Europa League 2015/2016

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don' t match tickets in Germany include train fares? Maybe that's just league games but I know they used too.

Edit - didn't see the posts above

I'd say so.
Look at your match-ticket:
"Freie Hin- und Rückfahrt am Veranstaltungstag mit allen VRR-Verkehrsmitteln 2. Klasse."

I don't have a match ticket yet but based on the above I have now cancelled my train ticket!
Thanks for the tip. So i'm getting from Dusseldorf-Dortmund return for FOC!
Great stuff!

An information for all who have a hotel not in Dortmund:
On match-day ( until the next morning till 3a.m. ) the match day-ticket includes the fare by local and regional trains (Regionalbahn, Regionalexpress, S-Bahn and bus or underground ) in the whole VRR-Area ( look at the card above ).
For example: You have booked a hotel in Düsseldorf, than you can use the train without baying a train-ticket.
If you have booked a hotel in Cologne you only have to pay the fare to Düsseldorf.
Hi mate. We are flying to Weeze on Thursday. We are getting a bus from there to Duisberg and a train from Duisberg to Dortmund.

Are you saying this train from Duisberg to Dortmund will be free, included on the match ticket?

Thanks

Hi mate. We are flying to Weeze on Thursday. We are getting a bus from there to Duisberg and a train from Duisberg to Dortmund.

Are you saying this train from Duisberg to Dortmund will be free, included on the match ticket?

Thanks
Yes, look at the VRR-region ( #1072 ).
From all stations in VRR-region the match ticket includes the fare on matchday ( and return until 3.a.m. next morning ).

R3NW5 R3NW5 :
I know both places:
Ratsschänke isn't my favourite; Hövels Hausbrauerei is okay but a little bit away from the "centre-court" ( Alter Markt ).
There are a lot of locations ( bars, pubs, restaurants, pizzerias, etc. ) in the inner circle of Dortmund.

Falk Stadtplan – Stadtpläne und Karten 

I recommend one of the pubs around "Alter Markt".
There life is breathing and normally the meeting point for our international guests.

R3NW5 R3NW5 :
I know both places:
Ratsschänke isn't my favourite; Hövels Hausbrauerei is okay but a little bit away from the "centre-court" ( Alter Markt ).
There are a lot of locations ( bars, pubs, restaurants, pizzerias, etc. ) in the inner circle of Dortmund.

Falk Stadtplan – Stadtpläne und Karten

I recommend one of the pubs around "Alter Markt".
There life is breathing and normally the meeting point for our international guests.

Where is the best place in Dortmund to get a nice beer and sausage/bratwurst?

Yeah lads, I just went to Signal Iduna Park to see Dortmund - FC Porto (weakest team we had in ages) and I want revenge, so despite the draw not being the best for us it was a delight to my eyes.

Edit: Of course their crowd is incredible and the tour from the city to the stadium is memorable, a must trip if you can afford it/have time to do it.

COYS!

Yeah! Was the one I had my eye on as well!

I think, it's a very good choice.
You can stay inside, or - if the weather is fine - outside on "Alter Markt".
But if you don't like this pub you can cross "Alter Markt" and in 50ft. distance you can enter another pub, for example:
Maximilian's, Brinkhoff's No.1, Alter Markt, Stades, Gänsemarkt, Café Central, Cotton's, Thüringer.
And in the middle you can join the "mob" :)).

And when you want to go to the stadium, you can use the stations "Stadtgarten" or "Rheinoldikirche", each station 200 meters away from "Alter Markt".
You take U45 to "Stadion" or "Westfalenhallen" or U46 to "Westfalenhallen".
But, when the weather is fine you should make a little walk ( 25 - 30 minutes ) along "Hohe Strasse" directly to the stadium.
Perhaps you will meet some BVB-supporters and enter together one of the pubs on the way.

Back
Top Bottom