Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So who do we get in next? We've tried other approaches. Hasn't worked. We've pretty much refreshed the squad - with a few incomings due in the summer. And - this is pretty important - we're not doing half badly for a new team under a new manager25 games into a campaign when there are serious threats to the top six from the likes of Villa.

What's the next step? Keep churning through managers?

I advocate we stick with Ange and see this through. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. Such is life. But we cannot keep this endless clown parade of sacking managers then starting from square one every season and a half.
I want us to keep this manager. I want this manager to learn from his mistakes and teach the team to adapt to the situation.
I've heard so many football "philosophies" over the years and they're all dumb. Unless your only goal is to have a style and results aren't the least bit important, you need to be able to change your style to beat the opposition.
Man United didn't play the same football for 27 years. Fergie could adapt his team as football evolved, but he could also change the way the play game to game, even half to half, to get results.

The Manager is King. We follow the King.

ange-postecoglou-celtic.gif

Michael Beale was and is a fraud. You only need to listen to him talk for 2 minutes to realise he is a robot repeating catchphrases he's heard other people say.

I really don’t like this mentality from some of you that if you support Ange, you’re a ‘cult member’. We’ve had enough toxicity and divisiveness in the last 4 years as is

I support the team, but I also back the manager. I’m just not reactionary during a bad spell and am willing to be patient.

Even if there are some on here that are Aussie or Celtic fans and only support or follow Ange, those people have generally been more pleasant than what some of the posters on here have been.

We’re not all going to agree with one another and that’s fine, but there’s no need for some of the nastiness and insults I’ve seen towards other people

Disappointing to lose on Saturday, Wolves seem to be our bogey side at the moment.

We've just won our last 5 matches at home on the bounce and reading some of the comments on this thread honestly make me wonder if some fans actually know how to support a football team anymore. It's either modern fan syndrome living in a want want want world or giving up at the first opportunity.

I'm abit baffled as to what fans expectations for this season are. Beginning of the season most fans just wanted to see a change in the mentality at the club, more positive football, more likeable players and just a general better atmosphere. I feel like we have got that, however looking at the state of some of these comments where fans feel like giving up after one home defeat in however many really makes me wonder where we are at as a club at times.

Ange isn't the only new person in this club, we have pretty much a completely new starting 11. It's not gonna happen in 6 months, anyone that thinks that is only fooling themselves.

We had an unbelievable start to the season, probably the worse thing that could have happened in hindsight because fans just went completely over the top. Now we've come back down to earth fans are already talking about 'Ange out'. It's a bonkers mentality.
Well Done Reaction GIF

I really don’t like this mentality from some of you that if you support Ange, you’re a ‘cult member’. We’ve had enough toxicity and divisiveness in the last 4 years as is

I support the team, but I also back the manager. I’m just not reactionary during a bad spell and am willing to be patient.

Even if there are some on here that are Aussie or Celtic fans and only support or follow Ange, those people have generally been more pleasant than what some of the posters on here have been.

We’re not all going to agree with one another and that’s fine, but there’s no need for some of the nastiness and insults I’ve seen towards other people

There's a difference between Spurs fans who support the manager and people who have never supported Spurs and found their way here because he did.

Hoddle has said today that he has not been convinced by our defence or way of defending since the start of the season. Also on Spursweb a comment about Posto not having encountered this level of opposition coach before.

Reminds me of a car salesman. Talks the talk but can’t back it up
My wife would buy any old shit a salesperson tries to flog regardless as to whether it meets any of the criteria you want.

Went in John Lewis. Asked for a sound bar with
  1. Dolby
  2. Bluetooth
  3. 3+ HDMI
  4. Wifi
  5. Wireless sub

Woman tried to sell us a single soundbar, none of those functions at all and the wife was all over it.
This was after explaining what I wanted, why I wanted it and one's I have seen that I'd like demo'd

Anway.
I reckon she'd employ Michael Beale.

There's a difference between Spurs fans who support the manager and people who have never supported Spurs and found their way here because he did.

I know that, but if they’re not causing any harm and they’re polite, what’s the issue?

Anyone can open an account on here, it’s not a secret club 😂

Anyone who wants Ange out isn't a spurs fan. And there's nothing anyone on here or twatter can say that will change my mind on that.

:dude:

Back
Top Bottom