Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Henderson is awful and wouldn't get into our U16's side - but I would pay a world record fee for him just for the sheer hilarity at the victims' expense.

Plus we wouldn't have to worry about handing them all that money, because they almost certainly would waste it all on Southampton players.

Hendo is one athletic talentless clogger, the last thing we need at our club.

We seriously lack intelligent playmaking maestro with magic feet that can create something out of nothing, Eriksen being the only exception. Top teams have lots of those type of players because you always need their prowess to unlock bus parking oppositions.

We seriously lack intelligent playmaking maestro with magic feet that can create something out of nothing, Eriksen being the only exception. Top teams have lots of those type of players because you always need their prowess to unlock bus parking oppositions.

I agree with the point you are making about the type of player we need, but you are perhaps a bit harsh on Alli, Kane and Lamela

Reckon we should go for it...

WILSHERE TO WEST HAM?

West Ham are lining up a move for Woolwich midfielder Jack Wilshere in the summer transfer window, according to the Brentwood Gazette.

Slaven Bilic is keen to bolster the quality in their squad before they move to the Olympic Stadium and has been linked with some high quality players in recent weeks.

Wilshere, who supported the Hammers as a child, is currently out injured for the Gunners and the local paper reports that Woolwich value their man at £20m.

I we were to splash the cash I'd rather we looked at the likes of Pjanic, Pereyra or Nainggolan

Isn't there another bunch of Belgians we should be going for like Witsel, Tielemans and Batshuayi instead of the likes of Henderson.

Watching Goals on Sunday, Shane Long is such a clever player. He makes all the right runs and is so alert to others around him. Also knows where the net is.

As for a CM or CAM, it'll be interesting to see what will happen to Mata if Mourinho took over, I'd take him in a heart beat.

What about that Moutinho lad?

:avbfu:

Mata is gone if Mourinho takes over at Man Utd.

Would be interesting to see where he goes though. He isn't good enough for the likes of PSG, Madrid, Barcelona etc.

If we sign Jordan fucking Henderson I will give up football all together. Can't stand the fat headed, aggressive cunt. Watching him act the hard man all the time, gurning his tits off in the face of players and officials is embarrassing. Plus he is utter shite as a footballer.

I would be baffled if we were genuinely interested in him though. He just isn't a spursy player. I hope this is Liverpool wanting rid and pretending we are after him to drum up interest from other clubs.

We need a defensive midfielder a la Schneiderlein, at least one centre forward (no.9) and if I may say so still a speedy winger, who understands the wide game and can beat players and cross.

Henderson is not extremely highly rated among football fans besides Liverpool fans, but even considering that - he is still overrated! I don't want to see him at Spurs. He is level of yesteryear and the kind of (no offense) player that would always get caps for England. When players like him are central you can never win anything. Runs like a cow, no football intelligence, but a decent shot. We used to have a player like that for Norwegian team, he was even at Spurs, and his name was Øyvind Leonhardsen.

Last edited:
I'd relax about the Henderson article - it clearly shows that the media have no idea what we're actually planning to do in the transfer window, which is all the better for us.

Everything about the story is wrong and makes no sense. 100% pulled out of the author's arse.

Back
Top Bottom