Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vlad and Hugo look a bit shaky. I mean, you don't just gift this side goals. How many times have we conceded goals that the other team has not had to work too hard for. We played well up until the first goal.
We still are. Nothing to be upset about there.
I think We have to start taking a leaf out of Chavs, City and Welbeck's book and go down easy, like Drogba, to get a penalty/free kick.
Make no mistake, if Chavs or City were 2-0 in 23 mins - or they needed a goal to win - there would be penalty appeals galore.
I think we can get back in this game if we score. Just as I write Kane is adjudged offside from a great move.
However, one more goal conceded and it's over.

Edit: Just like that dive for the free kick on 43mins

Many people said this game was a no hoper and got abuse. Now it's been proven that it was utterly fucking pointless to play this young team, risk injuries and destroy their confidence and it's "a new low"? Was silly to think we could compete, even with our best team.

agreed. its ok for this team to lose and then lose again on Saturday as true fans would want our strongest 11 always.. but if we rest players and lose tonight but win on Saturday, then suddenly 3 pts is worse than 0 pts because we got them in an untrue spurs fan manner. what righteous idiots!
I hate when people start preaching how fans should be & behave.
ironic that these fan preachers aren't even at the game!

Would be my only question of Poch. Why change that? Lamela is too lightweight and wasteful to be up against Chav midfield.

tbf lennon has done fuck all too but get done by Hazard

match aint over yet though, if we can come out second half and have a go at it like we did first half but score our chances this time we could still get something

we need to start sticking the boot in though it's a derby ffs

I know it's not much but I'm glad we haven't been on the end of a bad refereeing decision to leave us down, which normally happens there. Also I think you have to play a strong side against Chelsea, because we're not going to get our players better without exposing them to the best teams. I also don't think playing a weaker side works too often either.

Yeah, I have no idea why we're playing Lamella in that position when Eriksen is clearly uncomfortable on the wing! … Vlad has been awful (again) … We did however start really positively, just a shame (and spursy) that we didn't capitalise on that early pressure. Oh well … 45 left … COYS! :walker-scream:

I would rather see Soldado on the pitch instead of Lamela. :eriksenserious:

Hate to say it... and i'm sure he will come good and be the attacking fulcrum for our Champions League Winning campaign of 2019 but Harry Kane really isn't ready for a game like today (not that Ade or Soldado would be either on current form) but the header against the bar, and the shot flashed wide were typical of what we are missing... he's just not 'there' yet... nor should he be at his age, but you just knew we were in trouble when he didn't score at least one of those!

Hazard & Drogba have one go each, and it's 2-0!
'Simple' as that!

Fuckin hell, its like a library there. Can only hear our lot?

Their place is disgusting, went to a game there 7/8 years ago as given tickets and everton turned them over, 3 tarquins behind us talking about business the whole time, the place is sickening

Nightmare. I'll be fine if we keep it respectable. I don't think it'll do us any favours after a great performance at the weekend to get fucking humped. We are more than capable of a couple of goals.

Serious questions have to be asked of Lamela. Absolute passenger tonight.

I know it's not much but I'm glad we haven't been on the end of a bad refereeing decision to leave us down, which normally happens there. Also I think you have to play a strong side against Chelsea, because we're not going to get our players better without exposing them to the best teams. I also don't think playing a weaker side works too often either.

There's the 2nd half to come yet!!
(we'll pull it back to 2-2, and in the 98th minute of 3 minutes injury time, the decision of which you speak WILL COME TO PASS!)

....that's if we're not already 12-0 down by then! :llorisserious::pochwtf:

Everyone having a pop at Harry for missing that header. Get a grip and watch it again you melters.
Any other striker apart from crouch and it would of floated over into nothing.
Embarrassing fans.

We are losing this match because POCH broke up the Kane Bentaleb Mason triangle of glory. I'm not well happy about it but there is time to salvage something.

Back
Top Bottom