Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks to philosophies, strategies and systems... Just stick a limited edition Ferrari and a reality TV hottie behind each goal and tell our wasters, "whoever hits the ball against the back of that net gets the bird and the motor. And a week off training."

That'll fire 'em up.
Most own at least one of each already - little incentive, mate

The next 2 games aren't going to do the guy any favours.

Rightly or wrongly he is going to be under massive pressure if we lose the next 2, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.
I might start a business selling Pochettino piñatas if that happens.

Bollocks to philosophies, strategies and systems... Just stick a limited edition Ferrari and a reality TV hottie behind each goal and tell our wasters, "whoever hits the ball against the back of that net gets the bird and the motor. And a week off training."

That'll fire 'em up.
How about any player who doesn't score has to drive a Fiat Punto for the week and must have sex with the ugliest bird that can be found walking around Tottenham on match day...

How about any player who doesn't score has to drive a Fiat Punto for the week and must have sex with the ugliest bird that can be found walking around Tottenham on match day...

They also have to have sex infront of the crowd in the centre circle at whl...knowing some spurs fans, they will still boo at that.

AVB said it ans got the sack for it. Sherwood said it and got the sack for it. Poch will end up saying it and he wi get the sack for it. Our players havnt got the balls to play in the PL and no desire to play for Spurs. Jan signed a new contract last week and his agent was going on about Champions leaugue football, I mean WTF? If him and any other player want CLF so fucking much then please fuck off and go find a club that plays at that level. I've no time for some of our players because of have more passion in that shirt than they are showing at this point in time or even the last two seasons. Time for Levy to back his manager and sort these posers out andclear the rot.

When you look at Ledley and what he put himself through to be able to pull on our shirt and play for us and Scotty parker got the shit kicked out of him every game and still kept on getting back up, rolling up his sleeves and giving it some.
Then you look at our current crop of first team nancy boys and you just wonder whether our Academy players could turn them over with ease.

U21's played 2 , won 2 , away to Sunderland tonight COYS

The thing is you just do not get time now in the game today top 4 is a joke never going to happen this season i would be happy top half and i am being serious.But i would say we got a decent chance at the Europa League and that gets champions league football next season

I blame the tracksuit

Look at some of the most successful managers in recent history - Guardiola, Louw, Mourinho - all dressed to kill in slim-fit tailored shirts and suits - none of this peasant chav bullshit

I say sack
To be honest, Poch does look a bit "full kit" in his track suit. Someone needs to take the boy to a decent tailor. Mind you, Klopp manages to pull off scruff quite well! Nobody wore a suit quite like AVB though...

The only thing that bothers me about Poch is he hasn't learned from mistakes previous managers have made.

If he had watched every game carefully for the past 2 seasons he would not be scratching his head as to why we can't get over that hurdle.

He can't have watched all of our previous games. He must be basing his lineups from training sessions alone.

If he has to watch this season unfold to come to the conclusion that Rose and Vlad playing next to each other is asking for trouble, then he's running a risk because with Lev, history dictates that time is not something that is a given. If he thinks Lamela should be defending corners, tracking back etc then he's just going to ruin him like AVB did.

The biggest one for me is instead of changing shape, he's doing AVBesque things like brining on Soldado, Lennon or other players renound for doing fuck all in an attacking or impact sense. (AVB did it by bringing on Defoe, Siggy or Holtby...as if that would help Soldado from being muscled out over games!). Ghosts off the ball despite thier best efforts.

Eriksen, Ade and Lamela not having a good 60 mins? I don't give a shit. Leave them on unless injured. eriksens quality can turn a game in one second. Class is permanent. Any form Lennon, Townsend and co have is rare/fleeting. On paper thier pace should be deadly against tired legs but they just don't have goal scoring/creating ability.

The only thing that bothers me about Poch is he hasn't learned from mistakes previous managers have made.

If he had watched every game carefully for the past 2 seasons he would not be scratching his head as to why we can't get over that hurdle.

He can't have watched all of our previous games. He must be basing his lineups from training sessions alone.

If he has to watch this season unfold to come to the conclusion that Rose and Vlad playing next to each other is asking for trouble, then he's running a risk because with Lev, history dictates that time is not something that is a given. If he thinks Lamela should be defending corners, tracking back etc then he's just going to ruin him like AVB did.

The biggest one for me is instead of changing shape, he's doing AVBesque things like brining on Soldado, Lennon or other players renound for doing fuck all in an attacking or impact sense. (AVB did it by bringing on Defoe, Siggy or Holtby...as if that would help Soldado from being muscled out over games!). Ghosts off the ball despite thier best efforts.

Eriksen, Ade and Lamela not having a good 60 mins? I don't give a shit. Leave them on unless injured. eriksens quality can turn a game in one second. Class is permanent. Any form Lennon, Townsend and co have is rare/fleeting. On paper thier pace should be deadly against tired legs but they just don't have goal scoring/creating ability.

He can only bring on whats on the bench.

I agree that we made the wrong subs against WBA, but its the personnel he has.

Personally, I think he should have been braver and hauled off Vlad for Jan for starters.
And I dont see the point in playing 2 strikers if you dont go 442 either.

Dembele should have stayed on, and after 60 minutes we could have played:

...............................Lloris

Dier..................Kaboul.........Jan.............Rose

Lennon............Dembele....Capoue..........Eriksen

..............................Lamela

....................................Ade

...and still had one sub left.

I like that he makes subs in time, but how can you stick with an approach that isnt working for the ENTIRE game!??

Lennon has created plenty in the past and he might be a bit slower now but us still quick. Even if poch had thoroughly researched the squad he still has to experience them first hand and see if what he's coaching is getting through. If he came in and started sacking off cunts based on last season it would be grossly unfair. Clean skate /new start etc

Back
Top Bottom