England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's now jazzing this up to make out that, up until the last 2 games, everything has been sweet and smooth...... (Another classic Gary move!)

Yet:

- We were shit for about an hour of the last Italy game.
- We were poor against Ukraine.
- We struggled to create for large parts of the Scotland game.
- We were shit against Australia.
- The missed Kane pen v France masks the fact that Gary made a complete mess of the team with his subs (like he has in every clutch game)
- We were awful and relegated in the Nations League.

The international cycle annoys me in as much that the standard line of "It's how you fair in tournaments that counts; nothing else matters" is constantly spun yet cup football is about moments; moments that can form excuses that evade deeper issues that underpin failures.... Equally moments that can form false reputations and keep managers and players in the mix.

The players may like him; but Southgate is our weakest link and he'll never win us a tournament by turn of his own hand.
Any genuine England fan can see that we were bloody lucky with the draw at the 2018 World Cup and lost every time we came up against anyone vaguely competent.

Lost to Belgium twice and lost to Croatia.

And again at the Home Euros, we did the same thing. People argue 'but but we beat Germany'

Yeah.... And so did everyone else that played them that year.....Germany scraped through the group stages.

Then we lost to Italy on pens, when we should have really gone for it with a good team and a roaring 90000 home Wembley crowd, but Southgate's shite negative tactics meant we were served up pretty much a carbon copy of the Champions League final - just utter dross.

He hasn't excelled, he's done the bare minimum given the circumstances and the incredibly good fortune he's had.

And lest we forget the diabolical Nations League relegation and our last exit to France.

He may be a nice man, but we're going to win jack with him in charge.

Jude off injured after 57mins today....

Hope it's nothing serious.... Euros are creeping closer.

The squad is sexy as fuck. It gives me a proper English hard-on.

I’m hoping we’ve reached critical stage where even Southgate can’t justify starting Phillips or Henderson.

FFS; you just know Gomez is in so he can play a CB at LB again and carry on with his bullshit, smoke and mirrors "I pick more attackers than I used to, honest" pseudo-Pep system.
Chilwell gets injured not sure he'll have much choice. Tripps starting to pick up injury

FFS; you just know Gomez is in so he can play a CB at LB again and carry on with his bullshit, smoke and mirrors "I pick more attackers than I used to, honest" pseudo-Pep system.

What a little bitch White is. Should be black listed from ever having an international career from now on.

You don’t take call-ups to play for your NT on YOUR terms, it’s meant to be the biggest honour of your career.

You especially don’t when you’re Ben White.

What a little bitch White is. Should be black listed from ever having an international career from now on.

You don’t take call-ups to play for your NT on YOUR terms, it’s meant to be the biggest honour of your career.

You especially don’t when you’re Ben White.

Especially as it suggested he didn’t speak to Southgate personally. Like a coward he got others to do it.

In regards to White it's clear they did something to rub him the wrong way and he's absolutely not having any of it now. It's a shame because he'd be a superb option but could a manager as limited as Southgate even get the best out of him? He'd end up on the bench as is often the case with talented players in Southgate England squads.

Just spotted Jordan Henderson in the squad, no wonder you get players who've got no interest in wanting to play for England when that bone head continues to get picked despite having spent most the past season playing for El Itifaq Shawarma.

In regards to White it's clear they did something to rub him the wrong way and he's absolutely not having any of it now. It's a shame because he'd be a superb option but could a manager as limited as Southgate even get the best out of him? He'd end up on the bench as is often the case with talented players in Southgate England squads.

Erm White just about scrapes in to the squad, there are far more talented players than him in the team. All the most talented ones seem to be fine with it.

He’s the only player to have anything like this happen. Seems to me that it’s more a Ben White problem than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom