Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's very common here and it isn't double barrelled in the way that you understand it. Every Spanish citizen has two surnames, it's the law. The first is your dad's (1st) surname, the second is your mum's (1st) surname. Nobody changes their surname on marriage.

When I became a Spanish national, I had to "acquire" a second surname. For reasons I won't go into here, I didn't want to take my mum's maiden name so I simply repeated my existing name on the basis that that was her surname when I was born. So I joined my mother-in-law in the "So Good They Named Us Twice" club.
Is it discretionary for males to use the 2nd surname? I ask because in a previous life I dealt with a lot of Spanish female health professionals, who I think all (or most) took the maternal name as a suffix. However, I don't remember the males doing the same.

We don't get that many pens because our players don't dribble in the box and commit players enough, would like to see our players do what Garnacho has done in the box.

Both pens. Two experienced players letting their team down. Experienced players are not like back in the day when you knew they’d do their job. To be in a relegation battle and have two experienced players do that tells me they are done.

Is it discretionary for males to use the 2nd surname? I ask because in a previous life I dealt with a lot of Spanish female health professionals, who I think all (or most) took the maternal name as a suffix. However, I don't remember the males doing the same.
The only change you can legally make is to change the order, and that's relatively recent. It came as people protested the unfairness of having to carry the name of a absentee or abusive dad first when all their love went to their mother.

In practice, people frequently only use one surname, sometimes that's for the above reason or because one surname is just more "interesting than the other. The former president of Spain was Jose Rodríguez Zapatero, but is almost always called just Zapatero as Rodríguez is so common.

I mean they're both pens.

Absolutely no question. Both incredibly obvious and stupid. Sunday league stuff.

That's why I said it looked match-fixy. If it was in Italy they would be seriously suspicious. In this case, chances are they were just stupid but fuck me.

Could someone do something stupid for us this this season, please? Everton hit us with the very best shot they had in both games.

Absolutely no question. Both incredibly obvious and stupid. Sunday league stuff.

That's why I said it looked match-fixy. If it was in Italy they would be seriously suspicious. In this case, chances are they were just stupid but fuck me.

Could someone do something stupid for us this this season, please? Everton hit us with the very best shot they had in both games.

Funnily enough, a game against Everton we were denied a blatant penalty on van de Ven.

Back
Top Bottom