Tottenham Hotspur Vs Wolverhampton Yam Yam Wanderers. (Sat 17th Feb 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is painfully obvious but Kulu is our main man to do this.............:ange-confused:
Kulu wins some and loses some, he tries a lot during the games and that's just because he's our only player that tries a through ball or a drible. Today he created a goal by his own. I think if he has some support on the left we can improve a lot our chances, Son is infuriating on the left, he just passes the ball backwards most of the time.

We need striker in summer or two. Nice build up. Two week break could do us good as had so many players away on duty in january.
I think rich will always be a 7/8 out of 10 striker. Need someone more like 8/9. Not east to find I know. Hence why building a team around your world class striker made more sense to me. But oh well.

It's been another nothing season in a long line out of nothing seasons.

Out of both cups early, 5th-8th in the league.

Every chance United catch us now and they are fucking shit

I guess we had different expectations for this season. UI thought we'd be 8-12th by Xmas as we bedded in a new system. Instead we had complete buy in and were on fire until the disastrous Chelsea game and injury crisis.
Bentancur has to start ahead of Bissouma, he hasn't had a decent game since Luton months ago

Problem is Bents has his own issues at 6. Bissouma's form and approach is starting to get very concerning though. How he doesn't track Gomes and see that danger for the 2nd goal is just dreadful

The thing is all the teams you mention who are light years ahead of us have had a manager who has been given multiple windows and lots of backing to shape the squad in their eyes!
Ange has not even been here a season
Emery has had just a January window more than Ange. Six months more in total amount of time.

very true. Our passing in attacking play has no sense of danger to it. It's soooo predictable and slow, completely lacking in invention!
Our forward line is not good enough. Richy tries hard but lacks the quality needed long term irrespective of his recent form. Kulusevski is capable of brilliance but doesn’t do it consistently enough and more often than not slows everything down killing our momentum. Son also is not going to get any better. So it really doesn’t matter how solid the defence and midfield are if you cannot rely on your attack to do the business.

We are looking fatigued, the sharpness is gone, players are dwelling on the ball.

For me its not so much about the loss, the home games we lost to west ham and villa for eg still felt like watching the same team from the opening months, now everyone looks like they've lost a yard of pace. We look ok in patches but we've become sloppy.

Physically getting bullied as well, everyones getting bumped off the ball with ease, sometimes its of our own doing by being too slow to release the ball.

There was a certain novelty and fun to our chaotic approach at the start of the season after the boredom of Conte. But it's not so entertaining when we're losing games like this, and just looks so naive.

Neto is a bloody good player, so how has he got so much space to run into for the 2nd goal? We just looked so ragged and all over the place at times, and were lucky it was only 2.

Hopefully we've got enough individual quality to scrape over the line into the top 4 or 5, which would still be a very good season. But we need to sort it out in the summer, otherwise we're going to be on the wrong end of an embarrassing Bayern-like tonking in the UCL next year.

When we are playing a team sitting in like that in the second half why not take Davies and Royal out if it and put in players that can actually play. Put bentancur in for royal and Lo Celso in for Davies. They can pass and move and might just create something. If they score again it doesn’t matter because we are losing anyway. Taking madders of unless he was injured is fucking ludicrous no matter how he’s playing. He might just do something brilliant.

That's just nuts. Bentancur to defend against Neto? We are already very vulnerable at the back given the system...

Cant slag off ange. We lost kane who is a one in a generation striker. Just dont want us to fart arse around in summer getting a striker. We need one. I do think veliz will come good so will be good back up. We pay the penalty though at the back when our press in broken. Would like us to just keep the ball in midfield probing though at times rather than be frenetic in bombing forward.

Back
Top Bottom