The North London Derby (Home)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Sol Campbell comes out and apologises to Spurs fans for leaving for Woolwich..

Apology absolutely, categorically NOT accepted.

Judas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-no-regrets-transfer-north-London-rivals.html
In hindsight its easy to apologise. He shouldn't have behaved as he did, initially. Thats when you need to show strong character, not after when it suits you, to apologise, for self preservation.

Although, I would forgive, as its the right thing to do but not forget?

With city winning and the scum going 4th.We need to get 3 points to heap some sort of pressure on them.4th spot might be back on. Lets not get side tracked with club politics and get back to winning ways.

I'm normally wildly optimistic, but this time I know it will be a miracle if we lose by less than 2 goals.

I'd genuinely take 0-2 and be happy.

I am sorry but I cannot accept that utterly defeatist attitude. It is fine being realistic but being happy with losing 2-0 at home to the scum is too far.

If we don't win, and both Arse & Pool win, we'll be 9 points off course for fourth.

Not so much caring about that now, but if Everton win today we'll be just 2 points ahead, with having played an extra game.

After this weekend, we *should* have a great run to get a chance of a strong last couple of furlongs in this donkey derby of a season - Liverpool are the only real worry...

Southampton (H)
Liverpool (A)
Sunderland (H)
West Brom (A) - Not won under Mel yet
Fulham (H) - Not won a game for 2 months
Stoke (A)
West Ham (H)
Aston Villa (A)

If we write off this weekend and keeps our heads up, there will be 8 games and 24 points left to play for.

Our previous points finishes in the last 10 years have been:

12/13 - 72pts 5th
11/12 - 69pts 4th
10/11 - 62pts 5th
09/10 - 70pts 4th
08/09 - 51pts 8th
07/08 - 46pts 11th
06/07 - 60pts 5th
05/06 - 65pts 5th
04/05 - 52pts 9th
03/04 - 45pts 14th

As we have 53 points at the moment, we can still, weirdly enough 'afford' to lose against Woolwich & Liverpool and still achieve more points than last year's record, and also the previous 9 seasons.

If I'm honest, I predict the following:

Woolwich (H) - 0pts (0-3) - NOT happy about this but I'd rather just get on with it
Southampton (H) - 1pts (2-2)
Liverpool (A) - 0pts (0-3)
Sunderland (H) - 3pts (1-0)
West Brom (A) - 3pts (3-0)
Fulham (H) - 3pts (4 -1)
Stoke (A) - 1pts (0 -0)
West Ham (H) - 3pts (2 - 1)
Aston Villa (A) - 3pts, (1-0)

That would give us 17 points from 24, and a points total of 70. I doubt it'd get us 4th, or even 5th, but we'd be well in the mix. I can't see us overturning Europa (or winning it), so I'd prefer some pride to be played for, hopefully keep some dignity, and then focus on the last 8 games.

COYS

really need to get over this Van der vart lark

I fkn LOVE VDV but IMO it will be a bit of a side step if he comes. This team is crying out for strength, finishing and most importantly speed.

I think Eriksen, Ade and VDV will be a little too slow overall. Our fast players are our weak links since Bale left (apart from Walker)

If we sign another attacker, it has to be at least a fast one. The season Ade scored 32 prem goals, he had Robin Van Percunt next to him. It has to be someone like him only less rapey. Soldado is too slow and ducks out of games and plays with his back to goal. Getting someone with RVP's style is easier said than done though.

I see Ade has been mouthing off about how the Arse can't take pressure and are useless without the ball.

When will our team learn to shut up and do the talking on the fucking pitch?

I see Ade has been mouthing off about how the Arse can't take pressure and are useless without the ball.

When will our team learn to shut up and do the talking on the fucking pitch?

I'd prefer Ade to get it out of his system off-pitch tbh

No more of this, please Manu

adebayor.gif

Fuck that soft sending off. I would like a few tackles flying in tomorrow. The last game at the emirates was so fucking tame I thought it was a pillow fight between old ladies. Not sexy at all.

Fuck that soft sending off. I would like a few tackles flying in tomorrow. The last game at the emirates was so fucking tame I thought it was a pillow fight between old ladies. Not sexy at all.

I don't like what happens this season with 10 players of ours on the field :/

really need to get over this Van der vart lark
To be honest I don't think I'd take him back, it was more that we should've never got rid. He had passion and ability (and a tendency to wind up Gooners) that we just lack at the moment. Eriksen is looking great as a replacement, but VDV was incredible for us.

You can legally play with more physicality than what we showed earlier. No one said anything about getting sent off. FFS do I really need to spell that out? Use your Jedi common sense.

I find myself wanting to believe more than I think we will. I will say if Eriksen plays I think we have a punchers chance.

You can legally play with more physicality than what we showed earlier. No one said anything about getting sent off. FFS do I really need to spell that out? Use your Jedi common sense.

You said "I would like a few tackles flying in tomorrow". That implies you want tackles off the ground. Tackles that start of off the ground usually end up as red cards...

Back
Top Bottom