Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amid all the euphoria I would temper by saying if that was a tense affair then you'd all better start investing in Tena Men because West Ham and Woolwich have the potential to be early grave matches.

Start writing up your wills, make your peace with friends, family - quit your job if you have to, ask that woman you've always fancied out for a drink, do whatever you haven't had the stones to do because you might have shuffled off this mortal coil come 3pm on the 5th of March.

I'm already a bag of nerves.

it's a 12.45 kick off mate :kanehand:

What a brilliant day that was, still high on that result now, happiest Monday morning for a long while.

Good to meet Hegarz Hegarz pretty sure you enjoyed your first away.

Also, good to meet John Thomas John Thomas as well, I can confirm his attendance which will be much to the annoyance of one particular poster...(ended??)

COYS

Was good to meet you too man, top bloke. Game was amazing, can't speak this morning as my voice is completely gone. What a day.

Watching the highlights I still think Son had a good game. He always creates space, pulls defenders out of position and his close control is excellent. Few loose passes and not great defensively. I predict he'll be key going forward.

Good to have competition, Lamela probably earned a start next week.

Son was brilliant at finding pockets of space in dangerous areas, but extremely wasteful with the ball.

He does have something to offer, but needs a better touch to be amongst our best eleven. Hopefully it just comes down to adjusting to the tempo in the league.

Just a thought on the pen. I'll start by saying that I genuinely don't know what handball is anymore.

But, if a player (Sterling) deliberately jumps in the air to block a cross and it hits them on the arm, then that surely has to be deliberate, no?

So he turns his back, so? May be if he had the minerals (ROSE!!) he wouldn't turn his back and see the flight of the ball and avoid it hitting his arm.

I rest my case you're honour.

With all the shitty decisions in City's favor, karma still has a few laps left to run.
I don't feel bad in the slightest...
besides, Clattenburg still has a lot more making up to do when it comes to wrong decisions against us made in Manchester!
article-1322141414072-01f865d10000044d-443730_362x220.jpg

I say fuck 'em... if it's Karma, then I love Karma... if it's Football's Swings & Roundabouts finally coming round our way, then all the better!

It's a harsh decision, as usually you'd see the benefit of the doubt go to the defender there, but the fact is the ball has struck Sterling's raised arm in the area. The only question is was it intentional or not, which is a judgement call. A judgement call that the referee & linesman had to make immediately on first sight.

There was nothing "controversial" about it, you can disagree with the judgement but there is no controversy, in spite of every single story I've read today leading with that expression...

I think everyone is missing what's really happening. Sky is obviously re-casting the "Sky 4" because they can't rely on on ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool so I'd suggest that Levy has put us forward and Poch has turned the team into real contenders so expect the refs favour us from now on. If we win the league then expect "Poch time" to become a thing if we're even or a goal down at the end of 90 mins :levystare:

With all the shitty decisions in City's favor the last five seasons, karma still has a few laps left to run.
Aye, yesterday the decision wasn't our call - and Toure could/should have been sent off prior which might of made a larger difference. The Balotelli head stamping Parker, producing a larger spell on injury time in which he was able to score a penalty still holds a position of higher injustice in my mind due to the intention in Balotelli's actions.

Edit: A few things that struck me, Kompany and Kane leading the players out for the warm-up in exactly the same way then Kompany giving it all that at the start of the first half compared to Lloris' calm authority before the second half... not forgetting Dier giving Yaya the old "see you in the second half"...

Footballers give really shit pep talks, I gave better motivational speeches to my basket ball team and my oarsmen.

MOTD 2 Highlights. Absolute joke.
Do not reflect the 30/70 possession in first half.
to be fair they show highlights. not passing that leads to no real chances.
id hate if MOTD started showing mainly possession action rather than the good chances & key moments.

pleeeeeeease let United take something from woolwich and we beat swansea. Already bricking it for Spam and Woolwich now, I'll be taking 20mg of valium before the derby-this season could kill all of us one way or another.

Son was brilliant at finding pockets of space in dangerous areas, but extremely wasteful with the ball.

He does have something to offer, but needs a better touch to be amongst our best eleven. Hopefully it just comes down to adjusting to the tempo in the league.
He has to tighten up but he is motivated, love his attitude!

'If you cut me in half I bleed the colour of the club' shortly after being appointed interim manager of Spurs.
:sherwoodlol:
'I'm a gooner' a few years beforehand on some Sky football show.

Clearly meant if he was cut in half he bled 'red' not white n navy, trolling us before he was made a proper football manager! :sherwoodwtf:

Still hate him for what he did to our club for 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom