Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's Sky Sports which are trying to make fans believd that spending money is the way to success. All this media hype is understandable... Sky needs to sell the product 'Premier League' during summer holidays as well.

Personally, I have never been this relaxed about us in the transfer window. No need to spend if there isn't a reason to do so. The one player I would like to see is the replacement for Lamela. I believe we will see that type of signing before our first pre-season game.

Other than that, our squad is set up for next season.

Exactly which is why I find it odd some of the melt downs happening in the transfer thread. Buying players for the sake of having new names in squad. Our first 11 is set. I despise Sky trying to make the sport all about buying elite players, I get they have a product to sell. I don't believe other big leagues make such a big thing about transfers.

Just seen this, what utter bollox....

Spurs most vulnerable as Everton join the transfer arms race

Has no one noticed in the last two seasons when clubs have been spending millions we have consistently been there or there abouts. There is no guarantee of success constantly chopping and changing squads. Looking forward to yet another season of being written off by those supposedly in the know.
Wolves are buying a shit load of players, so in the eyes of Sky, they'll be surpassing us this season in terms of team quality
:deledoubt:

Bit off topic, but anybody else notice the exponential rise in the amount of hatred Spurs are getting from online trolls in facebook posts, news articles and blogs over the last two years? We made it! We are slowly becoming one of the most hated clubs for other supporters and that shows how successful we are becoming. Right now the biggest deal is around the lack of trophies because there's literally no other thing to criticise Spurs with. With a low transfer net spend, building the club the right way through investment in the academy and training, the young age of the team, the English core, the number of academy players on the verge of joining the first team, the incredible style of football play, highest goals scored, least goals conceded, etc etc, what a time to be a Spurs fan! There's nothing to make fun of Spurs of, except the lack of trophies. And even after we win, it won't stop the criticism.

Just my theory, but right now it will be Woolwich, west ham, chelsea fans who hate us and troll us with stupid comments like no trophies, players leaving etc. If we win the league cup, it will next be "you can't win the league" and fans of liverpool and everton will start hating us a bit more, and if we manage to win the league, united and city fans will start hating us more and more. The more successful we are, the more hate we will get and we haven't got this much hate in all of the 15+ years I have supported Spurs. And we are about to get a lot more hate in the future, so relax and enjoy the hate! Cause it means we are doing great!!

Bit off topic, but anybody else notice the exponential rise in the amount of hatred Spurs are getting from online trolls in facebook posts, news articles and blogs over the last two years? We made it! We are slowly becoming one of the most hated clubs for other supporters and that shows how successful we are becoming. Right now the biggest deal is around the lack of trophies because there's literally no other thing to criticise Spurs with. With a low transfer net spend, building the club the right way through investment in the academy and training, the young age of the team, the English core, the number of academy players on the verge of joining the first team, the incredible style of football play, highest goals scored, least goals conceded, etc etc, what a time to be a Spurs fan! There's nothing to make fun of Spurs of, except the lack of trophies. And even after we win, it won't stop the criticism.

Just my theory, but right now it will be Woolwich, west ham, chelsea fans who hate us and troll us with stupid comments like no trophies, players leaving etc. If we win the league cup, it will next be "you can't win the league" and fans of liverpool and everton will start hating us a bit more, and if we manage to win the league, united and city fans will start hating us more and more. The more successful we are, the more hate we will get and we haven't got this much hate in all of the 15+ years I have supported Spurs. And we are about to get a lot more hate in the future, so relax and enjoy the hate! Cause it means we are doing great!!
1. Woolwich = We get this - But now they are genuinely shit scared. For all the days they dropped points last season, their weekend was made x10 worse by watching us pick up yet another 3 points. Their balls were already in a vice and we turned the screws almost every single week and made them weep. We are the nail in their coffin.
2. Chelsea = We get this - But they also fear us, their fear is that they know they were lucky in the semi-final, they know they didn't deserve to win at their place, they know they didn't have any injuries and they know they didn't play in Europe. They know.
3. West Ham = Marketing, every club needs a "bitter rival" to get bums on seats, biggest game of the year etc.. They don't play their biggest rival anymore, need a new one. By choosing us, they also elevate themselves two or three levels and for that weekend allow themselves to dream what it's like to be a top ten team team, let alone a top 4 team, a nice dream but a deluded one of which there is no doubt.
4. Utd. = We've taken their spot, whilst they have dropped we have risen. We play attractive football, we have a young squad, we have academy players contributing to the first team, We have a core of the most talented English players in the league. All these things they used to be able to crow about. The envy is probably most acute with them than at any club right now, not just the fans but the club too, who for the past three years have tried and failed to sign our goalkeeper, Dier, Rose, Walker, Dele, Kane, Poch and McDermott. We remind them how it once was and how they wish they still were.
5. City - They haven't beaten us in two seasons now, they claim to have the best manager in the World yet can't back this up when our manager has their managers number. There long serving fans (pre-Arab) hate what their fanbase has become, many staying away now leaving the plastics to rattle around in a 3/4 full stadium. None of them feel connected to the players (majority can't even speak English and don't even give interviews), players they have adopted and taken to their hearts are leaving/left (Zabba) or rarely play (Kompany) the rest their only connection is via the tunnel cam.
6. Liverpool - How dare Tottenham take our spot! For the most deluded fans in the league, even the sensible ones, the ones who have accepted their place as Englands 5th richest club are enraged by the fact that Tottenham the 6th richest club has out performed them for almost an entire decade, we are the constant reminder of "if only we can get our shit together we can be like Tottenham". We kick them in the nuts every single year, we remind them just how shit they are.
7. Everyone else - We've always had the 'Big Club' label around our necks, even when we were shit. Out of all the other big clubs we have always been the one to be got at, the team that is beatable. The one team that gives them the realistic reason to dream. Not anymore, we have deprived the fodder of the genuine possibility of a point or three.

Last edited:

Fucking Hell!
wanker.gif

Completely agree, I remember when I started supporting Spurs when people asked who I support and I replied with Tottenham they'd go 'oh I like Tottenham I don't really care about them but they're like my second favourite team'. Now, every single time I say I support Tottenham I get the customary groan. I always expect it to be because they're woolwich fans but then they say they support a totally different team! We are definitely targeted on social media nowadays and as bandwagon clubs like Woolwich use social media as their main vehicle to support their club they absolutely jump on it nowadays. See how the only chant that most woolwich fans know is the 'what do we think of tottenham' crap.

I was surprised to see the figures on Social Media quoted elsewhere where our support on Social media is a long way behind our rivals. This looks strange when we clearly have a lot of support filling Wembley and have high viewing figures when on TV. Perhaps it is because we have a lot of supporters in my age group who grew up supporting the club in the sixties and do not go on social media. The new support (Young Kids), we are probably gaining in the last few years are too young to really exploit social media as the teenagers/twenties do. Those in that age group grew up and chose the team to support when we were at our lowest.

What an amateur operation, replying like this on social media

Nothing amateur about it I'm afraid, it's the actual business model and it's thriving off the back of it. Every response is music to his ears. Notice there is no apology, it's to attack even harder, go all out, it only brings more people in, creates more rage, the more rage the more calls from those who want a go, and more rivals to dig the hole even deeper. He has him hook line an sinker.

Back
Top Bottom