New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Something you clearly did years ago.....

Absolutely, and that comes with maturity. The fact that where I sit in the Lane, the people around me are the same. We want our side to do as well as anyone else, but we watch football with our eyes wide open, and don't wear blinkers. I don't think our club is as big as some people think it is, and I certainly don't think our players are as good. As long as we have a chairman who's only idea of a good season is when we make lots of money, don't expect Spurs to win anything.

Ok, so in your view...

So we have the seventh best squad....

...because none of our players would get into a top four side?

:dembele:

I can only presume that you been have watching a different group of players to me. Take Eriksen and Loris out, and you are left with complete averageness. Apart from the two I mentioned, can you honestly see any of the others playing for a top four side. Perhaps Vert, but that's only when he feels like it.

No, we don't attract the top managers, and this is why. One miserable league cup in how many years? A chairman that any self respecting human being wouldn't want to work with. A NET Kitty of zero £s. The only reason any manager would come to us is for relatively big wages.

You should stop thinking like a supporter, and be more objective.

Like I said we have a squad that has been managed incredibly badly been hit with more than our fair share of injuries and still achieved a 69 point tally. Imagine what a quality manager can do with them. I certainly don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think another 10 points could be added. Look at Athelitco Madrid this season. No one looks at their squad and thinks it's better than Barcelona or Real Madrid but they have an outstanding manager who gets everything he can from his players.

If our new man whoever it may be can foster that sort of team spirit who knows where we may end up?

And all football managers get sacked. It's a fact of football life. So I'm not sure why anyone would refuse to work for Levy. Also what's wrong with Spurs being a financially prudent club? Would you rather be a Portsmouth or QPR who spent money they didn't have? Not for me thanks.

Best thing for me is he wins the dressing room and develops youth.
I'd love to see him bring any of Lallana, Ward-Prowse, Louvren or Lambert with him. Developing youth is a hallmark of his. But we have a pretty youthful squad as it is.

I've grown on the idea of Poch massively. Prem experience is a big plus for me. I wanted LvG and would have been happy with FdB. But Poch is on a par at the very least with de Boer.

I'd love to see him bring any of Lallana, Ward-Prowse, Louvren or Lambert with him. Developing youth is a hallmark of his. But we have a pretty youthful squad as it is.

I've grown on the idea of Poch massively. Prem experience is a big plus for me. I wanted LvG and would have been happy with FdB. But Poch is on a par at the very least with de Boer.
The bold is exactly what excites me about him. I want FdB but I think we'll get the MoFo; MoPo. Having Prem experience is a bonus too.

I just want to say that Poch will "help lamela" is up there with the idiots who said Benitez guarantees you a trophy!

Just because you are from same country does not mean a relationship will form. Plus Lallana and the gang may want to go play somewhere else especially if they put in a nice World Cup performance.

FDB is still top dog in this, yeah he doesn't have premier league experience but he has experience in general of big players and managing in Europe, I think it would be a shame to miss out

Poch has less of a contract to pay off so we probably know who Daniel will choose!!

As Poch and countrymen go Danni Osvaldo springs to mind, though he is a gargantuan bellend. Think its hard to imagine any decent manager struggling with this squad, all of which have PL experience now, not the bedding in we had last year.

Betting odds giving 1/3 for Pochettino to be manager. 7/2 for FDB.

This to me suggests that it is all hype and no-one knows anything yet really. If Pochettino was a done deal they'd have stopped taking bets on him. The odds have likely shortened because more people are putting money on him due to the 'ITK' around it.

Absolutely, and that comes with maturity. The fact that where I sit in the Lane, the people around me are the same. We want our side to do as well as anyone else, but we watch football with our eyes wide open, and don't wear blinkers. I don't think our club is as big as some people think it is, and I certainly don't think our players are as good. As long as we have a chairman who's only idea of a good season is when we make lots of money, don't expect Spurs to win anything.
I entirely agree that it's sensible to take the emotions out of it once in a while to take a look at what's happening. But if you've left all semblance of being a supporter behind you years ago, to the extent that you no longer have any understanding of what it means to support your club, then you are one of the very reasons our stadium has turned to shit and you should be fucking ashamed of yourself. I really don't know why there is this sub-breed of fan 45+ years of age who go around with such arrogance that they think they know the game and out club better than everyone else. People like you disgust me. You think you're the fucking experts because of a few extra years of supporting, but you're just contributors to the cancer that is the "negativity under any circumstances" stench that runs through our fandom now. I just thank my lucky stars that I know plenty of mid-aged fans who don't behave like that.

Yes, look at things realistically, but don't take a real supporter's seat in the Lane if all you're going to do is sit there quietly bitching and whining. You don't deserve it.

I can only presume that you been have watching a different group of players to me. Take Eriksen and Loris out, and you are left with complete averageness. Apart from the two I mentioned, can you honestly see any of the others playing for a top four side. Perhaps Vert, but that's only when he feels like it.

No, we don't attract the top managers, and this is why. One miserable league cup in how many years? A chairman that any self respecting human being wouldn't want to work with. A NET Kitty of zero £s. The only reason any manager would come to us is for relatively big wages.

You should stop thinking like a supporter, and be more objective.
:dawsonlol:

So some people want Poch because they're excited about him working with our youth and doing what he did with Soton, and yet a lot of people moan when Bentaleb was starting week in week out, not having a dig just curious to the way of thinking.

So some people want Poch because they're excited about him working with our youth and doing what he did with Soton, and yet a lot of people moan when Bentaleb was starting week in week out, not having a dig just curious to the way of thinking.

Initially I was really annoyed about Bentaleb's appearance out of nowhere while we still had good midfielders who I thought should have started ahead of him but in the end he did do a pretty good job. Kane has surprised me as well with his performances so the idea of our incoming manager involving our youth players has actually quite grown on me. Yes, it can be risky but sometimes it's worth it!

Covert footage of itk preparing insider updates:-

tumblr_inline_mqgjgqA2Td1qz4rgp.gif

Back
Top Bottom