Tottenham Hotspur vs The Bottling, Diving, Scummy Woolwich. Sun 28th April, 2:00pm kick-off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right, but I don't think the 3-0 scoreline was representative at the time either.
I think a lot of football analysis is irrational as it looks at the final scoreline and then work backwards. VdV offside was so marginal that in reality tech can only 'estimate', while the Kulu pen was a 2 goal swing.

They definitely didn't deserve to be 3-0 up, but when you can't handle set pieces you're going to concede set piece goals to the side who are the best at scoring set pieces .. it wasn't some outlier, this was always likely to happen.

Neither team played well. Our goalkeeper can't handle physicality in the box and our forwards are about as menacing as your average kitten. They setup to punish us in certain areas and did so, so nothing to be particularly optimistic about.

We were shit. Pointless possession play most of the game, couldn't cope with set pieces, conceded to the first decent counter they put together. They were poor all game with Trossard, Partey etc giving it away.

Both teams were bad. We just out bottled them in the key moments. That's not playing well and its not down to 'emotions'. Stale possession isn't playing good football, we were facing a 3-0 defeat AT HOME until they shot themselves in the fucking foot.

Ok

Football's all about moments, in general we played okay but we switch off at 2 corners and bang 2 goals.

it's 3-0 after 38 mins, that's not acceptable.

we also don't really create enough chances, we're too slow and ponderous in our decision and we give opp too much time to get men back in behind the ball in two walls of 4 and push us back. it's infuriating.

But we were the better side apparently.......

:dembelelol:
They weren't impressive by any stretch, but we were woeful, no clue on the ball, no clue off it, no clue in defence, no clue up top...

This side is less than the sum of it's parts and I'm sorry but that can only come down to coaching.

Having a philosophy sounds great, but refusing to admit it doesn't work is arrogant and stupid.

If Ange won't work on it and the excuse people are coming out with now is he needs more/better players in the TW then how is he any better than Conte or Mourinho??

If what we're seeing on the pitch is what he's coaching them then he's at fault, if it's not what he's coaching them then it's his fault for allowing it. We've been seeing the same shit for months now. We were better when we had the injuries.

They definitely didn't deserve to be 3-0 up, but when you can't handle set pieces you're going to concede set piece goals to the side who are the best at scoring set pieces .. it wasn't some outlier, this was always likely to happen.

Neither team played well. Our goalkeeper can't handle physicality in the box and our forwards are about as menacing as your average kitten. They setup to punish us in certain areas and did so, so nothing to be particularly optimistic about.
I thought Kulu had a good game today.

Pride restored. In the end and despite how controlled and well they played first half, with a striket and a top quality midfielder, we would have pushed them

They are better than us but the gap can be closed with the right signings.

Come on City. On to Chelsea.
Fuck off with pride restored

There is zero pride to be taken from that match

Fuck my.life

Back
Top Bottom