New Manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems like a rehash of everything else already printed. Though Im sure the last one I read said Pochettino was Baldinis preference.

The author, Tom Collomosse, is apparently a cricket guy who covers Spurs as well, according to his twitter account https://twitter.com/TomCStandard

Cricket Correspondent of London Evening Standard, also cover football, mainly Tottenham Hotspur FC. Views mine; RTs/links are not endorsements.@EveningStandard

A bit of a google seems to confirm he has covered us for a long time, thats not to say he has any real info though.

Hopefully his "getting it sorted next week" line is true

Seems like a rehash of everything else already printed. Though Im sure the last one I read said Pochettino was Baldinis preference.

The author, Tom Collomosse, is apparently a cricket guy who covers Spurs as well, according to his twitter account https://twitter.com/TomCStandard

A bit of a google seems to confirm he has covered us for a long time, thats not to say he has any real info though.

Hopefully his "getting it sorted next week" line is true

That's the main reason I posted this link.

That's the main reason I posted this link.
Had a look at that article and the writer appears to have backtracked on his previous position. I have heard that FDB is a done deal and an announcement is imminent, but my source is a bit shady, although at times very credible.

I completely appreciate your preference for Pochettino, its quite reasonable. And I wouldnt have any issue with his appointment.

None of us know what is actually going on, but we do know:
  • De Boer has announced quite candidly our interest in him.
  • Ronald De Boer and Alex Winter have validated that.
  • FDB has been away on a trip for a week or so and has only just returned.
  • Pochettino has been sat , available, for 2 weeks without an official approach
I can not disagree with those facts, therefore it looks more likely to be De Boer. If so I will not necessarily be disappointed, just a little more apprehensive. I hope he hits the ground running and eases my doubts.

COYS!!

765.gif

I can't take much more of this!

So, Sherwood was sacked on the 13th and according to Collomosse's artice Danny Boy is meeting with fellow directors next Monday, the 27th, to decide who their preferred candidate is - that's two bloody weeks ! If this is true (I know it's journo talk so treat it with caution) it is bordering on negligence. Everyone has known Tim was a "dead man walking" for months so why the lack of planning - fucking scandalous imo.

Hopefully all will be resolved soon with a positive appointment, whoever that is ?!

So, Sherwood was sacked on the 13th and according to Collomosse's artice Danny Boy is meeting with fellow directors next Monday, the 27th, to decide who their preferred candidate is - that's two bloody weeks ! If this is true (I know it's journo talk so treat it with caution) it is bordering on negligence. Everyone has known Tim was a "dead man walking" for months so why the lack of planning - fucking scandalous imo.

Hopefully all will be resolved soon with a positive appointment, whoever that is ?!

I think all the planning as to chosen candidates was already in place, but no self-respecting manager was going to interview with us before the end of the season and I'm glad to see us have the respect not do conduct interviews while Tim while still in charge. Now present, I'm glad to see us being diligent about this as this is a very important decision given the strength of the current squad with albeit with some rather demanding needs that need to be adequately addressed in the most conducive manner possible.

I think all the planning as to chosen candidates was already in place, but no self-respecting manager was going to interview with us before the end of the season and I'm glad to see us have the respect not do conduct interviews while Tim while still in charge. Now present, I'm glad to see us being diligent about this as this is a very important decision given the strength of the current squad with albeit with some rather demanding needs that need to be adequately addressed in the most conducive manner possible.
Totally agree about respecting other managers/clubs during the season and while Tim was still in charge. The point I was trying to make was that they don't appear to have decided who the no 1 target is - and if I'm not mistaken the season ended nearly 2 weeks ago so why all the uncertainty ?

Oh shut it. Leave it to the big boys and stop your crying.

TFC Folk: "we need Levy to be more patient and stop knee jerking"

9 days after Sherwood leaves......

"Why hasnt he appointed anyone yet?!?!?!"

:adeninja:

I hit agree..... and I'm one of them!!! as i was hoping.... SILLY ME that the due dilligence we done before Ledley's testamonial!

Typical spurs, never mind a drip coming from the ceiling, we wait until the living room is flooded before we call someone!!

Back
Top Bottom