Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utter nonsense. A formation is not a t-shirt for fuck's sake.

I think in a squad that has more midfielders than necessary, and very few strikers any set up that includes as many in midfield as workable would suit us. Call it 433/451/4231 or whatever you like, but I can see the logic in that thinking.

When was the last time we truly dominated a game and we could away saying yes we truly won that game hands down?. I have hardly seen that this.I like what sherwood has done with giving the players more flexibility and playing more attacking football. but the part of his thinking I don't get is why he does not believe he can do so with one striker of the calibre of Adebayor. At the end of the day this is the guy making our front line tick. You saw him have one of his off days against Palace and he was camped alongside soldado while we were getting steam rolled in midfield. I believe another attacking midfielder would add more than soldado. Heck I believe Soldado has been achilles heel all along, just like when we used to play defoe as a lone striker.

Before Sherwood, alot of people were very happy to win at any cost, playing any way and all that mattered was 3pts.

With Sherwood, the way we are winning is now a major concern to many of those same people.

Odd

...we where shit in the first half but good in the second, Eriksen said the manager was angry with them at half time, the second half looked like we had a new team of players...

I find it worrying we were so poor in the first half off the back of a weeks rest and the first real time Tim's had with the players to coach them - if anything, this should have been one of our better performances?

Of course credit to him for getting them up for the 2nd half though.

Last edited:
F365 Winners and Losers
Tottenham and Tim Sherwood

No-one really knows what to make of Sherwood so far - or perhaps the truth is that everyone knows exactly what they think of him, but have been unable to air their opinions due to Spurs winning four and drawing one of his first five league matches in charge. It's a peculiar situation as befuddled on-lookers wait to be proven right but remain twiddling their thumbs as the gap to fourth continues to close.

At half-time on Saturday, it seemed vindication for doubting Timothys was only 45 minutes away, but two goals in the second half prolonged the wait. Was it the sign of a proficient manager who understood how to improve his team's performance, or simply further evidence that Crystal Palace can rather charitably be referred to as 'mediocre'?

"I thought they might come and sit but they did the opposite to that, they had threats on the counter attack, they gave us problems and they should have been ahead at half-time," admitted Sherwood after the game.

"They looked like they were playing with a little bit more desire and that's what we talked about at half-time. We've got a group of lads who are very talented but unless you marry the talent with desire, you're going to get found out.

"I think in the second half we picked it up and we showed we can match that desire and commitment and then our quality showed."

It's all well and good focusing on the effort and character of the team but, as David Moyes has shown at Manchester United, there is a glass ceiling to that approach. The next two matches, against Swansea and Manchester City, will provide a much more thorough examination of Sherwood's tactical acumen.

Since we got on the topic of Tim lookin the part:

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/tottenham/id/2018?cc=5901

Sure, everyone values result on the pitch more than anything else. But I could not agree with this article more. He looks like a promoted reserves coach handed a caretaker position, not a manager of a club looking to go on and up. And I don't wanna hear any shit about yanks yada yada, this fella is one of your own who some of you may have sat next to.

Sure, everyone values result on the pitch more than anything else. But I could not agree with this article more. He looks like a promoted reserves coach handed a caretaker position, not a manager of a club looking to go on and up. And I don't wanna hear any shit about yanks yada yada, this fella is one of your own who some of you may have sat next to.
Yeah, I think a suit, or at least respectable dress, adds an air of authority that a track suit doesn't offer.

He's got plenty of time to wear the scruffy stuff in training. That said, it's a small issue and if he churns out good results I don't think anyone will be thinking much about it.

He is a cretin who tweeted this:

probably best to ignore his cobblers.

If Holtby wants to leave to play first team football, why would Sherwood say no? By letting him go, he is showing him respect, instead of leaving a player to "rot in the reserves" when he knows full well that Paulinho, Dembele, Bentaleb and Eriksen are all ahead of him. Then theres Siggy and Lamela.

Lamela wont be allowed to leave just yet until we can recoup most of his fee either on or off the pitch.

Holtby cost 1.5M and wants out. No brainer.

Back
Top Bottom