Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad will be playing, so at least it will be entertaining in some way. Shame Hugo isn't back, but Vorm is a decent cover.

We need to have a go at them, because they have confidence to score goals now, especially Benteke. That means that Paulinho "gets a rest" and that Dembele joins the starting lineup, so stop their attacks and keep possession. I also want to see Fazio to compete with Benteke.

If he doesn't want to start Dembele, at least start with a midfield three of Bentaleb, Mason and Stambouli where Mason and Bentaleb can go forward and Benny sitting back. Sherwood will have them ready for Kane, I wouldn't mind Bobby coming on and score just to make Tim throw his gillet. Townsend deserves a start over Chadli now I think.

With the injuries in mind this would be my lineup..

Vorm
Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose
Stambouli/Dembele, Bentaleb
Townsend, Mason, Eriksen
Kane

Vlad will be playing, so at least it will be entertaining in some way. Shame Hugo isn't back, but Vorm is a decent cover.

We need to have a go at them, because they have confidence to score goals now, especially Benteke. That means that Paulinho "gets a rest" and that Dembele joins the starting lineup, so stop their attacks and keep possession. I also want to see Fazio to compete with Benteke.

If he doesn't want to start Dembele, at least start with a midfield three of Bentaleb, Mason and Stambouli where Mason and Bentaleb can go forward and Benny sitting back. Sherwood will have them ready for Kane, I wouldn't mind Bobby coming on and score just to make Tim throw his gillet. Townsend deserves a start over Chadli now I think.

Vorm
Townsend, Mason, Eriksen
Kane

Unfortunately, it seems as if Vertonghen may be doubtful as well.

Mauricio also reported that central defender Jan Vertonghen remains a doubt after missing last week’s match through illness.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/villa-home-team-news-100415/

Unfortunately, it seems as if Vertonghen may be doubtful as well.

Mauricio also reported that central defender Jan Vertonghen remains a doubt after missing last week’s match through illness.
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/villa-home-team-news-100415/

In that case I seriously see no reason to leave Fazio out again. If Davies starts ahead of him as a centreback I can't see any return for him in the first team.
It will be exciting to see whether Yedlin makes the bench.

In that case I seriously see no reason to leave Fazio out again. If Davies starts ahead of him as a centreback I can't see any return for him in the first team.
It will be exciting to see whether Yedlin makes the bench.
If Fazio doesn't get the start, that means that something is serious fucked up with him behind the scenes. It's a mystery that he hasn't had more chances lately even with everyone healthy. With a makeshift defense, I can't see how Davies would start at CB over him considering we will need a strong presence and someone to deal with any aerial threats.

Maybe. Hope so. But surely Timmy will want to keep them up over a cup final appearance where IMHO they will get spanked by the scum anyway.
They need to give it all against Liverpool to beat them and he can lead Villa out at Wembley. I just feel we are on the wrong side of the semi, thankfully. he will not want injuries or suspensions. If they win or lose, they still need to battle to stay up, TS is more than capable to get Villa motivated to scrap for every point in their last 5 games. 3 points for us on sat would be nice as i think City still have to play villa - (interesting).

The scum will get beat by Liverpool - GS last game and birthday apparently?

If Fazio doesn't get the start, that means that something is serious fucked up with him behind the scenes. It's a mystery that he hasn't had more chances lately even with everyone healthy. With a makeshift defense, I can't see how Davies would start at CB over him considering we will need a strong presence and someone to deal with any aerial threats.
Fazio is pretty shit. Not much (if any) better than Dier. I'd rather give a player who is 21 the opportunity to get games under his belt over someone who is unconvincing, slow and ageing. But yeah, clearly he should start ahead of Davies seeing as that's his main position. But I can imagine Fazio is a bit of a bellend so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's done something to piss Poch off.

Fazio is pretty shit. Not much (if any) better than Dier. I'd rather give a player who is 21 the opportunity to get games under his belt over someone who is unconvincing, slow and ageing. But yeah, clearly he should start ahead of Davies seeing as that's his main position. But I can imagine Fazio is a bit of a bellend so it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he's done something to piss Poch off.
Anyone who does this to Costa is a hero, not a bellend.
nxUYB5l.gif

> Townsend deserves a start over Chadli now I think.

Vorm
Townsend, Mason, Eriksen
Kane
my mother deserves a start before Chadli
she might be 84 - but she's got quick feet for a pensioner

The key element of my point was that Costa is a cretin that deserves a punch in the ribs.

All slightly tongue in cheek anyway, I obviously wouldn't want him getting sent off even if Costa does deserve it.
couldn't agree more - Costa is an odious shitbag, which in reality he doesn't need to be.
Marginally better than Drogba and his love of doing sniper victim impersonations.

My bad - I should have put a smiley in to indicate that I realised it was for the reasons you said.

Its my birthday next friday
and for a present I'd really love to see Soldado come on and play a blinder and score a hat-trick
I didn't really care about our other striking flops (Raziak, Postiga, Rebrov etc etc)
But I really like Soldado (for no apparent reason) - and I'd love to see him come on and play a blinder, for at least one game.
That would do me.
either that or could I drop the lottery jackpot

(which sadly - I suspect is more likely)

But I really like Soldado (for no apparent reason) - and I'd love to see him come on and play a blinder, for at least one game.
Definitely something that permeates through the fanbase!
He does come across as a likable guy, and it never feels like he doesn't try - just has some sort of curse since joining Spurs.

People try to make out that Spurs fans are fickle... and, okay, maybe that can happen sometimes. But the support for Soldado (compare it to the "£10m lamp post" comments about Giroud when he's out of form) show how much they'll stand by a player if they like them as a person.

Even now, those who have given up on Soldado don't do it with anger - just disappointment for Spurs and the man himself.

Back
Top Bottom