Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL, PART 3

Next week, under the lights, they play their reserves/second xi, we go full on, get an early goal - I hate to sound like Ty from AFTV, but we aren't quite out of it just yet....

I genuinely don't know who you're talking about... I can only assume it's the latest reality FanTV star, who will no doubt have a Christmas number one, and a Million+ TWATTER followers before they find a cure for Cancer...
but seriously, If the club ain't gonna take the competition seriously, then why not just play the Reservs/Youth team from the off...?
Rather than giving us false hope with the vague impression that we're gonna take it seriously, by having ANY 1st team memebrs near the Europa League Squad... it's only gonna end in tears!

I feel this needs reiterating.

Last time this happened you all were all soon sucking Poch off on the Sunday when we beat City 4-1.

Just shut the fuck up and trust Poch. We're fucking 2nd.

You sound like Robbie Savage now!
:pritchardeyes:

Wish I had a tenner for every time he said we were 2nd

I don't have time to peruse the board right now, but if there is anyone complain about "melts" you need to seriously ask yourself how much of a fan you are. I'm absolutely devastated. What an embarrassment and what a slap in the face to traveling fans.

If we can't start our reserves against Villa and get 3 points we don't belong in the top half of the table, let alone in 2nd.
So you'd rather risk losing ground in title race and giving the scum optimism than some bullshit European husk of a competition it once was.

Then have the gall to tell people to ask themselves what fans they are?

The Villa game is far, far more important. I don't even understand why this has to be said.

Am I the only one who isn't certain we will get champions league? That's what I'm worried about
No. In the albeit unlikely circumstance that ManCity or Chelsea win the CL and Liverpool or ManU win the Europa league we'd need to finish top or second to get into the CL.

As someone who can't afford to go very often I have to say I'm gutted they put out such a weak side! essentially throwing the cup away. I paid £45 for a ticket and it's the first I've been able to afford this season, if I'd known they were to make 7 changes I certainly wouldn't have bought the ticket and now chances are I wont even get the chance to see the likes of a first team squad in the home game. GUTTED.

:freund: So Carroll and Mason in the middle?
Mv5dCk0.gif

Inexcusable really considering Dortmund have had exactly the same rest as us and were able to put out their first 11. Funny thing is we'll probably waste our first team in the second leg to try and pull off a miracle.

I am concerned that losses/poor performances are becoming more and more acceptable at this stage of the season. They were so few and far between earlier in the season, but now it's starting to feel normal again :pochsulk:

They had a month off previous to that. We have played 9 games to their 1 in the same period...

No they are not. They are good, but not one of the best. When they had Lewandowski and Götze they were one of the best.
This is a ridiculous thing to say.

You haven't watched Dortmund this season before tonight. That much is obvious.

They've been astonishing all season. May even pip a great Bayern to the title as well as being the top scorers in that very strong League.

They're one of the best teams in Europe without a doubt.

Back
Top Bottom