New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I might be thick but I don't see the relevance in the comparison of those seasons?

Exactly yet again it's totally ridiculous to compare, unless you have all 3 of those managers have the same squad in the same season!!

The only good thing about the graphic was that Pochetino looked angry at least!

Like ArtyB ArtyB said, but also for me a comparison like the above, where you compare the stats of teams of a broadly similar stature, is more relevant than saying we did the double over Southampton with Sherwood in charge. It was interesting to read.

Two caveats for me: Wigan's diabolical lack of investment means Martinez deserves extra credit, and Rodgers and Martinez managed for more than just 1 season so were no flash in the pans.
Yes agree with that.

I can't help thinking that if FDB was in London tonight, ther would be pictures of him somewhere.

Stansted, Gatwick, Heathrow and London City airport are all stacked with Spurs fans all of which would probably have camera phones..

He could not get in undetected unless he was driven which I doubt.

I can't help thinking that if FDB was in London tonight, ther would be pictures of him somewhere.

Stansted, Gatwick, Heathrow and London City airport are all stacked with Spurs fans all of which would probably have camera phones..

He could not get in undetected unless he was driven which I doubt.

All fair, but we have overwhelming reports that Levy flew to Amsterdam twice to meet with LvG, and at least I've never seen any photos whatsoever of a big club's chairman with the Dutch national coach in the Dutch capital.

Not saying it's one way or the other, simply that I don't think we could necessarily discredit that rumor on such a basis.

So it seems Pochettino is the one.

I'd be pretty happy with that. Like what he's done at Soton and his attacking style will suit our options.

Also help Lamela which is a bonus.
http://www.espnfc.com/manager/_/id/216/mauricio-pochettino?cc=5901

Tactics: He usually favours a positive, attacking style of play using a 4-2-3-1 formation. He deploys a back four with two holding midfielders, wingers to support a lone front man and an attacking midfielder in support through the middle.

sounds familiar:avbshit:

I think the shape was right, AVB just messed up the starting 11s.

We have a great squad for that shape.

All fair, but we have overwhelming reports that Levy flew to Amsterdam twice to meet with LvG, and at least I've never seen any photos whatsoever of a big club's chairman with the Dutch national coach in the Dutch capital.

Not saying it's one way or the other, simply that I don't think we could necessarily discredit that rumor on such a basis.

That's because he went in disguise, here is levy at Schipol airport.
th

Sick of seeing one day poncetto up the next fdb if levy is leaking alternate stories to drive down the price we'll end up with moyes.

pick a canditate and go get em

Here's how the story of FDB being at Gatwick got around.

@HotspurRelated got conned (be easy on him, he’s only young) with and elderly snap. The Tottenham Tweeter with over 40 million followers was somehow duped into publishing this snap.

Whilst it is indeed a picture of Mr De Boer at an airport (Schiphol), it is one that was taken in 2010. Hardly the Hitler Diaries, but it’s early doors, as the great Ron Atkinson used to say.

Who: The Goat
When: 26th May
Where: SC

We've been told that Poch is "all sorted contract-wise" and we're just finalising terms with Southampton.

It'll be a 3 year deal with a further 1 year option. He'll also bring in 3/4 of his backroom staff.

Who: The Goat
When: 26th May
Where: SC

We've been told that Poch is "all sorted contract-wise" and we're just finalising terms with Southampton.

It'll be a 3 year deal with a further 1 year option. He'll also bring in 3/4 of his backroom staff.

No mention of bringing any players with him I suppose?

http://www.espnfc.com/manager/_/id/216/mauricio-pochettino?cc=5901

Tactics: He usually favours a positive, attacking style of play using a 4-2-3-1 formation. He deploys a back four with two holding midfielders, wingers to support a lone front man and an attacking midfielder in support through the middle.

sounds familiar:avbshit:
While the formation is the same, The key difference is "positive, attacking style of play". Something that AVB's Tottenham can't lay claim too.

I agree people were unfair to Bentaleb. Wasn't his fault he was poorly selected for the games he was, and he did a decent job in utility. He just simply was made to be the avatar of Sherwood's desperate attempt to please Levy which in it's selfishness consequently hurt our team.

As for Sherwood, while I appreciated those entertaining comebacks, three of the four goals we yielded them this season should never have happened and were the result of stunning defensive errors (the fourth was a lovely heads up play from Lallana, couldn't even get mad about it). Therefore, I don't give much credit to Sherwood commandeering those comebacks. I'm much more inclined to chalk those up to Eriksen and his bizarre unfazability and distanced mentality for a professional athlete.
Fair comments, I disagree, but each to his own, etc.

Back
Top Bottom