The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we were pretty poor, but I also think West Ham got their tactics right against us this time. We were pinned back all game and could never get going from the back like we like to do. I'm choosing to tip my hat and focus back on stressing out about Saturday instead of lamenting the missed opportunity today

Trying not to go into melt down mode. Also trying not to be tin pot - have to say, West Ham played very well. They were so good in the middle. Fair play to them... You just have to reduce things to their simplest parts; we are still in the title race (along with a lot of other teams), it's still in our hands and every one of our players and the manager are absolute lads. On to Saturday.

Come Saturday...this will be a shitstain in some old pants. This game will have no bearing on whether we finish above Woolwich. Back to business as usual against our real rivals. Leicester. They will ship points. The crucial thing is we don't lose sleep. It just means the NLD got even tastier.

Just as a side issue of the last two days results, I wonder if Gary Lineker is beginning to think about which under pants he needs to iron for MOTD. Not an easy decision for a newly single man Im sure.

Maybe a month ago. Not now. Other than that agree.
What I mean Joe is that if anyone should have pressure to win the league this season it's them.
I said at the start to my gooner relatives earlier in the season that if they don't win it this year they will never win it .
Man City have spent bundles in their pursuit and if they re not careful could be balling it out for 4th place.
Woolwich choked again and the two have lost 8 and 7 games respectively this season.
We should not feel any pressure.

What I mean Joe is that if anyone should have pressure to win the league this season it's them.
I said at the start to my gooner relatives earlier in the season that if they don't win it this year they will never win it .
Man City have spent bundles in their pursuit and if they re not careful could be balling it out for 4th place.
Woolwich choked again and the two have lost 8 and 7 games respectively this season.
We should not feel any pressure.

Everyone's feeling it now though. It's understandable.

2 shots on target tonight = poor
They had 3 shots on target = just a shade poorer than us?
Lloris made 2 saves. Adrian made 2 saves.
We were poor but then the pitch was not as conducive to our style and the possession we had. They were more direct and pressurised us.
They had learnt form the battering we gave them at ours and didn't let us settle. Our midfield 3 wasn't quite up to it tonight. I was concerned about that before the game and said so. Firstly as I thought we'd miss Dembele this match and then even more when I learned Alli was not starting. Mason was off the pace and doing most of the tackling.
Factor in games played and consistent ever present players are going to get tired and have off days.

Last edited:
A loss to West Ham and a slip up to not put ourselves into first and there is no cunting each other off on here
is%2Bthis%2Breal%2Blife.gif

Well that was a shocking away day. Awful stadium, over zealous policing including halting tubes before the match, ridiculous treatment of all the away fans after the match, £60 and I couldn't see half a goal and a lot of the pitch... very disappointing performance and you couldn't even get a bottle of water at half time. Also, that area is going to be one hideous ghetto when the pikeys fuck off to their new stadium that we've all paid for.

Just finished watching. Thanks to the guys that sent me the links, much appreciated.

A honking day at work followed by my solace being swept out from under me. Ho-hum.

Very disappointed, BUT trying to see it as it is - not a lot actually changes. We are only one point further from where we want to be. This is the highlight of Spam's season, and should we win it, their joy (and indeed they themselves) will only seem more irrelevant.

It's not just sour grapes telling me that it wasn't our strongest team. Completely objectively, you would want to save that for your nearest rivals in the league - who happen to be Woolwich. It just stings that, non objectively, this happened to be against West Ham. Such is life.

Fuck it, we're still going to do it.

COYS.

Awful performance, shit pitch, shit ref, but everyone else lost too so :avbshock::avbfu:

On the plus side, we've bounced back real well from all of our losses this season.

Back
Top Bottom