Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was craving for Alli since I saw him score a decent goal on his MK debut, always knew he'd end up in an England shirt and I'm very glad he ended up in a Tottenham shirt

If we did win the league, or even come second, we would be a very attractive opportunity for a lot of players. They might suddenly want us, but would we want them?

I don't want a bunch of prima donna mercenary galacticos to be honest. Zlatan is an odd case though.

Mercenary: Not sure, he has been picky where he goes but definitely wants to get top dollar.
Galactico: yes
Prima donna: Kind of, but he is actually a team kind of guy in his way.

Downside ... he comes with Maxwell attached, who follows him around like a pet.

Seriously though. It's not about picking Zlatan, you simply don't pick Zlatan, Zlatan picks you.
I would take him in a heart beat. He is a massive big game player, can score vs any side. He has been carrying Sweden for a decade and they have unfortunately not been blessed with talent beside him in the same period of time.

Just fearing to see him for Woolwich. Would love to see him at Spurs, hate to see him for one of our rivals, because he will be amazing, even in his current age.

Let us not be lured into a scenario where this actually would be possible!

Where could you see him next season? Won't be city as he doesn't get on with Guardiola. Probably not united with no champs league. Chelsea, same again, although the wages and London life would go a way to appeasing that. Woolwich seems the most likely. What a horrible thought that is.

Where could you see him next season? Won't be city as he doesn't get on with Guardiola. Probably not united with no champs league. Chelsea, same again, although the wages and London life would go a way to appeasing that. Woolwich seems the most likely. What a horrible thought that is.

Yep, you said it.

Håvard Nordtveit has confirmed he's leaving his club, Borussia Monchengladbach, and heading for England. According to the rumours he's most likely heading to London and West Ham.

But could it be to us?

He's a fairly good player, who has a high standing, afaik, in Monchengladbach. I think he's leaving on free transfer. He'll be 26 this summer, so might be a bit old.

But he's a defensive midfielder who used to be a CB. Might he be a Black Box backup for Dier?

Håvard Nordtveit has confirmed he's leaving his club, Borussia Monchengladbach, and heading for England. According to the rumours he's most likely heading to London and West Ham.

But could it be to us?

He's a fairly good player, who has a high standing, afaik, in Monchengladbach. I think he's leaving on free transfer. He'll be 26 this summer, so might be a bit old.

But he's a defensive midfielder who used to be a CB. Might he be a Black Box backup for Dier?

I just wanna add that I'd find such a transfer surprising, as I don't think he's quite good enough for us.

But...free transfer and CB gone DM, so I just thought I'd mention it.

I'm Swedish and if course I would love to see Zlatan in Spurs. But actually I'm afraid that he won't fit in the way Poch wants football to be played. He's a bit too big and heavy to run around and put pressure on the entire games. Of course when spurs have the ball he would be massive to have in the team.
Zlatan wins leagues. So I'm for him if Poch accept his way of play.

Last edited:
The great thing is that CL qualification looks highly likely and we'll be running close for the title if not winning it. Our new stadium is being build and we have great facilities. That makes us an attractive proposition for very good players, the kind that can improve us. I don't think we need half a dozen, probably just two top class players. I have no idea who that will be, but I trust Poch to get it right. Given what we are achieving this season (a transition season for crying out loud!) you really have to wonder what we are capable of next season with one or two extra bits of quality and this season's experience under our belt.

In the long run onomah will end up in the CM roll. The thing is though, that in the academy there are several incredibly talented CMs, so we have to be careful who we buy, sell and keep over the next few years. Older players with obvious skill and experience might not be such a bad option for example.

But could it be to us?

Surprised Woolwich got rid of him.

Surprised Woolwich got rid of him.

He was considered one of the absolute top talents in his age group back in the days, but they failed to develop him.

I think mainly it was a lack of pace that was his problem. It may have hindered his development that he was used as a CB, RB and DM/CM, and that he took very long to settle in a role.

Why do media outlets keep attaching us to £20m+ signings? It's not going to happen whilst we fund this stadium build. Also cannot see Poch, Mitchell or Levy going for that. Surely goes against their blackbox analytics signing 'named' players from other elite clubs.

Fuck you click bait!

Back
Top Bottom