Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch looked angry, bemused, frustrated and lost yesterday. That's not a good image to present to the team. You need to be patient, calm and at least seem to be in control. The whole club was shit yesterday.

Poch looked angry, bemused, frustrated and lost yesterday. That's not a good image to present to the team. You need to be patient, calm and at least seem to be in control. The whole club was shit yesterday.
I blame the tracksuit

Look at some of the most successful managers in recent history - Guardiola, Louw, Mourinho - all dressed to kill in slim-fit tailored shirts and suits - none of this peasant chav bullshit

I say sack

Would like to see at least half our team British players, might just might get them playing for the club rather than their wallets. Our club is full of underperforming imports, we currently have 1 truly classy foreign player in our entire squad and that's not good enough with the amount of cash Spurs have splashed out on them.
Buy British , the inbalance in the squad is obvious.

I like having British players in the team but let's not kid ourselves it doesn't mean the team will be any good. The scum's best team in recent decades was a foreign legion.

Yeah 'cos Fergie never got angry and Mourinho never looked bemused. And could you imagine the reaction of those what melt when Poch appears on the TV after a shit show like that and is standing there all calm and patient?

I think looking bemused and angry is fine if it means you are going to demand answers from the players as to what the fuck they think they were playing at!

It's not the managers, it's the players. They have a default they revert to, nonchalance.
Firstly, if you want pressing fast football, you're not going to get it from Dembele. He needs to be box to box. I don't think he even went into the their box and spent most of his time just over the half way line on our right passing sidewards or backwards.
Secondly your full backs have to provide width. Their full backs did it better than ours. They spent more time on the edge of our box. The front man has to be mobile along the line, make runs of the defender. Link up with the midfield, come deep interchange with them. Adebayor spent the majority of the game loitering on the D, so that was him nullified.
Eriksen never got forward enough either, as he needed to stay nearer to Dembele. Then you had Chadli swapping wings and Lamela moving about for nothing, trying to thread balls through the eye of a needle, usually to the only player in front of them, Rose.
It's all so easy to contain. You need to pass and move and every one has to work hard to be available.

This may sound mad, but why not play Mason alongside Capoue. I was impressed with him pre season. He doesn't need to adapt. He gets the ball, looks up and moves it forward, and fast. He also seemed to have a good range of passing He does nothing out of the ordinary, just plays pass and move football.
I mean, we couldn't do any worse & are we going to write him off as we never paid £xm for him? He's Spurs through and through.

How many more times are we going to say it's the managers fault. When do the players we have start shouldering the responsibility for not performing?
We need to give MP the time. If these players are not up to it, then get his ones in. I'm sure there are players he knows won't adapt, but can't get rid of. We have them on long contracts and they don't have to go.
Thing is has Levy got the patience for things to get worse before they get better. Does not qualifying for the EL put a financial strain on us. Does not finishing 4th/5th make us a less attractive offer to sell?
He brought in MP to get the best on a shoestring. To improve the players we have and buy cheap ( sell expensive). We will always be a selling club until we can compete. That doesn't look likely until at least 2019. He has brought MP in with that in mind.
If we sack him it defeats the object. We still would not have the money to buy any new players.
FFS, I look at Arse and that short arse Wilshire ( who is probably their most dumped on midfielder) and think have we got a midfielder that could put away a chance like he did v Man City...the answer is no, and that hurts.

So, let's give MP time. I would have taken 6th at the start of the season and still will. Anything more is a bonus.
We need stability not a new f-ucking manager. We need the coach to shape our style and if the players are not good enough, can't play it or don't want to know, f-uck them off and get new ones who will.
However, it takes TIME!

I'll be happy with top 8. I just want to see us start to play with some sort of identity. You'd think by Christmas we should start to see some signs. I just hope the players buy into it. At the minute the players look fucking shattered.

I'd also like to hear the Poch stop using the fucking word "philosophy" When did managers start this shit ffs?

I'll be happy with top 8. I just want to see us start to play with some sort of identity. You'd think by Christmas we should start to see some signs. I just hope the players buy into it. At the minute the players look fucking shattered.

I'd also like to hear the Poch stop using the fucking word "philosophy" When did managers start this shit ffs?
I do agree with you, but if you haven't seen any signs of Poch's impact on the squad, you haven't been watching the games.

Sorry but I saw no evidence of Poch's impact against Liverpool or WBA.

And limited impact against West Ham, where we got out of jail.
David Brent completely outsmarted us 2 weeks ago

And Irvine did the classic 2x4 at WHL yesterday - and to great success (mind you it's been happening since Arry's days). We can't seem to be able to cope with cloggers parking the bus at the Lane, although I imagine the crowd getting anxious after the 20th minute doesn't help much either

You say he shouldn't say philosophy but you used identity in the same post which is pretty much the same thing. :pochsmirk:

The next 2 games aren't going to do the guy any favours.

Rightly or wrongly he is going to be under massive pressure if we lose the next 2, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Bollocks to philosophies, strategies and systems... Just stick a limited edition Ferrari and a reality TV hottie behind each goal and tell our wasters, "whoever hits the ball against the back of that net gets the bird and the motor. And a week off training."

That'll fire 'em up.

Back
Top Bottom