Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bigger things than I saw with the previous two managers that's for sure. Then again, I like to support my team and those involved so you're probably asking the wrong person.
in other words im a better supporter than all of u lot.
look how great i am everyone.
attention me!

Not necessarily saying that. But it's quite obvious that managing Spurs brings out the poison amongst some fans who tend to blame the manager for everything. He's done a lot more good then bad since he has taken over that's for sure.
Don't disagree with that, however, in the knock-out stages of any competition that we're trying to win, that should see us put out the best available team for me, unless it is clearly weak opposition.

Not necessarily saying that. But it's quite obvious that managing Spurs brings out the poison amongst some fans who tend to blame the manager for everything. He's done a lot more good then bad since he has taken over that's for sure.
I don't blame the manager for everything and I not calling for him to be sacked. I just don't think we've had a manager at this club who ultimately has improved on what we had with Redknapp (like or loathe him). If I think that Poch hasn't shown enough and doesn't have what it takes long term to do better than the past two managers then it doesn't necessarily mean I am a knee-jerk melter. We've won three in eight this season. That sort of form isn't good enough for trophies or a good league finish and by this stage under AVB in his second year we'd already won five with only two losses. While things may improve, I think there have been enough downs this season to at least raise questions and discuss whether or not he has brought an improvement. That's not "blaming the manager for everything". It's simply taking an objective approach.

I don't blame the manager for everything and I not calling for him to be sacked. I just don't think we've had a manager at this club who ultimately has improved on what we had with Redknapp (like or loathe him). If I think that Poch hasn't shown enough and doesn't have what it takes long term to do better than the past two managers then it doesn't necessarily mean I am a knee-jerk melter. We've won three in eight this season. That sort of form isn't good enough for trophies or a good league finish and by this stage under AVB in his second year we'd already won five with only two losses. While things may improve, I think there have been enough downs this season to at least raise questions and discuss whether or not he has brought an improvement. That's not "blaming the manager for everything". It's simply taking an objective approach.
The Redknapp comparison is extremely unfair.

We finished 4th with Bale, Modric, King, Parker etc under Harry, and have now finished 5th with the youngest team in the league under Poch whilst competing against another cash injected side (City- which leapfrogged us to challenge for the title thus pushing Man Utd, Chelsea, Woolwich etc into top 4 battles with us).

Pound for pound, with the resources they had at their disposal and the strength of rivals in and around us did Harry really outperform Poch?

Can you honestly say there haven't been improvements under Poch from AVB/Sherwood?
Reaching a cup final? Clearing out the squad and helping develop some young talent? Instilling a philosophy (which may not be consistent but we have definitely seen it in games/spells)?

Would Juande Ramos be considered a better manager than Poch as he actually beat Chelsea to win the League Cup?

We should really stop using that young team excuse or tag or whatever. It just kinda of help Poch no matter if he succeed or flop. If he succeed, he is given alot of applause because it's young team. If he flop, it's also because it's a young team. It's either success or flop, can't have both at the same time.

Would Juande Ramos be considered a better manager than Poch as he actually beat Chelsea to win the League Cup?

We should really stop using that young team excuse or tag or whatever. It just kinda of help Poch no matter if he succeed or flop. If he succeed, he is given alot of applause because it's young team. If he flop, it's also because it's a young team. It's either success or flop, can't have both at the same time.
We should really stop looking at things out of context because it's ridiculous and illogical. Either acknowledge the differences faced by each manager (e.g. squad quality, rivals etc.) or stop making comparisons full stop.

Ramos didn't do as well in the league, no point using him in any comparison.

We're the 6th richest team in the league, if we finish 5th with a manager in his first season that's a good job. If we finish 7th or below nobody will say Poch hasn't flopped regardless of the average age of the team.

This happens every so often here, same shit.

"We have gone backwards since Harry!"
Why?

"Because Harry had us finishing top 4!"
but Harry had Bale, Modric, prime Parker, Vdv, King etc and our rivals weren't as strong

"but Harry had us playing better football"
but Harry had Bale, Modric, prime Parker, Vdv, King etc and our rivals weren't as strong

"it doesn't matter the fact is we finished higher with Harry!"
:pochfacepalm:

It's like arguing with a religious person, logic goes out of the window.

We've got an insane schedule coming up, and you don't want to give away points in the league, but we're almost certainly not going to beat City on Saturday. We probably should have rested players on the weekend. It's understandable that people are really upset with Poch right now.

I agree Poch fucked up yesterday but this forum is a bunch of fucking moaners and that's all they want to do. You're all so quick to call him fucking shit, but whenever he gets something right it's by fluke, where were you cunts after Palace? You're all bunch of moaning cunts and yeah ofc Poch is at fault for the players collapsing against Stoke, are you having a fucking laugh you fucking mongs

I agree Poch fucked up yesterday but this forum is a bunch of fucking moaners and that's all they want to do. You're all so quick to call him fucking shit, but whenever he gets something right it's by fluke, where were you cunts after Palace? You're all bunch of moaning cunts and yeah ofc Poch is at fault for the players collapsing against Stoke, are you having a fucking laugh you fucking mongs

Valium . Asap.

Wrong ya cunt.

Poch is all about the philosophy so that's the feckin' least we should expect yeh?

I thought he did well at Palace but warned it might be yet another false dawn and it fucking was. No fucking pressing. Ridiculous team selection and justification. Was not proactive with substitutions. Just wait till the 65th fucking minute as usual and ignore the flow of the game.

Get ya head outta the sand you ostrich cunt.

Shocking line-up in a game we should always be looking to win

He's starting to come across as a chancer more and more - getting worried. Complete and utter mis-management of resources last night

Shocking line-up in a game we should always be looking to win

He's starting to come across as a chancer more and more - getting worried. Complete and utter mis-management of resources last night

Fuck me we agree on something.

Even if we win on Saturday (highly unlikely) I'll still be pissed off with the selection last night. We need to go on a ridiculous run of results for him to shake this off and I can't actually see it happening.

This one is on the manager. The team he picked did OK, but a stronger team wins the game comfortably. Don't care if its the 3rd round of a cup or not, if it was the quarter final and we'd played 25 more games he'd have played a stronger team than last night. Unacceptable.

Wrong ya cunt.

Poch is all about the philosophy so that's the feckin' least we should expect yeh?

I thought he did well at Palace but warned it might be yet another false dawn and it fucking was. No fucking pressing. Ridiculous team selection and justification. Was not proactive with substitutions. Just wait till the 65th fucking minute as usual and ignore the flow of the game.

Get ya head outta the sand you ostrich cunt.
Hard to take you serious when you're the meltiest melt on this fucking forum

This happens every so often here, same shit.

"We have gone backwards since Harry!"
Why?

"Because Harry had us finishing top 4!"

"but Harry had us playing better football"

"it doesn't matter the fact is we finished higher with Harry!"
:pochfacepalm:

It's like arguing with a religious person, logic goes out of the window.

I love the line about "Bale, Modric, prime Parker, Vdv, King etc"

King, was a crock, Harry managed to get him fit and playing

Bale, was a cursed kid with the physique of a sparrow who spent more time fussing with his hair that with the ball.

Modric had just arrived.

VDV wasnt even at the club when we got 4th the first time nor was parker, in fact the line up against City was:

Gomes; Kaboul, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale; Crouch, Defoe.

and the line up against young boys:
Gomes Bale Dawson Corluka King BAE Huddlestone Lennon Palacios Crouch Defoe
Tottenham
Yeah look at all those worldy stars...

As for our rivals not being as strong, where were City Woolwich United and Liverpool when we won the double?

Back
Top Bottom