Woolwich V Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, I'm not going to post anything racist or anti Semitic on Twitter or Facebook, not that I would anyway,

These lads who tweeted anti Semitic crap about Spurs fans have been threatened had their addresses splashed all over the place and been reported to the old bill. Not only that people have found where they work and sent messages to their bosses and companies telling them they won't be buying any products from them.
So these idiots are going to get their heads kicked in, get the sack and are going to the big house.. The power of social media.

A lesson for everyone I think.

Definitely.

There's a difference between football banter and something else. I wouldn't condone anyone bringing any other factors to the table other than the game itself.

Unfortunately, people do - in stadiums and on twitter.

I just think it's a damn shame that some ex-players are so quick to pass comment but so slow to criticise their own who cross the line.

The thing about Woolwich players is that they seem to have no respect for their fellow professionals. Walcott taking the mick out of us for losing 2 0 seems like he is taking the piss out of the players aswell in my opinion. It was the same when Scheszney gave an interview last year proclaiming that our players were not good enough for the top 4. He turned out to be right but it was such a cunty thing to do and something he had no right to say in my opinion and I would have found it cringeworthy if one of our players had done that

The thing about Woolwich players is that they seem to have no respect for their fellow professionals. Walcott taking the mick out of us for losing 2 0 seems like he is taking the piss out of the players aswell in my opinion. It was the same when Scheszney gave an interview last year proclaiming that our players were not good enough for the top 4. He turned out to be right but it was such a cunty thing to do and something he had no right to say in my opinion and I would have found it cringeworthy if one of our players had done that

We did the exact same thing, if I recall correctly guys like Van der vaart, Defoe, AVB all did and said things which were premature for example VDV stated that Woolwich had no chance of finishing above us which they did, Defoe being so sure that we would finish above them that he got into a bet with Wilshire and who could forget AVBs infamous comments on "negative spirals". My point is we've clearly given it to them in the past albeit prematurely so therefore we have to learn to take whatever it is that comes our way.

if
We did the exact same thing, if I recall correctly guys like Van der vaart, Defoe, AVB all did and said things which were premature for example VDV stated that Woolwich had no chance of finishing above us which they did, Defoe being so sure that we would finish above them that he got into a bet with Wilshire and who could forget AVBs infamous comments on "negative spirals". My point is we've clearly given it to them in the past albeit prematurely so therefore we have to learn to take whatever it is that comes our way.

If I remember correctly wilshite started that bet and defoe agreed to it and I seem to remember AVB suggesting that Woolwich may have a negative spiral but never arrogantly proclaimed that Woolwich players were not good enough. If I am wrong about these incidents then fair enough but it doesn't stop them from being smug unbearable cunts on a level we could never be at in my opinion

Stop referring to Tottenham as "We" - you aren't Spurs. You cant even spell Stalteri.
You're a goon troll, albeit a more elaborate troll than most as some posters are being fooled by you.

The first bet bet was put in place by Wilshire however the second bet was instigated by Defoe. AVB was insinuating that just because they lost to us their season would come crumbling down as a result, that's arrogance in my book. Didn't mention this in my earlier post but I also recall Bale stating that we were better than them and had surpassed them as the best team in North London a week prior to us defeating them at WHL.

those tweets make me sick
:paulinhowtf:
I am ashamed for my club, we're not all like that.
At the Everton game before Christmas we found out we had you in the 3rd round during the match and you got the usual buzz and songs, then some lads (about 5) started singing the "I've got a foreskin, haven't you, fucking Jew" ( the tune of coming round the mountain) and they were quickly hushed and told to shut up. I hope those on Twitter are punished.

Bloody Gooner Trolls you have a shit team , a shit stadium and a shit website: Its no wonder you are slothing around here. Piss off back to your caves where you belong.

They apparently have a banner in their ground which declares "You Can't Buy Class".
Yet, they were created by a corrupt politician as a money-making enterprise, an Edwardian-era version of the MK Dons. They're the only league club not to be named after a geographical location, wonder why?
Their supporters have been fed so much bullshit about their history with their Old-Etonians and their Marbled Halls, and most seem to know absolutely nothing about it; they're like a football version of Mormonism or Scientology.
They bribed their way to promotion to the top-flight, with Henry Norris subsequently being banned for life from football. Bribery and corruption; You Can't Buy Class, but you can buy a promotion.
'You Can't Buy Class'... evidently not, otherwise Walmart would sell it and Woolwich could acquire some.
Anyone who supports Woolwich is a stupid fucking cunt.

They apparently have a banner in their ground which declares "You Can't Buy Class".
Yet, they were created by a corrupt politician as a money-making enterprise, an Edwardian-era version of the MK Dons. They're the only league club not to be named after a geographical location, wonder why?
Their supporters have been fed so much bullshit about their history with their Old-Etonians and their Marbled Halls, and most seem to know absolutely nothing about it; they're like a football version of Mormonism or Scientology.
They bribed their way to promotion to the top-flight, with Henry Norris subsequently being banned for life from football. Bribery and corruption; You Can't Buy Class, but you can buy a promotion.
'You Can't Buy Class'... evidently not, otherwise Walmart would sell it and Woolwich could acquire some.
Anyone who supports Woolwich is a stupid fucking cunt.

This all over.
Just mention the bond scheme to them next time they talk about money. Mugged off by their own club and the 'great' david dein.

