Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS

I can't read anymore posts talking about pride and how proud we are after that

I'm out

Happy Nuno Espirito Santo GIF by MolaTV

WE GAVE IT A FUCKING GOOD GO

I can't understand why people slag Son. He's never, in my opinion, been a good No 9. Even when Jose and Conté played him up front, he used to play deeper so that he had a run on to the ball.

He cannot control the ball in close quarters. He cannot hold off players and he cannot play on the last man. His poor form is on Ange.

What he is good at is running on to the ball and playing around players. He is good at running into a gap and he is good at playing short passes with players while at speed.

Buck stops with the manager and the facts are we cannot defend set pieces and it has been going on for months now. Every time a team gets a corner or free kick we look vulnerable. We give our keeper no protection and fail to deal with any quality cross. Same happened again today and Woolwich are renowned for their set pieces, yet we looked completely unprepared. You cannot expect to compete at the top level when you behave like this.

We also seem to lack leadership on the field, with Romero being the exception today. Ange now has no clue of his preferred midfield, as yet again we chop and change, with none of them showing any form. Maddison, in particular, should count himself lucky to be starting games, like Bissouma his form has fallen off the side of a cliff.

The season is frittering out yet again, think we will struggle to hold in to fifth the way we are playing and worse again we have strengthened Scums chance of winning the league with a shameful first half of football. I hate City but hope they keep in winning yo stop that lot.

"We are still not resilient enough, particularly in a transition moment or a set-piece. We allow far too easy access to our goal."

Yep he knows the problem, he's seen it all season.
Now let him try and fix it in the summer with players, coaching,system tweaks and then we'll see if there's improvements.

Nothing much is gonna change in the last 5 games

Better second half but we are carrying too many poor performers in Maddison and Son - players who were supposed to be our difference makers.

Most crucially we need 1st 10 games Bissouma back because that was the cog everything else revolved around when we were good.

6 minutes ET was an absolute joke and Olivers refusal to make a decision- especially on the Davies penalty is very worrying for the level of refereeing in this country

Back
Top Bottom