The Mighty Spurs vs Karren Brady's Bunch (of twats) (AWAY) 19:45 - 02/03/16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would have loved to have won tonight especially considering the other results around us could have really pushed us on but sometimes its not your night. And considering the results around us with only Leicester getting a point it probably wasn't a bad time for that to happen.
More important to win Sat and deny Woolwich the points.

Woolwich have lost two on the bounce now and I still feel very confident going into Saturday - losing tonight will fire up our players even more.

Spot on, I think with Brain donor/ excellent most of the time :walkercry: and Rose back, we will kick their fucking eyes out, figuratively speaking. They will be shitting their gucci pants with a revved up Dier steaming into em with his Stone Island shin pads :dier:

Would have loved to have won tonight especially considering the other results around us could have really pushed us on but sometimes its not your night. And considering the results around us with only Leicester getting a point it probably wasn't a bad time for that to happen.
More important to win Sat and deny Woolwich the points.
If you gonna lose, you want others around ypu to lose also.

Last time I felt this down and angry about football was May 2006 @ the same fucking shit hole. I feel so much anger it's unreal. Seriously feel like Spurs have broke my heart again tonight

Like I thought we missed Dembele, and without Alli from the start we were a bit light in midfield. Mason made a lot of tackles but we needed someone to back him up further up field.
Still they didn't manage to do to much. Just disappointing we couldn't carve out a goal as I think others would have followed.
It's not the end of the world. Hurts to lose against them but the only ones to prosper were LCFC really, by a point. Some may say we were lucky with the results. Not me, I say the other were lucky we did not win tonight.
We didn't bottle it as much as Woolwich or City. We just didn't do too good with the ball we had. They scored early from a set piece. They basically did as much as we did and Adrian was just as busy as Lloris, not very.
I think we are starting games a bit lax. Due to fixtures imo. We had played 5 games before tonight since 14th Feb. More than anyone else in top 4, If City had not played a final tonight would have been their 4th game since playing us.
Spam had played 3 in the same period. Hopefully Dembele will be back soon and Alli will be ok to start.
Remember we have a very trim squad, with not much depth or experience. I know MP believes in what we have, but in reality if we had long term injuries to Eriksen, Dier, Dembele in midfield it would be very challenging.
If we lost Alderweireld now it would also be challenging.
We have managed the squad very well.
Like Swansea at weekend, we were not alert, or giving them as much respect, whatever way you want to put, it in the opening and paid for it.
Still the squad is young and still learning. Been saying it all season, we are far from the finished article.
The pressure is all on Man City/Woolwich to win the league. We could feel great pride in what this squad has done so far. In reality Spam have a bigger squad with more experienced options.
Let's look at it like this, with this squad that's the 2nd game we have lost this season away. Also 0-1. We were also not played off the park in both of them.
It's the 4th we have lost all season. Better than Woolwich, Man U, Man City, Chavs and Spam. It's not been bought either.
Fuck me it's strange to be so disappointed at losing a game because you're not used to it.
Whatever, we should fell proud of this squad.
If anyone would have said at the beginning of the season we'd be in this position we would have taken it.

If we carry on managing the squad as we have been, get Dembele back, Alli to full fitness and Jan and Clinton to come I am sure we can continue in the same vein.
We will be more productive than we were tonight and I still believe the best is to come.

Last time I felt this down and angry about football was May 2006 @ the same fucking shit hole. I feel so much anger it's unreal. Seriously feel like Spurs have broke my heart again tonight

It hurts but we didn't deserve it buddy. Only our 4th lose this season in the PL

Chin up

:dierpochhug:

Here's a bit of perspective; the most losses premier league champions have ever recorded is 6. Currently, City and Woolwich are bang out of form and have lost 8 and 7 respectively. Utd are a mixed bag currently but have lost 7 already.

We have lost 4, the last being off the back of 6 wins in a row.

Obviously Leicester are a different question, but I expect them to get a lot of draws as they face packed defences for the rest of the season.

After tonights result, at first I felt like this... :dempsey: fucking gutted...

Then after realising that actually nothing really changes regarding the league table and Woolwich appear to have key players out I feel like this:gazza:

BRING ON THE WEEKEND. COYS

Back
Top Bottom