England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Erm White just about scrapes in to the squad, there are far more talented players than him in the team. All the most talented ones seem to be fine with it.

He’s the only player to have anything like this happen. Seems to me that it’s more a Ben White problem than anything else.
'Scrapes in' have you seen him play this season or last? In terms of his technical level and versatility he's only behind John Stones from the current England players and he'd be an excellent asset to have in the squad.

People need to get the fuck over Henderson making the squad. It’s fine. We have an exceedingly young team and a few experienced heads who have won stuff/captained big teams makes complete sense. Having him in there instead of a 4th choice creative midfielder is absolutely fine.

The problem comes if he starts games, but being in the team is fine. We don’t have a long list of quality centre mids where someone who would otherwise start is missing out.

'Scrapes in' have you seen him play this season or last? In terms of his technical level and versatility he's only behind John Stones from the current England players and he'd be an excellent asset to have in the squad.

Have you? He's been playing RB all season (and the vast majority of last).......

Yes. He’s a good right back and a decent centre back. He’s versatile and would make the team but he’s absolutely not a huge loss. At CB I’d prefer Tomori or Branthwaite and at RB we have a few better players.

He would be useful but he’s far from worth crying over. If he doesn’t want to be part of a fantastic England squad that’s his choice. He’s not worth moving heaven and earth for at all.

People need to get the fuck over Henderson making the squad. It’s fine. We have an exceedingly young team and a few experienced heads who have won stuff/captained big teams makes complete sense. Having him in there instead of a 4th choice creative midfielder is absolutely fine.

The problem comes if he starts games, but being in the team is fine. We don’t have a long list of quality centre mids where someone who would otherwise start is missing out.

That's the problem, you know he's going to start games otherwise why else would he be picked?

That's the problem, you know he's going to start games otherwise why else would he be picked?

Loads of national sides have an old head or two in there or even just someone who is good for the dressing room. France kept picking Sissoko just for that.

I don’t think he starts. If he does then the complaints will be completely valid. I think he’s there to come in very late in games to offer a calm voice, and for dressing room presence.

He’s played in multiple England tournaments and numerous CL finals. We need guys like that in the team who understand these occasions.

Have you? He's been playing RB all season (and the vast majority of last).......

And?

He can play across the backline and is very comfortable with the ball at his feet allowing the team to play in a much more progressive manner if Southgate ever wanted to, a much better option then having to select the likes of Maguire and Dunk.

Loads of national sides have an old head or two in there or even just someone who is good for the dressing room. France kept picking Sissoko just for that.

I don’t think he starts. If he does then the complaints will be completely valid. I think he’s there to come in very late in games to offer a calm voice, and for dressing room presence.

He’s played in multiple England tournaments and numerous CL finals. We need guys like that in the team who understand these occasions.

He literally played every game of the World Cup, he's Southgate's right hand man so he will start

Wouldn't have a problem if we were winning but we don't win, pointless playing him and having him as a leader if he can't lead us to anything.

He literally played every game of the World Cup, he's Southgate's right hand man so he will start

Wouldn't have a problem if we were winning but we don't win, pointless playing him and having him as a leader if he can't lead us to anything.

He was still a Liverpool captain when starting every World Cup game, no? Situation has changed somewhat.

Gary looks weak as fuck.

What does that say for White then!?!?

Rumours were that he fell out with Southgate and Holland at the World Cup because he refused to do extra analysis training that every other player had to do and so he walked out.

Sounds like a typical scum player. You only need to look at him to see he loves himself. I wouldnt piss on him if he were on fire.

I'd question why Rashford is there more than Henderson. I wouldnt have either but Southgate has his favourites.

We're loaded with RBs.

He's a fairly sketchy CB.

He can play across the backline and is very comfortable with the ball at his feet allowing the team to play in a much more progressive manner if Southgate ever wanted to, a much better option then having to select the likes of Maguire and Dunk.

Re: Gary... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Dunk's decent enough.

What does that say for White then!?!?

Rumours were that he fell out with Southgate and Holland at the World Cup because he refused to do extra analysis training that every other player had to do and so he walked out.

Sounds like a typical scum player. You only need to look at him to see he loves himself. I wouldnt piss on him if he were on fire.

I'm not defending BW in the slightest..... Couldn't give a shit about him tbh... We can do without.

I'm only concerned with how England are managed.

Yeah and since then he's become a worse player and England have better options.

We have better creative mids and wide forwards but in terms of central midfielders with a realistic chance to get minutes who is there? Mainoo? He’s a kid. Nobody is throwing him in to a Euros without bedding him in to the squad at all. He’s for after the tournament and that is sensible.

Henderson captained a huge side to trophies. He’s got leadership. It makes sense for him to be in there instead of say Eze who would maybe get five minutes here or there.

If he starts we can all moan together but him being part of the squad is logical. International managers like a bit of continuity for a reason.

I'd question why Rashford is there more than Henderson. I wouldnt have either but Southgate has his favourites.

Rashford is clinging on because we have an abundance of RW’s and very few left sided players. It’s him, Grealish and Gordon and one of those has been injured all season. The other is young and not bedded in to the NT.

We have better creative mids and wide forwards but in terms of central midfielders with a realistic chance to get minutes who is there? Mainoo? He’s a kid. Nobody is throwing him in to a Euros without bedding him in to the squad at all. He’s for after the tournament and that is sensible.

Henderson captained a huge side to trophies. He’s got leadership. It makes sense for him to be in there instead of say Eze who would maybe get five minutes here or there.

If he starts we can all moan together but him being part of the squad is logical. International managers like a bit of continuity for a reason.

Alright cool no worries, I'm gonna bookmark this conversation for when he plays in the Euros then.

Yeah and since then he's become a worse player and England have better options.

I can't recall exactly when it started; but by the time of Euro 21, Henderson had largely been phased out and was just a squad afterthought. Gary seemed to fall back in love with him for all his shouting during the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom