Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange Postecoglou on wasting the chance to move into the top 4:

“You can level any accusation you want. I get it and I'm happy for people to run that sort of commentary because it's meaningless to me. I don't see fourth as the prize. This club has finished fourth before. It's finished second before. You can throw all types of things at it, it's reached the Champions League final, you can throw all sorts of things but this club has achieved things. So fourth is not my end goal.I don't want to finish fourth if we haven't grown as a team and developed as a team. If nobody believes me then that's fine.

Part of the narrative is to push you in these kind of positions where you think that fourth is some kind of achievement that gives you something for next year. It doesn't give you anything unless...fourth would be great if I feel like we're growing as a team and we're creating something that is going to bring us success next year.But fourth is not our goal. It hasn't been. It's not my goal. It certainly isn't my goal but I get it from the outside, particularly in the Premier League, it seems like people push you into that position where you succeed or fail just on an outcome. I just don't think that's how you get success. Success is built on, I think, more tangible stuff. If we finish fifth and if I think we've got a team to challenge next year then I won't be disappointed.”
English translation not available? I can’t make head nor tail of that.

Ange Postecoglou on wasting the chance to move into the top 4:

“You can level any accusation you want. I get it and I'm happy for people to run that sort of commentary because it's meaningless to me. I don't see fourth as the prize. This club has finished fourth before. It's finished second before. You can throw all types of things at it, it's reached the Champions League final, you can throw all sorts of things but this club has achieved things. So fourth is not my end goal.I don't want to finish fourth if we haven't grown as a team and developed as a team. If nobody believes me then that's fine.

Part of the narrative is to push you in these kind of positions where you think that fourth is some kind of achievement that gives you something for next year. It doesn't give you anything unless...fourth would be great if I feel like we're growing as a team and we're creating something that is going to bring us success next year.But fourth is not our goal. It hasn't been. It's not my goal. It certainly isn't my goal but I get it from the outside, particularly in the Premier League, it seems like people push you into that position where you succeed or fail just on an outcome. I just don't think that's how you get success. Success is built on, I think, more tangible stuff. If we finish fifth and if I think we've got a team to challenge next year then I won't be disappointed.”
He is clearly angry about a limp performance, but club won't challenge next year other than, the usual top six place.

Why. Because he spoke some home truths that sting your sensitive butt? Bwah Bwah fucking Bwah 😭 😭 😭

The 'prick' also performed a fucking miracle and dragged our team into the fucking champions league at the expense of our hated rivals only to see zero ambition in the subsequent transfer window and look at how the tables have turned since....you pathetic, squirming apologist for failure
A miracle! WE'RE FUCKING TOTTENHAM. Finishing 4th is NEVER a MIRACLE!

state of it

Don't insult our great club.

I’m done with this levy in/out bollocks.
We are just never fucking consistent enough over a season.
We could have King Charles putting all his wonga on us and we’d still find a way to fuck it up royally.
I’m off to bed because I fuckimg hate this club tonight.
But I will be back & having a hard on about our next game.
Fucking club.

Why. Because he spoke some home truths that sting your sensitive butt? Bwah Bwah fucking Bwah 😭 😭 😭

The 'prick' also performed a fucking miracle and dragged our team into the fucking champions league at the expense of our hated rivals only to see zero ambition in the subsequent transfer window and look at how the tables have turned since....you pathetic, squirming apologist for failure
also that's the third post I've seen now with you dishing out personal abuse.

very sad to see. You always claimed to be above that.

how the mask slips

Ange is a self-admittedly football ‘purist’ believing in skills, holding the ball and creation of chances. Similar to other major football ‘philosophers’ in the management game, the key attribute is to control the ball and so dominate the direction by limiting possession for the opposition.

The general basis of Angeball revolves around an adoption of the Italian pressing game which had long become common across many top clubs in Europe albeit adapted and evolved. Generally requires the lines to move with each other and leave minimal gaps between the lines. Add in short passing and movement to stretch the opposition. Often seen as Dutch influenced but really a synthesis of styles.

The above is extracted from a Celtic fans forum. How is Ange-Ball any different from the Barca of more than a decade ago, Liverpool, City or Woolwich of today. Easy they had or have better players and a Plan B.
Oh right so the inverted fullbacks pushing Into midfield and leaving space behind thing must be my imagination then...

Must have just been a coincidence that our fullbacks were about 20 yards out of position on their goal..

also that's the third post I've seen now with you dishing out personal abuse.

very sad to see. You always claimed to be above that.

how the mask slips
He's just a bit giddy because we lost..he's always excitable when we lose? When we win,by sheer coincidence, he's very busy.

finished 8th
yeh i saw
When did Klopp first join Liverpool?
17 October 2015

second season was champions league
im not saying ange is the messia
but just saying we need time (today was shit yes)
pep i feel is still a shit manager (dident win champions league with bayern)
and only won the champions league after spending like 1 billion on players

yeh i saw
When did Klopp first join Liverpool?
17 October 2015

second season was champions league
im not saying ange is the messia
but just saying we need time (today was shit yes)
pep i feel is still a shit manager (dident win champions league with bayern)
and only won the champions league after spending like 1 billion on players
You are missing the point though, When Klopp came in that first season they finished 8th but you could already see the Klopp DNA on the club.
He would not have accepted a performance like our players gave tonight, we were pulling out of tackles and jogging around. I'm sure he would have called that out.

Back
Top Bottom