Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham won't be happy, player speaking to other clubs about transfer

Tottenham Hotspur aren't going to be too happy with Lewis Holtby. The German midfielder has been speaking to Hamburg, HSV, according to the Hamburger Morgen Post. The Bundesliga club are going to try and play transfer hardball with Tottenham and needed to know whether Holtby would be up for a move.

HSV director Dietmar Beiersdorf met with Holtby, who signalled his interest in a transfer to the German club. Holtby is said to be unhappy in England and at Tottenham Hotspur and therefore up for a transfer during the current window. A return to the Bundesliga is what the midfielder desires and there would be unlikely to be a shortage of interest.

Hamburger Morgen Post say that HSV will be playing transfer 'poker' with Tottenham and have no rush to complete a deal just yet, with the current transfer window closing on September 2nd. Tottenham are usually the masters at dragging deals out and then forcing them through in the last hours of the window, sometimes at a better price, and therefore Spurs will know just what to expect from HSV.

The German newspaper reckon that Trabzonspor could be interested in taking on Rafael van der Vaart from HSV. The former Tottenham player had a poor season in the Bundesliga, after the club had moved all financial goalposts to be able to afford his wages.

Holtby, 23, is seen as someone who could replace Van der Vaart and hopefully, for HSV, improve on what the Dutchman offered last season.

Even if Holtby is not a starter yet, I really don't want to see him leaving. He's a very very useful squad player. He has assists and goals in him. But unfortunately judging by this report and reports from last season, it seems Holtby is angling for a move, more than we want to sell him (... if even that).

It just doesn't make much sense. I'd imagine Poch would want to use him a lot throughout the season, especially as Holtby excellently fits the high pressing system. Oh well, if Holtby really wants out, I'd try to sell him to Southampton (who I'm sure would like to have him there), so we could get Schneiderlin.

[itk="26th August 2014, out, Football, Paulo, SC, 5, rumour"]
Source - Rebrab:
[/itk]
--------
I personally think it's United and Chelsea.
I'd like to sell Paulo, especially as we NEED to trim our midfield.

But possibly strengthening our rivals ... nah, I'll pass ... unless it's crazy money, or a club outside of the top six. (I'd love if Southampton were in for him, but I doubt Paulo would move there, anyway.)

Chelsea cannot sign anyone thats not English.

Apparently, some ITK (who's currently a journo and worked for the Telegraph) on a United forum mentioned that Man U wants to offload Juan freakin' Mata.

Oh please, oh please, oh please ... let Man U be interested in Paulo!
Just imagine if Levy and can pull off a player + cash deal for Mata.
A rotating attacking midfield of ... Mata - Eriksen - Lamela ... would be sooo wicked! :ossie:

(That being said, United would be foolish to sell Mata, & honestly I doubt they're even looking to do it.)

Apparently, some ITK (who's currently a journo and worked for the Telegraph) on a United forum mentioned that Man U wants to offload Juan freakin' Mata.

A rotating attacking midfield of ... Mata - Eriksen - Lamela ... would be sooo wicked! :ossie:

(That being said, United would be foolish to sell Mata, & honestly I doubt they're even looking to do it.)

I'd settle for Kagawa.

Edit: It makes a little sense if Van Gaal is going to play Di Maria behind the strikers. I can only see Di Maria slotting in as a #10 or as a Striker if he's going to continue playing the 5-3-2.

Last edited:

And then Di Maria in January when he gets bored of not winning...
:levyeyes:

Tottenham won't be happy, player speaking to other clubs about transfer

Even if Holtby is not a starter yet, I really don't want to see him leaving. He's a very very useful squad player. He has assists and goals in him. But unfortunately judging by this report and reports from last season, it seems Holtby is angling for a move, more than we want to sell him (... if even that).

It just doesn't make much sense. I'd imagine Poch would want to use him a lot throughout the season, especially as Holtby excellently fits the high pressing system. Oh well, if Holtby really wants out, I'd try to sell him to Southampton (who I'm sure would like to have him there), so we could get Schneiderlin.

There is a player HSV have Johnathan Tah nice little swap deal this kid is going to an awesome CB

Are we sure these teams are not just fucking with us so that we don't get rid of him and think oh shit if these teams like him, he must be good

I hope Paulinho does come good but we have way too many midfielders and he is a long way from getting fit yet

" The Bundesliga club are going to try and play transfer hardball with Tottenham"
hey fucko, Dieter, whatever your name is...you listen to me...you don't play hardball with Levy, he plays hardball with you. You got that, you fuck.

Can actually understand why United would get rid of Mata. I said in the general football transfer thread that United have no place to play Di Maria in a 3-5-2 unless they bench one of Shaw, Herrera, or Mata their three recent marquee signings. Having said that, can't see Mata coming to us ever.

I'd settle for Kagawa.

Edit: It makes a little sense if Van Gaal is going to play Di Maria behind the strikers. I can only see Di Maria slotting in as a #10 or as a Striker if he's going to continue playing the 5-3-2.
Oooo, Kagawa would also work just fine. He was the player that I wanted to replace Modric with.
I have no idea what United done to that fella. He is/was a great player.

Can actually understand why United would get rid of Mata. I said in the general football transfer thread that United have no place to play Di Maria in a 3-5-2 unless they bench one of Shaw, Herrera, or Mata their three recent marquee signings. Having said that, can't see Mata coming to us ever.

At least we can offer Europa league :holtbytongue:

As usual sums it up perfectly, no more Mata chat, the Di Maria thing very strange they desperately need CB's, a CM and someone for the right who can defend and attack, they are blind they should have bought Seamus Coleman the minute the window opened - perfect for them

As usual sums it up perfectly, no more Mata chat, the Di Maria thing very strange they desperately need CB's, a CM and someone for the right who can defend and attack, they are blind they should have bought Seamus Coleman the minute the window opened - perfect for them

Woodward seems like he's totally and completely lost in the world of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom