January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't, but I think it is unfair to judge people based on games they don't score. If he played 41 games this season I think he would score 27 or there about. I think he would be in the top 5 strikers in the world if he scored 27 goals from 39 games in the EPL, and I don't think he is that, but he is certainly above average

Im judging him on what I see as a player and that player leads me to believe he will not consistantly bag 25 to 30 goals in his PL career

25-30 a season in the PL? No, he won't. Those that do are worth 60million+

Fair point, but Swansea are never going to get even 40M for a player even if he is worth it.

At the end of the day, they would bite your hand off at 20M, but the Man Citys of this world wont allow for that...I think his price is based on last season....and I just dont see that ever happening again with him

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Even at his current rate of 1.77 games per goal in the PL, you think that is average?? What the fuck is Soldado? I am too busy to research this, but I would be interested which strikers average better than that in the PL. I think you would find he is way above average.
Soldado is shite, but fair play, lets leave it there.....time will tell

Why are people going so mad about Berahino? The prices bandied around are ridiculous for a player who scored 5 goals in 32 league apps for WBA last season, and 8 in 20 this.
Eriksen is a similar age, a midfielder and has a better scoring record.
Does he really have the potential to become a great frontman, would he be able to play the lone striker role, or would we use him as an AM?
Giving AT & AL is the equivalent of paying a conservative £17m. We would probably be better off taking a risk on Andrej Kramarić,(F) Aleksander Mitrovic (F) or even Marcelo Brozovic( MF creative and with some presence). You could probably have got Kramaric and Brozovic for £17m

1. Edit: I think Leicester will now actually start seeing some results. They play great stuff and all that's lacking is a bit of composure in front of goal and some luck. Kramarić certainly has composure, and depending on how quick he adapts (as he doesn't seem too strong) I reckon he could be what they need.

Last edited:
Stoke now apparently in for Shaqiri too? I know there are mixed feelings about him, but it'd be infuriating to see him sign with them considering how thin we are on the wings assuming Lennon leaves like he should

Just goes to show what a pair of donkeys we have upfront bar Kane if this Eminekes agent can't even recognise we have other strikers. I agree though and it feels like we do only have 1 striker as the other 2 are fucking hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom