2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CFCSbXXWoAAG5aS.jpg

Lose the stripes = top class retro kit

Maybe it's meant to be a seat belt, cos we'll need to be strapped in for how bumpy its going to get?

the bumpf on the OS says the stripes are 'inspired' by those beneath the East & West Stand Cockerels... what, THESE heritage stripes??
28B42B0900000578-0-Tottenham_s_emblem-m-11_1431679124890.jpg

Looks nuffink like 'em!
Like the Bill Nic 'Yellow' and Piss stripes on last season's away kit, I reckon they've paid for a design, then had to think pretty quick where on earth in the ground they can find ANYTHING vaguely similar, and say it's based on them... they just got lucky!

I actually like it, which has surprised me.

Compared to the utter hatred of the 14/15 kit when it was first released, I think the mixed response on here is no bad thing.

Despite it's ugliness, Kane made that kit his own, and I'll always have a soft spot for it because of his breakthrough.

If we do well next season and/or a beloved youngster becomes amazing, I guarantee that plenty will love this kit.
15/16 kit ... the Alex Pritchard breakthrough kit. :avbpray:

What a fucking disgrace of a shirt design. Heritage sash? when have we ever had a fucking sash on our kits, or are we confusing ourselves with Crystal Palace?
The cockerels do not have a 'sash' either, they have 3 opposing diagonal lines. If you wanted to pay homage to space filler they could have found a place to put the ///\\\ on the shirt. Maybe they could have placed it on the side seam gussets, as a sort of Mouche, instead of putting a diagonal fucking skid mark across the shirt and claiming it's in our 'heritage' .
Worst kit I have ever seen in my 40 ddd years and that includes the chocolate brown third strip.

If these kit 'designers' put less coke up their noses - as you must have been ripped to the bollocks to think that up - and were to consult actual Spurs fans, maybe they would realise that all people want is nostalgia.
Fashion is now looking back to the 50's, 60's and 70's for inspiration but these cunts seem to think 'futuristic'.
" just put more stripes and shit on it, you know just like those go faster stripes, that'll soup it up a bit'

We may win v Hull now as they will probably be pissing themselves laughing at what cunts we look like.
It's a car crash and resembles one.

Edit: If you took the pics above, of the new kit and 60's home one, showed them to 100 random people in the street & asked which one they prefer, I would bet my ball sack that the 60's one would win hands down.
You know the kind of consumer surveys & consulting they do with all other pre production products.
Actually the kit could have the reverse effect: make the players so pissed off and determined to prove they are not as fucking shit as the kit they are playing in.

Last edited:
What a fucking disgrace of a shirt design. Heritage sash? when have we ever had a fucking sash on our kits, or are we confusing ourselves with Crystal Palace?
The cockerels do not have a 'sash' either, they have 3 opposing diagonal lines. If you wanted to pay homage to space filler they could have found a place to put the ///\\\ on the shirt. Maybe they could have placed it on the side seam gussets, as a sort of Mouche, instead of putting a diagonal fucking skid mark across the shirt and claiming it's in our 'heritage' .
Worst kit I have ever seen in my 40 ddd years and that includes the chocolate brown third strip.

If these kit 'designers' put less coke up their noses - as you must have been ripped to the bollocks to think that up - and were to consult actual Spurs fans, maybe they would realise that all people want is nostalgia.
Fashion is now looking back to the 50's, 60's and 70's for inspiration but these cunts seem to think 'futuristic'.
" just put more stripes and shit on it, you know just like those go faster stripes, that'll soup it up a bit'

We may win v Hull now as they will probably be pissing themselves laughing at what cunts we look like.
It's a car crash and resembles one.

Edit: If you took the pics above, of the new kit and 60's home one, showed them to 100 random people in the street & asked which one they prefer, I would bet my ball sack that the 60's one would win hands down.
You know the kind of consumer surveys & consulting they do with all other pre production products.
Actually the kit could have the reverse effect: make the players so pissed off and determined to prove they are not as fucking shit as the kit they are playing in.
So you're undecided then?

Meh, won't buy it, but don't fully hate it. Like everyone, the fucking red logo is the killer. It's burning my eyes.

Also agree with, if the away/keeper kit can have a non-red logo...why can't the home?

Holy fuck, some of you people need to relax a little.

Do you honestly think that a lone designer or two, at one of the fastest growing brands of athletic apparel, sat in a room, designed the kit without any outside input, had it produced, and launched it without a single bit of feedback throughout the entire process?

Not every fan or person who would purchase it screams for a retro kit from 50 years ago. I'm not saying everyone has to like it, or that it is even my favorite, but let's try to have a little perspective.

The phrases heritage slash & what ever the other one is shows how out of touch the marketing is at our club/ UA... What was it with the huddles or whatever they are called? It's actually funny.

Give over with the business crap & get some fans in to give us PR. At least they'd get it.

I think I'd like a yearly rotation of a retro shirt sans sponsor, so first year it's the home shirt, then it's the away kit, then the third kit.

God forbid they could even have a vote on which one fans would want to see.

So you'd then have a range that has both the past and present represented, catering for all (more) tastes.

Back
Top Bottom