West Ham League Cup QF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” SWC

It will come good. A win against Southampton will put all this crap behind us. Then we can march on. No distractions, of the two games against City, trying to juggle players for the games and all that…..

For me, from this point forward, the best 11 every game. No rotation, no resting players, the best. Every player in that squad needs to stand up and be counted.

Last edited:
IMO The game turned when West Ham fans started singing "Oh when the Spurs go creeping out". I think all of the melts who have been leaving after 70 minutes and booing the team must have shut up at that moment, and realised " yeah, they're right", the players too.
What a load of rubbish. The support was superb throughout. There's much more negativity in this board, complaining about Sherwood, complaining about our players... AVB left on Monday, that leaves 2 days to prepare from scratch!

Last night was a perfect chance to kick start our season, a new feel at the club started with a nice win and a semi final on the horizon, but we couldn't even manage that.
Now all everyone is talking about is doom and gloom and what happens next.
How did we lose to that shit? They are beyond awful and have beaten us twice at home, it really is a living nightmare.
I can't remember the last time I felt this low supporting Spurs. There is a dark cloud hanging over the club and it needs lifting, starting on Sunday..

Having chance to sleep and reflect.. I've woken, drove to work and got to my desk... and instantly some silly cunt of a Wet Spammer has come over to me. Now..I work in engineering and I have several tools in a box under my desk.

Violence is not the answer..

anyway.. my thoughts?

Sherwood:- Positive first XI, 4-4-2 playing the best defence he possibly could with the wingers on the correct sides.
Terrible subs.. like or dislike Adebayor.. he was playing very well! Earned his goal.. then we should have brought on Soldado for Defoe and carved them apart.
Rose subbed? to be rested. eased back into it? thought Fryers would have helped the route one onslaught.
Chadli, well.. forced on due to Townsend pulling up. Dunno about him? He took too long to pull the trigger and could have scored.

Yes Defoe got the ball into Adebayor for the goal... but the rest of the game, total shite.
Thanks for everything, thanks for scoring against the teams we should be beating (Wigan and all that)...but time to play your trade elsewhere.. unless we are to slip back to mid-table.

I'm worried now, I dunno who we could possibly appoint as a manager.

Sorry for the negative comment.. I am normally here for the LOOOOL

“Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” SWC

It will come good. A win against Southampton will put all this crap behind us. Then we can march on. No distractions, of the two games against City, trying to juggle players for the games and all that…..

For me, from this point forward, the best 11 every game. No rotation, no resting players, the best. Every player in that squad needs to stand up and be counted.

If we play Southampton with that same set up they will absolutely destroy us, without doubt.

What a load of rubbish. The support was superb throughout. There's much more negativity in this board, complaining about Sherwood, complaining about our players... AVB left on Monday, that leaves 2 days to prepare from scratch!

Thats the thing, why did he prepare from scracth? Why didnt work along similar lines to the players are used to, and comfortable with and make changes to improve it? He tore up all the work we have dont for a season and a half and made us do our best mid-90s impression.

In anyones book, that has to be a bloody stupid thing to have done?

Fucking loved it when we scored, was right next to them lot and we went mental.

However that was completely reversed when they scored their 2nd, worst feeling ever.

That's football.

On reflection, some clarity of thought has prevailed & it occurred to me that despite losing to them twice this season (first time since 1962 btw) when all is said & done, we are still the mighty Spurs while they are still only West Ham.

You have to fell sorry for them really, this is the absolute best they are ever going to feel.

Thats the thing, why did he prepare from scracth? Why didnt work along similar lines to the players are used to, and comfortable with and make changes to improve it? He tore up all the work we have dont for a season and a half and made us do our best mid-90s impression.

In anyones book, that has to be a bloody stupid thing to have done?

Erm getting beat 6-0 5-0 and 3-0 was a pretty decent 90s tribute.

Back
Top Bottom