Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems strange that almost everyone agrees that the EPL is a massive step up from the SPL, yet there are some not willing to give the manager time to adjust to that.
He'd have been more suited to a smaller club to prove he can cut it and gain experience in the league then.
Someone the likes of Wolves, West Ham or Bournemouth would have been a better fit, then we're not fucking around with some kind of experiment if he proves his worth with one of them first.

Last edited:
With 2 games ahead of Newcastle and Utd, I don't know who's being disingenuous here.

So, well in the top 4 fight still, lol?

We only collapsed down the table last season when Conte left. We were terrible to watch before that and the atmosphere was terrible, but we were in the top 4 fight. If we finish 5th this season it will objectively not be some big upgrade over where we were at when Conte got sacked.

The progress under Ange has been more in improving the atmosphere around the club and stylistically than any hugely meaningful progress in where we are as a club relative to rivals. We are fifth and out of all cups early. That's very Spurs.

And move on to ENIC manager numbed 17 or whatever it is. Start another rebuild, and accuse our fanbase of lacking patience

:sonlol:
Conte, and possibly Mourinho, could have delivered success, if they had wanted it, and Levy had consistently supported them. The other managers are not clearly elite coaches tbf. Re Ange, two years is surely enough to assess whether things have improved and are heading in the right direction?

He'd have been more suited to a smaller club to prove he can cut it and gain experience in the league then.
Someone the likes of Wolves, West Ham or Bournemouth would have been a better fit then we're not fucking around with some kind of experiment if he proves his worth.

The guy is fifth in his first season with all the pre-season Kane saga. Only Son Porro and Bissouma started this week from the team in the last game of 2023.

Where do you expect another manage would have the club sitting right now. Fourth? Top three?

Yes we've hung about the top four/five all season so far, I'm not complaining about our overall points tally. I don't think we've been playing well since November though. I'm not unhappy with Anges first season but we're not playing as well as we were when we beat Liverpool and drew with the Gooners etc.... But I do maintain my point that if we played all season like we did in the first 10 matches up until the defeat to Chelsea, there wouldn't be talk of a rebuild other than getting a new striker to replace Richalison.

The only thing that has changed is our form and Perisic left, Werner came in.
I think the problem is we do not take risks even in November we were taking risks look at the West Ham and Villa home game we created lots of chances only 62% posession and 8 shots on target and the West Ham home game 7 shots on target. I think the game which caused the actual collapse of the way we played was the Brighton Game. Also was start of the second mini spell without Romero. I think that was the game where we moved to a much more conservative way of playing

Its the manner of the defeats that is the issue. 4 nil and 3 nil in our last 2 away games. Home defeats by wolves. Last minute goal at Everton.

Weve not played well consistently for months and look to have been found out.

When watching the early season games we looked like a solid outfit. Now we look vulnerable.

This is on Ange.

So, well in the top 4 fight still, lol?

We only collapsed down the table last season when Conte left. We were terrible to watch before that and the atmosphere was terrible, but we were in the top 4 fight. If we finish 5th this season it will objectively not be some big upgrade over where we were at when Conte got sacked.

The progress under Ange has been more in improving the atmosphere around the club and stylistically than any hugely meaningful progress in where we are as a club relative to rivals. We are fifth and out of all cups early. That's very Spurs.

We're actually a lot closer to the top this season, 3/4 wins off whilst Conte was about 7/8, tells you that the league is probably a bit more competitive this season

We actually collapsed when Bentancur went down, it was during the 4-1 defeat to Leicester which Conte was still in charge of, the xg rolling chart said that was always going to happen though as our performances were not sustainable and it showed.

5th at the moment and admittedly not playing great, I'd still take this season as a positive though.

Last edited:
And move on to ENIC manager numbed 17 or whatever it is. Start another rebuild, and accuse our fanbase of lacking patience

:sonlol:
Well all these managers sacked and constantly rebuiding is an issue. it's gptta be bad management from above, it's as if we wasted money on signings for Conte because they're no good and we need a rebuild.

Have we really had 17 rebuilds with ENIC or do the players manage to adjust their play to suit the new managers tactics? Sarr Romero, Porro, and Udogie seemed to be doing ok and they were bought under a previous manager.

We should haver gotten a CF to repalce Kane, that's the only issue until Perisic got injured/loaned out. Now we've got Werner missing the goal with about every chance he gets. I'd say we need to sign one or two new players and if Ange can't work with that then it's no good.

We play high risk football, players get exposed, and some posters on here think it's because of a rebuild that we're partly through.

I wonder why we can't defend corners well, to me it's down to the coaching staff. Same goes for scoring from them, is Ryan Mason really our attacking coach?

Next, when was the last time we had a player come through our youth system into the main team?

Exactly. Now answer the second part

You know the answer to that though, you ask the same question when we have a perceived bad moment and you go through your usual diatribe of moving the conversation onto the board, so boring.

You seemingly think/know it will fail under Ange so one wonders why you put yourself through this every year, if you know it will inevitably fail every season then why do you even bother, fans are meant to have hope haven't they?

And there's absolutely no guarantee that if you replaced ENIC with other owners we'd suddenly start winning, that's not how it works so you're just gonna have to suck it up and accept that's who we are mate.

You seemingly think/know it will fail under Ange so one wonders why you put yourself through this every year, if you know it will inevitably fail every season then why do you even bother, fans are meant to have hope haven't they?
There's a difference between having hope and making excuses for poor form. You're kidding yourselves about this present rebuild. We're not going to flog a load of players that we've recently bought.

More likely to sack the manager.

Back
Top Bottom