Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We really need improvement on AM positions. Chadli, Son and Njie are Crystal Palace level footballers. The likes of T.Hazard, Malli or Berardi would def add pace and creativity to reduce the burden on Eriksen.

All the reports I've read from Belgium say he's had a very underwhelming season.

I know he projects to be a star, but FIFA isn't always correct.

I agree that he hasn't lived up to expectations this year, but the talent is there. I also have faith in our scouting and coaching, so if we are interested, I am excited. As for FIFA I wouldn't have a clue about his value or ratings, don't put me in that pile.

What I liked most about Tielemans when I saw him against us in the Europa League was just how calm he was for an 18 year old in CENTRAL midfield. One of the hardest positions to play at the highest level.

Bit harsh on Clinton, he's played about 5 games off the bench for us before getting injured and been very good in at least 2 or 3 of those, not to mention the Monaco game where he started and was outstanding.

On Tielemans, he has everything to be a true superstar midfielder. They just need to figure out where to put him, give him the eriksen role or the current Dembele role. And above all he's very very young so still in full development but i'm sure that Tielemans in the hands of Poch would be an instant hit.

We really need improvement on AM positions. Chadli, Son and Njie are Crystal Palace level footballers. The likes of T.Hazard, Malli or Berardi would def add pace and creativity to reduce the burden on Eriksen.
How you can judge Son and N'Jie already is beyond me.

Bet you said Drogba was shite after a season adjusting as well.

Same with Lamela.

But...but I thought you were the superest fan and all our players were the bestest?

I think this season has shown us that we have an excellent starting eleven, but that the collective can quickly fall apart if certain players are missing. Proper back up for Kane is the obvious one. Would also like at least one quality central midfielder. When Dier/Dembele are not playing we look very weak. Someone strong who can dictate play would be great.

I know Bentaleb is very young, but Poch seems to have given up on him a bit. Might be an idea to loan him out next season, to see if he can get back on track. Mason is full of passion but not so hot when it comes to ability. Carroll should only play AM I think, as he doesn't have the physical presence to control the central midfield. Selling either one wouldn't break my heart. Ok, Mason a little bit..

There was talk last summer about Axel Witsel. Haven't seen him play much, but going on reputation I think that's the type of player that could improve us.

TITLE-CHASING Tottenham are plotting a sensational raid on rivalsLiverpool for skipper Jordan Henderson.

Spurs want to celebrate their superb season by making a £25million move for England midfield dynamo Henderson as they look to back Mauricio Pochettino.

And, with Champions League football to offer, Tottenham chiefs think they may have a real chance of pulling off the remarkable coup that would also weaken one of their main top-four contenders in the future.

02_12213643_a84412_2738441a.jpg

Mauricio Pochettino won the Premier League's manager of the month for February Reuters

Henderson is firmly in contract at the Kop and earns around £5m-a-year, but Spurs have discussed the swoop at the highest level in the last few days.

READ MORE:

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli suffering ‘mental’ problem on loan at AC Milan

Ex-England skipper Stuart Pearce returns to football aged 53

Diego Costa ‘BITES’ Everton’s Gareth Barry and is then sent off as Chelsea crash out of FA Cup

Supremo Daniel Levy knows the time is right to strike telling blows in the transfer market as Pochettino's side have their best season in memory — and need to build on it.

There is also the nagging fear that the Argentinian's coach has done such great work that he will attract major interest in himself this summer.

03_12213643_c91d80_2738442a.jpg

Jordan Henderson is Jurgen Klopp's talisman captain Reuters

So it would be even more important for Levy's club to make a massive statement of intent by spending big and signing a top player from one of the giants.

Henderson seems settled on Merseyside, staying as a key part of Jurgen Klopp's side since he took over.

Liverpool do not want to lose him, so the player would have to make the move happen.

04_12213643_deadba_2738443a.jpg

Daniel Levy is already thinking ahead to possible Champions League football next term PA:press Association

The classy midfielder has not tasted Champions League football much in his career, so a free pass to the elite competition would have huge appeal on football levels alone.

Henderson is as bad right now as Gerrard was after the slip. He passes as well as Chadli did at West ham. He would be horrible here. Only pool midfielder I would take is cuthino.

Back
Top Bottom