Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don't go out and get the forwards we need to make Ange's system work then it's just not going to work.

We have a high press and a high defensive line. We are always going to be vulnerable on the counter. That will ALWAYS be a feature of Ange's football in the Premier League. In this system, you need to have forwards who are good enough to create and score chances consistently against defensively resilient sides. We don't have that.

Johnson, Kulusevski and Werner just aren't good enough. End of story. They might be one day but the reality is that they're not right now and they're starting games for us.

Two new starting wingers along with a new starting centre forward needed. Anything less and it's not enough.

I just don't see Levy giving Postecoglou what he needs to make his system work. And if that happens, paired with ENIC's decision to increase season ticket prices and shit over our pensioners, I'm done with football. I will not be watching us next season if Levy does what I think we all know he's going to do.

If we don't go out and get the forwards we need to make Ange's system work then it's just not going to work.

We have a high press and a high defensive line. We are always going to be vulnerable on the counter. That will ALWAYS be a feature of Ange's football in the Premier League. In this system, you need to have forwards who are good enough to create and score chances consistently against defensively resilient sides. We don't have that.

Johnson, Kulusevski and Werner just aren't good enough. End of story. They might be one day but the reality is that they're not right now and they're starting games for us.

Two new starting wingers along with a new starting centre forward needed. Anything less and it's not enough.

I just don't see Levy giving Postecoglou what he needs to make his system work. And if that happens, paired with ENIC's decision to increase season ticket prices and shit over our pensioners, I'm done with football. I will not be watching us next season if Levy does what I think we all know he's going to do.
You know where Enic are taking us, and it's not to the heights of sporting success.

I don't know why anyone would take so literally what he will say after a loss. He may have harsher words, but not like he will lose a temper or what to show his displeasure. He's far more refine than that. But you can bet the harsher truths will be spoken behind doors to everyone in the team.
Obviously. Some here seem to be expecting he'll come out to Sky and start calling out players useless cunts and kick a water bottle or blow his top off like Conte has. I do not want to see that again for amusement of our rivals fans.
What else is to say more than he did. He was visibly annoyed and disappointed, we will deal with that performance behind closed doors.

A big concern for me is are we in another situation where we have a manager who has one plan and when that doesn't go we'll we are goosed .We are unlikely to build a squad under Levy that will have the right quality throughout the squad to get away with a one plan manager .Easier said than done I know but we have to have more flexibility with how we play with most likely a mixed bunch of players .

Haven’t we won more games than anyone in the second half after Ange adjustments?

Sat on his hands a bit too long today.... Expected a response at HT (as whilst not great; we were at least creating chances); but out walked 10 empty shirts instead.

Had my concerns about too much space/too many men being left for Dragusin to cover from cross-field passes from very early on.... Didn't actually bite us for their goals; but led to many missed chances.

Bad day at the Bar-B, mate.

Today was shit and 2024 has been poor overall but are there really people thinking of moving him on? Madness. I dont like the whole cult of Ange thing, i think he needs to really do something with us to warrant that but changing again would be insane. Overall its been fairly positive to date. Poch lost 3-0 to Stoke and at home to Stoke and WBA in his first season

Add in you'll have Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, probably Man Utd and Chelsea and maybe Real Madrid all looking for managers so we'll hardly be top pick and lest we forget the length and hilarity of the last 2 or 3 managerial chases.

I am concerned about his use of subs and obsession with Kulusevski on the right wing.

But I’m far from turning on him. Unless he keeps picking LoCelslow because that might tip me over the edge.

Sat on his hands a bit too long today.... Expected a response at HT (as whilst not great; we were at least creating chances); but out walked 10 empty shirts instead.
Absolutely. Could have made changes at HT and certainly should have after their second.
Had my concerns about too much space/too many men being left for Dragusin to cover from cross-field passes from very early on...
Seemed to think that Dragusin has the same recovery speed as Mickey. No adjustment in tactics.
He doesn’t.
As a result, he made Dragusin look worse than he was. Massive gaps in the LCB/LB channel all game.

Haven’t we won more games than anyone in the second half after Ange adjustments?
Your point being Ange does not know how to start a game ? I know it’s not as cut and dried as that and their are two coaches in every game 👍

I liked Ange, but his football is a bit too play ground for this level for comfort.

Your point being Ange does not know how to start a game ? I know it’s not as cut and dried as that and their are two coaches in every game 👍

I liked Ange, but his football is a bit too play ground for this level for comfort.
What?

Hacking Johnny Lee Miller GIF by MGM Studios

I don’t think a single poster has suggested he should be sacked. They’d be pretty silly to do so tbh.

But I’m glad some of the cult stuff is wearing off, because that was getting scary.

At what point did the cult stuff start for Klopp at Lolerpool?

Serious question, I'd be curious to know if he personality meant he always had it, or he only got it after they started winning in his 3rd season.

At what point did the cult stuff start for Klopp at Lolerpool?

Serious question, I'd be curious to know if he personality meant he always had it, or he only got it after they started winning in his 3rd season.

I remember them being absolutely pumped to get him but I don’t think there was cult worship straight away.

But Klopp was probably the hottest manager in world football after Pep as well. He was the guy pretty much everyone wanted at that point.

Sounds a bit like when we wouldn’t go out to buy the defenders conte wanted to make his system work…

Even Conte was like “uh .. I don’t feel I’ve earned all this adulation yet” and he was right.
Conte arrived as a managerial superstar that many here couldn't believe we've landed. He was regarded one of world's top 5 coaches maybe at a time? Didn't live up to the hype but that's why he kept saying he is 'no magician', we 'need to improve the level' and all that stuff about not worthy the adulation

Today was shit and 2024 has been poor overall but are there really people thinking of moving him on? Madness. I dont like the whole cult of Ange thing, i think he needs to really do something with us to warrant that but changing again would be insane. Overall its been fairly positive to date. Poch lost 3-0 to Stoke and at home to Stoke and WBA in his first season

Add in you'll have Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, probably Man Utd and Chelsea and maybe Real Madrid all looking for managers so we'll hardly be top pick and lest we forget the length and hilarity of the last 2 or 3 managerial chases.

This is ange's first season managing in the big leagues. This is a learning curve for him also. Hopefully next season he will be even better.

Back
Top Bottom