this I wouldn't want him to be the manager of Tottenham. He simply has to deliver something other than 1-0's otherwise let's just hire Tony Pullis.

If he's completely transformed and has spent the past 11 months in a Tibetan cave learning how to play progressive, entertaining football and he delivers it then I'm on his train.

Why would anyone want him to change?
He’s won 20 trophies.

Feels like a few of you still want mediocrity, with a teddy bear at the helm

:defoe:
Why the fuck would we want mediocrity Sammy?
Just because some of us don't like him...
One of my biggest gripes is that he does not give a toss about academy footballers and throws them under a bus when he is so inclined.
If he changes this philosophy then I would be happier consider all the club have invested in academy.

Back
Top Bottom