West Ham League Cup QF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good to see some fair, reasoned quality journalism for once on last night's game...

Gone but not forgotten! Spurs gaffe by continuing to name Andre Villas-Boas as manager in club programme

Thursday 19 Dec 2013 7:44 am

He might be gone, but Andre Villas-Boas is not forgotten at Tottenham – after he was accidentally listed as their manager in the match day programme for their clash with West Ham.
Villas-Boas left White Hart Lane by ‘mutual consent’ on Monday after a string of bad results.
And it seems that while the decision was a bit of a shock, nobody told Spurs’ media men – who continued listing him as their manager more than 48 hours later.
Embarrassingly for the club, AVB was still listed as Tottenham’s boss on the team page.
However, having spent £100million on new players in the summer, perhaps they’re opting to save a bit cash of by not getting their programmes re-printed.
Spurs lost the match 2-1 – which meant they were dumped out of the Capital One Cup at the quarter-final stage.

Blame it on AVB.

WHAT A TOTAL NON-EVENT... ONLY A LAZY FUCKING RETARD WOULD TRY AND MAKE A STORY OUT OF IT... NOW I WONDER WHAT FUCKER SAID THAT???

oh yeah... lemme guess;

james-sanderson.jpg

Jamie Sanderson

What is this cunts' agenda??

Erm getting beat 6-0 5-0 and 3-0 was a pretty decent 90s tribute.
Indeed. Just like a record points haul, unbeaten run in europe, amazing away record... oh, wait.

A few games accepted we have been bloody solid this season and done a very good job of controlling games. Not very 90s at all.

However, a powder puff midfield, aimless crossing, "just try and hit the big man", haphazard defending and running out of steam after 70 minutes are about as 90s Spurs as it can get.

Oh yee of little faith!
We will win on Sunday, with the same 4-4-2 set up. Some player changes and looking, to be a bit more direct. Positive attitude and guts. onward and conquer. COYS
I admire your optimism and hope it is well founded, but right now I just dont share it.

Indeed. Just like a record points haul, unbeaten run in europe, amazing away record... oh, wait.

A few games accepted we have been bloody solid this season and done a very good job of controlling games. Not very 90s at all.

However, a powder puff midfield, aimless crossing, "just try and hit the big man", haphazard defending and running out of steam after 70 minutes are about as 90s Spurs as it can get.

I admire your optimism and hope it is well founded, but right now I just dont share it.

Exactly how I feel. I really can't be bothered about Tottenham today. Always let me down. However, tomorrow is a new day etc etc

I can't tell if you are joking or not... what your saying is so ridiculous :gallashmm:

Not ridiculous at all. Football has always been a working class sport where people go on a saturday, have a booze up with their mates and then front the away fans.
It's only in the past 3 or 4 years that Spurs has been infested by middle class Hipster wankers who sanitise our crowd to the point where the support is shite.

The article which linked hooliganism to atmosphere was spot on. Football doesnt need the middle class and the sooner they fuck off the better. It's so boring nowadays and yesterday was one of the few times i've enjoyed myself down WHL for years because both sets of fans were up for it and understood exactly the history of each team. Rivalries.

I don't disagree with you that aggression and atmosphere are linked. I am just confused that you think grown fighting and talking about 'yards run' is not childish.

EDIT; And yes I get the contradiction with my profile pick ;)

George Graham was manager in the 90's our performances this season have been on a par with the boredom levels witnessed during his time.

Actually losing 3 of our last 6 games 3-0, 6-0, 5-0 1-0 is probably worse than anything in that time not to mention scoring just one goal - a penalty in those games.

Sure we beat some Russian pig farmers and Moldovan carpenters. Brilliant.

And the record points haul - the column on the left will still always show 5th.

definitely had that old school feel to it outside and inside the ground tonight.

class support from our lot throughout, shame most of the players weren't as up for it.

I wanna hear stories from outside last night.
Not because I endorse or condone hooliganism, but because I'm still in a foul fucking mood and it might placate me slightly to hear about a couple of nazis getting a whack

Their youth (about 10 kids, 15 years old and wearing stone islands) tried fronting the Two Brewers, got chased off within seconds...
Was very funny.

I was walking back from the White Horse in Silver Street when I bumped into them, was winding them up the whole way. I was on my own and kept asking if they were "Pwopa West Ham" was even better when I turncoated them outside two brewers...

Back
Top Bottom