Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On MOTD Sherwood said Lamela's pass was lucky to get the goal. When Murphy said 'we want Tottenham to win' Sherwood looked bemused. I swear this guy has some issues with us.

Yes, it probably worked against him.. Too much of this going on, along with imaginary card waving by Woolwich yesterday.
Just get on with it and play the game how it is intended.

After seeing the Woolwich winning with that 95min winner from Welbeck, to send them 2nd, I was pretty hacked off. I didn't fancy us getting the 3pts and would have taken the draw before the match. However come 18:10pm, we'd actually got the perfect result and I would say this is not the Tottenham of my lifetime.

Still cannot believe we have a proper side playing some great football and actually winning against different types of teams. How many times would we have buckled after a City equaliser like yesterdays?

Youngest averaged aged squad, best defensive record, best goal difference, players that we love, Pochettino... blah blah blah.

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

CbPt2b7WIAAUiRy.jpg:large

Timmy drops the knowledge blud

So Danny Murphy's unsung hero is a guy who's in pretty much all of the headlines after his ~10 minutes on the pitch for scoring the winner, who was hailed by Walcott in a post-match interview as a special player for scoring a quite easy goal from a cross that would've gone to another Woolwich player if he wasn't there. Now, if that's unsung, then what the f does it take to be sung?

Amid all the euphoria I would temper by saying if that was a tense affair then you'd all better start investing in Tena Men because West Ham and Woolwich have the potential to be early grave matches.

Start writing up your wills, make your peace with friends, family - quit your job if you have to, ask that woman you've always fancied out for a drink, do whatever you haven't had the stones to do because you might have shuffled off this mortal coil come 3pm on the 5th of March.

I'm already a bag of nerves.

Edit: A few things that struck me, Kompany and Kane leading the players out for the warm-up in exactly the same way then Kompany giving it all that at the start of the first half compared to Lloris' calm authority before the second half... not forgetting Dier giving Yaya the old "see you in the second half"...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom