Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I aint getting all this Poch hate. It was the rumbalows/milk/capital one cup for fucks sake. It`s a second rate competition which big clubs famously use to rotate there squad and give some game time to squad players. (we are a big club, aren`t we). If we`d put our strongest team out against the filths second string then what would that be saying. It would be like admitting it was our cup final. We gave Woolwich the respect they deserve,. i.e none....We lost, but we lost probably the most unimportant match we could ever play against them. Whats more worrying to me is that so many of you consider last nights squabble more important than the upcoming match against Man City. That just shows how much the club, and our expectations have fallen over the last 3 or 4 years. We probably wont beat City either, but this is damn well the sort of game a club of our standing should be targeting as the big one. Not some minor 3rd round cup match, albeit against our local rivals. Fuck Woolwich, fuck their meaningless little victory last night, and fuck Daniel Levy for lowering our expectations so much that chasing the champions league positions is no longer considered a viable and ultimate target.

edit. I think I put this in the wrong thread. It should probalby be moved to the Woolwich match thread.

IT WAS AGAINST WOOLWICH FOR FUCK SAKE. I don't care what round of what competition it's in, this game is bigger than anything else.

If you think a game against Man City is more important than last night, support someone else.

The amount of shit Pochettino is getting for putting out a second string defence in the second string cup is baffling, I have never been sold on him and was disappointed with his initial appointment but to be fair he has done alright overall.

Like Poch but feel he bottled it last night. Yesterday would have gotten him and the team so much good feeling with the fans. Id accept a defeat against City just to knock Arseholes out the cup.

Thing is... this 2nd string cup that everyone seems to hate so much was a genuine opportunity to get some silverware... and plenty of other clubs have used it as a springboard for bigger things.... wasn't this Mourinho's first trophy in England? He/they seem to have done alright since!!

The amount of shit Pochettino is getting for putting out a second string defence in the second string cup is baffling, I have never been sold on him and was disappointed with his initial appointment but to be fair he has done alright overall.

I think he has also done ok so far. However yesterday it was Arse, we should throw the kitchen sink at those cunts.

Thing is... this 2nd string cup that everyone seems to hate so much was a genuine opportunity to get some silverware... and plenty of other clubs have used it as a springboard for bigger things.... wasn't this Mourinho's first trophy in England? He/they seem to have done alright since!!

Probably far more to do with the Billionaire than the CocaCola cup win. but it was an opportunity to win a trophy and of course that is disappointing especially losing to Woolwich but the reaction by many is completely OTT.

You don't understand why Poch is getting shit for putting out a second string defence...against the SCUM?

I don't give a fuck what competition it is - against Arseholes, you play your strongest XI or GTFO.

I've been a staunch pro-Poch poster in the past, but I think he left himself down, he let the team down, and he let the fans down last night.

Fucking berk. What was he thinking!

:mad:

I think he has also done ok so far. However yesterday it was Arse, we should throw the kitchen sink at those cunts.

I understand what you are saying but you could just as easily say the same about Woolwich , In this era of football I just don't think you will see a fully committed full Bodied NLD (or any other derby) in the 3rd round of the league cup.

the fact Poch is getting all the hate is a little unfair... surely the players he selected KNEW it was a NLD, or did they have to check Twitter first to see who we were playing? If the players can't get themselves going for this game, then they've fuck all chance of impressing enough to maybe get a start in THE BIG ONE on Saturday! Cos obviously that's all we care about.. the funny thing is, if we DID beat City on Saturday... it wouldn't half help the Arse out in their 'pursuit' of the title... which they're gonna be a lot closer to than we are... and yet they managed to win last night, and it probably won't derail their entire season!!! Ironic.
Beating City in its own right helps us just as much. They're clearly going to beat the shit out of most teams in the league this year. 3 points against them is 3 that most teams won't get. It's a good win and essentially as good as a "6-pointer" in many respects.

Some utter bollocks being spouted on here today.

I can tell you this cup didn't seem so mickey mouse to the 6,000 of us that went up to Sheffield in January.

One of the best nights I've ever had supporting Tottenham.

But no, some of you would rather we beat City, which quite frankly will count for fuck all come May.

Unbelievable.

You don't understand why Poch is getting shit for putting out a second string defence...against the SCUM?

I don't give a fuck what competition it is - against Arseholes, you play your strongest XI or GTFO.

I've been a staunch pro-Poch poster in the past, but I think he left himself down, he let the team down, and he let the fans down last night.

Perhaps he was thinking this:

BBC Sport - Football - Redknapp sets league as priority over cup run

For fuck sake, is that what it's come to now, your bring up old managers in old competitions, to try and justify last night.

Some people on here are hillarious

So, declaring that you think the club is good enough to finish in the top 4, and that you're going to focus on doing that, is defeatist?

Wow.
No - using this empty-worded horsecrap to justify bottling a NLD is defeatist

Get a grip, ffs - do you even know what this club is about

I understand the fans want to see the best X1 against Woolwich, It was just quite obvious to me that he was never going to pick his best X1 in the League Cup 3rd round , nobody does and nobody has for a long time.

For fuck sake, is that what it's come to now, your bring up old managers in old competitions, to try and justify last night.

Some people on here are hillarious
I am not trying to justify anything. Someone asked what Pochettino might have been thinking. I gave an example of what his possible motivation might have been.

He also could have genuinely thought the squad last night was good enough, and feels the players just choked. I think that's a pretty valid opinion because I happen to share it myself. We shouldn't have lost last night, with those players. They were good enough.

Back
Top Bottom