Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, did you actually expect the Villa defenders to miraculously part like Moses with the red sea! How dare their defenders try to stop an attack!!....the fact is Kulu still got it through to Sarr somehow! Fml.....we know he's no Usain Bolt, but this calling out our own players particularly after spanking a team above us away in the table is ludicrous....😂
I'll take Ange's opinion on him, who plays him nearly every game, than yours thanks..

:nunothumb:
That's not what happened is it, you're making it into something else.
There was a a space to play it through but he hit the villa player with it. That hit forced the ball wider than where Sarr was who then had to adjust his run to such an extent he nearly fell over.
But people are saying Kulu was key to that goal. Sarr was key to that goal by recovering a bad pass and making something from it.
Put the boots on another player, the haters on here wouldn't be so quick to praise Johnson if he had a wonky pass hit a defender like that.

It's interesting how he has become "key" in the goals.
The first was an out of character quick pass, which actually hit a Villa player and was salvaged by Sarr who had to run further and faster to get it.
The 2nd was a toe poke take from behind. It definitely triggered the move, but that's a basic thing for a footballer to do and could have been anyone on the pitch doing that.
The 3rd was the first time in forever that he's actually played a useful ball across the box with his right foot. I don't care if he can't pump 30 yard Beckham esq crosses, but I do want him to stop taking 5 touches around the outside of the box them screwing the move up on his left.

The key here and I think it's why people are frustrated, is that he is good enough to do all this. And if he did, we'd have some player on our hands. I don't even care that he'd probably get beaten in race by Ange, he could negate his lack of overall pace by just thinking a bit quicker.

WALOB

I love Kulu

He's got the attitude that managers dream of

He loves the club

He has an abundance of traits/qualities you'd want in a player

He's just 23

The problem is, he doesn't really have a natural position in the Premier League

He's predictable and lacks pace to play RW

It's on Ange to find a right place for him because he's obviously got enough skill/quality to play a part in a top 4 PL squad

Funny how Baily is the one getting preferential hype in the "Kulu is shit" debate now.....

First it was the signing of Diaby who was straight away tagged as "ambitious intent"; yet is now struggling for starts, hasn't completed 90 mins since November, has just 1 EPL goal since October and is looking a bit fat (looks like he's put on a stone or more since the start of the season!):

licensed-image

Now, Baily is the barometer; despite being shit for his first season and a half.

Funny how Baily is the one getting preferential hype in the "Kulu is shit" debate now.....

First it was the signing of Diaby who was straight away tagged as "ambitious intent"; yet is now struggling for starts, hasn't completed 90 mins since November, has just 1 EPL goal since October and is looking a bit fat (looks like he's put on a stone or more since the start of the season!):

licensed-image

Now, Baily is the barometer; despite being shit for his first season and a half.
That photo is either not showing him in the correct way or that’s more than a stone from earlier in the season. He looks like he’s got a loan of Ndombele’s diet sheet

I love Kulu

He's got the attitude that managers dream of

He loves the club

He has an abundance of traits/qualities you'd want in a player

He's just 23
Agree with all of that!

The problem is, he doesn't really have a natural position in the Premier League

He's predictable and lacks pace to play RW

It's on Ange to find a right place for him because he's obviously got enough skill/quality to play a part in a top 4 PL squad
Surely, as SUCH a left footed player, the LW would suit him better?? Or am I missing something?
This whole 'cutting in from the right' thing has been found out to an extent, although he did come in very handy there last weekend, I reckon he can alternate mid-game with Johnson/Werner to really mix it up a bit.

Or is that naive to think?

Agree with all of that!

Surely, as SUCH a left footed player, the LW would suit him better?? Or am I missing something?
This whole 'cutting in from the right' thing has been found out to an extent, although he did come in very handy there last weekend, I reckon he can alternate mid-game with Johnson/Werner to really mix it up a bit.

Or is that naive to think?
I don't get why we don't play him on the left

It's very strange

Does anyone know why we haven't tried it?

It's very strange

Because he's not really quick enough to beat a man 1 v 1 and has no right foot to be able to cut in successfully?

Effectively making him the easiest player in the team to play against.

It's very strange

If you have to stop him cutting in to his more dangerous left foot, then your body shape basically gives him his right foot so he doesn't need pace to beat you to his right. On the left you just take away his left foot and when he's cutting into his right he's not as dangerous.

What he does need to do is tweak the balance towards going right from the LW a bit more because his right foot is massively underrated and the more he does it and hurts teams,the more space he will have to cut in onto his left.

licensed-image

A Richard Arlison Richard Arlison fave if i remember correctly him and Orban. 7 goals between then this season in a combined 52 appearances.

both could still could come good I guess but not really shown to be ones we missed out on as of yet.

A Richard Arlison Richard Arlison fave if i remember correctly him and Orban. 7 goals between then this season in a combined 52 appearances.

both could still could come good I guess but not really shown to be ones we missed out on as of yet.

Diaby? me? nah, I have a bet running with Deuterz Deuterz that Deki finishes the season with more goals and assists.

I'm wining that bet no doubt.

Orban I have never seen play once but I do rate the story and consciously went all in blind on the rumour.

Back
Top Bottom