Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

a loss to one of the best teams in the world and there's about 5 new pages of people calling our manager out.

I've already said Bentaleb shouldn't have started unless Capoue was on the pitch with him but other than that he didn't do anything wrong.

Actually, starting Sig was a mistake as I don't rate him at all, but not much he could do considering the injuries we've got.

Nice maturity there. It is funny how no one can seem to justify Sherwood's tactical short comings other than throw insults.

What do you mean by justify his tactical short comings? Some of his mistakes cannot be justified, however every manager in the world make mistakes and Tim is learning and to me it appears he is learning quite fast.

neither of them were offside!

article-2548367-1B0F529C00000578-863_634x367.jpg

from the daily fail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ael-Dawson-wrong-calls-impact-title-race.html

As you'd expect from the daily mail, it's all been twisted. Compare Ade's position in the first photo as Eriksen makes contact - he's well offside? Not to say that he was interfering with place perhaps

what tactical shortcomings are there other than playing Bentaleb last night?

This was a massive problem. I don't know how many times I have to explain this. Bentaleb was anonymous against City's midfield, just like he has been against Woolwich. We have been carved open persistently.Luckily we have dealt well with these 1vs 1 situations because our opponents have not had top finishers.

Second tactical error was starting Eriksen in the hole when he had been far more effective on the left. This is why he struggled to get into the team under AVB. I also think singurdsson should have come off earlier.

This was a massive problem. I don't know how many times I have to explain this. Bentaleb was anonymous against City's midfield, just like he has been against Woolwich. We have been carved open persistently.Luckily we have dealt well with these 1vs 1 situations because our opponents have not had top finishers.

Second tactical error was starting Eriksen in the hole when he had been far more effective on the left. This is why he struggled to get into the team under AVB. I also think singurdsson should have come off earlier.

The reason that Eriksen wasn't started on the left is probably because Sherwood was worried about his inability to track back and help Rose cope with Navas and Zabaleta. I also think Siggy would have been hauled off sooner had Dembele not picked up a knock.

I don't think it's as big a problem as you think. When Sandro/Paulinho are back I'm fairly confident he'll be pushed to the bench or maybe even back into the reserves. Dembele couldn't pass the ball 5 yards last night but no-one has been slating him, and he's supposedly the one with experience. (i know he picked up an injury but it doesn't excuse some of his passing)

Fair point there I thought Eriksen was fairly anonymous last night, as were the rest of the top 4 (lennon, sig, ade)

Nice maturity there. It is funny how no one can seem to justify Sherwood's tactical short comings other than throw insults.

Its nice to score in a game we get trounced in don't you think, makes a pleasant change (twice were it not for inept officials).

Also nice to see a bit of fight at 3 down.

Last edited:

Why would I justify them?

The things he does wrong, he needs to learn from and improve. If his mistakes outweigh our progression, then eventually he should go....like any other manager. There is nothing to justify..

Right now he is doing a good job, despite you foaming at the mouth over Bentaleb, which everybody pretty much agrees was a mistake last night.

Your problem is, that you dismiss people who like TS as never being able to say he did wrong. Its not the case....the only people dealing in extreme opinions here is you.

Its nice to score in a game we get trounced in don't you think, makes a pleasant change (twice were it not for inept officials).

Also nice to see a bit of fight at 3 down.
Yeh it has been better so far than AVB but its way to hard to judge right now. Sherwood took 16 out of 18 point prior to this against mainly mid-table opposition while having a huge injury list and Man City have been humiliation everyone this season so its not a surprise we lost. Until our best players are back I don't think we can say either way because Verts, Sandro and Paulinho make us a different team to the one we saw last night, it will be easier to make judgements then. I still have hope for this season, our fixture list is just about the best of any top 10 team.

Only if the referee interprets that action as such, and as the ref gave the decision against Dawson Id suggest Ade wasnt a consideration.

Dawson was most certainly onside, and was the one penalised - this is an incorrect call.

If Adebayor was deemed offside it would have been awarded against him, not Dawson.

For me there is a slight mis-placed arrogance, about TS! A number of posts prior to the game last night, where suggesting, (rightly so imo) seeing that a DM in front of the back 4 (5 imo, but looking at the bench, that was not an option) was essential! An to start with a 4-1-4-1 formation. Agreed, TS was limited with the bench we had, but for me Chadli, should have started over Siggy And maybe to have been a little more cautious around a Bentaleb start!

Walker-Vlad-Daws-Rose (4)
Capoue (1)
Lennon-Dembele-Eriksen-Chaldi (4)
Ade (1)

To attempt to go toe-toe with a side like City from the off, albeit at home. I think, if not arrogant, then naive at best! It saw us chasing shadows!

Top 3 (All have or plan to re-enforce this window)
Man City
Chelsea
Woolwich
Leaves us hoping that Liverpool, Everton capitulate and Mata, dose'nt breath new life into Utd! All of which I can not see happening. All I hope for is with the likes of a Van Gaal penciled in to take charge in the Summer, will see us retain the services of Loris. Vert, Sandro, Paulie, even Soldado etc!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom