Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d question all those figures. Ours seems huge while I thought the scum were meant to be very close to ffp limits. Man Utd’s makes no sense either given they couldn’t spend anything in January. I know it’s for rolling periods but 3 summers ago both clubs were spending huge amounts.

Pretty sure we don't have 640m in cash sat ready to burn.

If we get champion's league then we have enough cash to sew blue patches over the red on the go kart outfits.

swiss-rumble-estimated-ffp-position-for-summer-2024-v0-bxdv9n5f86lc1.png
Animated GIF

would prolly take 100m but we should consider Gyökeres. Bit of a "late" bloomer (25) but man has 29 goals 9 assists in 30 games for Sporting CP. He looks the real deal in the eye test as well. Tenacious, fast, strong holdup play, dribbly, has an eye for a pass and is an elite finisher and good header as well.

would prolly take 100m but we should consider Gyökeres. Bit of a "late" bloomer (25) but man has 29 goals 9 assists in 30 games for Sporting CP. He looks the real deal in the eye test as well. Tenacious, fast, strong holdup play, dribbly, has an eye for a pass and is an elite finisher and good header as well.
Liked what I saw of him last season and looks as if he’s improved a lot this season. People will say he’s only playing in the Portuguese league but the goals don’t move. 29 goals in 30 games is very impressive. He’s flying in a team that’s well above Porto in their league and we saw that they are a decent side against Woolwich.

He’s probably in that price range for a striker that we would pay because I don’t think the club will go and sign a striker on £70 million plus which takes to get a name. He’s also in that cut off point for what age of a player we will go for. We won’t be signing anyone above 25 years old. There’s a clear plan in place now and it’s young players with potential to be top players that we can build for years to come.

would prolly take 100m
If we spent £100m on him it’d be a travesty
but we should consider Gyökeres. Bit of a "late" bloomer (25) but man has 29 goals 9 assists in 30 games for Sporting CP. He looks the real deal in the eye test as well. Tenacious, fast, strong holdup play, dribbly, has an eye for a pass and is an elite finisher and good header as well.
If we spent £30m on him I’m down

Back
Top Bottom