Though I'd bet half their fans won't even know what the hell you're on about

At the Everton game before Christmas we found out we had you in the 3rd round during the match and you got the usual buzz and songs, then some lads (about 5) started singing the "I've got a foreskin, haven't you, fucking Jew" ( the tune of coming round the mountain) and they were quickly hushed and told to shut up. I hope those on Twitter are punished.

Yup, and Spurs aren't all Flare throwing/linesman injuring hooligans... and yet WE were all being tarred with the same brush earlier in the season after the Villa game... and that was only ONE person!

So far, that's 8 Arse fans who have this opinion... the 3 on Twatter, and the 5 (or so) you have implied up at Goodison... and that's without really trying!

I'm not suggesting YOU hold these beliefs, and we all know there are (annoyingly) many half-decent Woolwich fans out there (probably!) who don't either.
...but you have to hold your hands up, that Spurs fans calling Walcott a 'shit Aaron Lennon' (for instance) most definitely IS football-related 'banter' ...as is, to be fair, him holding up a two-fingered scoreline to us...
whereas the vile filth posted yesterday most certainly ISN'T football related, and nor is it 'Banter' (hate the word personally, as it covers a multitude of sins)
...and as far as I can see, it's only ever been NON-SPURS fans (and there's plenty of them) to have this vile opinion towards us! Your club has them, Chelsea and West Ham's CERTAINLY do, and we're just expected to sit back and 'take it'? Bollocks!

...and if you dare mention us singing 'YID', then I'll kindly point you in the direction of 'context'. (and a different thread on here for you to trawl through)
None of the Woolwich fans' tweets yesterday contained the word YID, and yet you'd have to be both deaf, blind, and stupid NOT to see how disgustingly offensive they are! YID is not the problem, and never has been... Anti-Semitic sentiment most certainly is.

Lets be honest I hate Woolwich as much as the next man and revel in the rivalry. I must admit when Theo news broke I smiled in a schadenfrude way. But we all know lots of goons and as a whole they are very rarely anti-Semitic. Compared to our other London rivals they are decent in this regard. Horrors of all horrors they are often quite like us just support a wankish side.

I appreciate those goons who have shown genuine shame at the few idiots that have soiled the fan base as a whole, for example Ian Wright. Cant wait till we beat the scum in March. Hopefully their season deteriorates quite quickly but it has to be noted they're not in the same league as chelsea or west ham in terms of anti semitism

Lets be honest I hate Woolwich as much as the next man and revel in the rivalry. I must admit when Theo news broke I smiled in a schadenfrude way. But we all know lots of goons and as a whole they are very rarely anti-Semitic. Compared to our other London rivals they are decent in this regard. Horrors of all horrors they are often quite like us just support a wankish side.
I appreciate those goons who have shown genuine shame at the few idiots that have soiled the fan base as a whole, for example Ian Wright. Cant wait till we beat the scum in March. Hopefully their season deteriorates quite quickly but it has to be noted they're not in the same league as chelsea or west ham in terms of anti semitism

Unfortunately, as the old Army saying goes; "Your platoon is only as strong as its' weakest Soldier" (or summit like that, I wasn't in the Army, but I've seen films!)

Just like not ALL Spurs fans sing YID, and all but ONE Spurs fan threw a flare, unfortunately we've all been tarnished with the same brush... by the media, and other football fans alike.
If you mention Hungerford, Dunblane, Colombine, Soham... people only think the worst thing imaginable, and yet only one or two people were involved with each of them!
NO, I'm not comparing mass murder with anti-Semitic football fans, but the point I'm trying to make, is that it doesn't take many, to ruin it for the rest.

YES, there are even worse fans of even worsererer(!!) clubs than Woolwich out there... but that doesn't distract from the fact that fans of Woolwich, with arguably (Jew% stat. fans) an equal, if not larger Jewish fan base than our own nowadays, have openly come out with such disgusting filth, in full view of their OWN Jewish fans, and half their board members! If anything, it quite possibly makes it worse!

...or is their 'mantra' more along the lines of; "it's not our Jews we hate, only Tottenham ones?" ...or is it not even that, and they secretly detest the fact there are ANY Jews left alive, to support any football club, let alone their own?

It truly beggars belief.

Just out of interest anyway, considering the way that they can't take flak and resort to unoriginal racist bile, don't Woolwich fans realise that David Dein is Jewish, and so is most of their bankrollers including Danny Fiszman, and a proportion of their fanbase.

Talk about self inflicted abuse? Also indicates the average "fan's" knowledge of their own club

It's the same with West Ham fans.
Fools.

It's the same with West Ham fans.
Fools.

Yeah, but they really would be guilty of the; "Our Jews are alright, it's them Spurs Yids that are the problem" mentality!

I'm gonna use the 'P' word to emphasise my point;
My wife (half Indian, thank you very much) was once told to her face that; "(She) was alright, it's them other Pakis we can't stand"

THAT'S the kind of warped logic many 'Hissing' West Ham/Woolwich fans have... they probably DO have Jewish friends, but simply don't make the connection.

Yeah, but they really would be guilty of the; "Our Jews are alright, it's them Spurs Yids that are the problem" mentality!

I'm gonna use the 'P' word to emphasise my point;
My wife (half Indian, thank you very much) was once told to her face that; "(She) was alright, it's them other Pakis we can't stand"

THAT'S the kind of warped logic many 'Hissing' West Ham/Woolwich fans have... they probably DO have Jewish friends, but simply don't make the connection.

Blatant 'I have a sexy exotic wife' post

Back
Top Bottom