Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do media outlets keep attaching us to £20m+ signings? It's not going to happen whilst we fund this stadium build. Also cannot see Poch, Mitchell or Levy going for that. Surely goes against their blackbox analytics signing 'named' players from other elite clubs.

Fuck you click bait!
We just signed a £20m+ player last summer?

We just signed a £20m+ player last summer?

Apologies thought Son was less than that. However sure there was a comment about how we'd stay in the £15-20m market and develop players rather than signing outright elite names.

Yes we are 'likely' to get Berahino for around £20m.

Linking us to £50m Alvaro Morata though, would he come and play second fiddle to Kane?

I think the question with the striker is are you going with a genuine second fiddle, or finding someone to do to Kane what Davies did for Rose? If the latter, we would probably go for someone other than Berahino. Batshuayi also might be getting cheaper, as if Marseille keep sucking, they won't have European football to offer him to keep him interested.

Probably not, and he might not work well in our system. Going from a park-the-bus-and-counter style to our pressing game would not be an easy transition.
We have a good raft of midfielders and I think many will continue to develop and improve. We should buy in some prospects to develop as squad players. I like John McGinn of Hibs - he has quality and could be up to our new elite standard in a couple of year's time

We need to bring in cover for Dier and Kane. I could see Onomah being an understudy to Dembele, offloading one of Mason and Carroll would be likely imo

He may bring in Ball as an understudy to Dier for league cup and Europa. If Bentaleb is still here next season, there is a plan for him too. Remember Dembélé last season, we all thought he would be gone..

I can't see us offloading Mason or Carroll in all honesty, considering the amount of playtime Poch has invested in the latter, maybe that's just down to no other alternative? If anything I could see Bentaleb being the likely one to go, as much as I think he's a useful player, injury has hindered his development. Hopefully he can push on next season with us though.

He may bring in Ball as an understudy to Dier for league cup and Europa. If Bentaleb is still here next season, there is a plan for him too. Remember Dembélé last season, we all thought he would be gone..

Europa? Not optimistic of our chances this season then?

We might have to send more players out on loan next season because of no europa football to play them in.
Just leaves the domestic cups which could end up being just 2 games.
Id rather regular championship football as opposed to a few domestic cup games anyway.

He was given a raw deal last summer, he took it badly because he's still just a kid, but he'll be a cracking player given the right environment.

I still have my doubts about Berahino, think I've unfairly labelled him as a player in the mould of Defoe or Bent. Ideally would like an all action player like Kane who does it all, obviously any player like that is worth big £££. Would be happy to revive our interest in Dembele mk2, fits into the ethos of what is going on at our club.

Signing elite level players just won't happen as we don't have the funds available whilst we build the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom