Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

injuries considered

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Daws, Vlad, Naughton, Sandro, Paulinho, Holtby, Lennon, Soldado, Lamela"][/formation]

i like this formation with the two CAM's...
wouldnt be disappointed if townsend started for lamela, when he came on v sunderland his delieveries looks promising from the left...
any news on vlad's injury?

this is my ideal lineup...i feel for dembele though...great player but where do u play him..
Come on people, have you that quickly forgotten how influential he was again Man U couple of weeks ago?

It's not a question of where you play him ... You have to play him.

Our current strongest side includes him. I feel a lot of us fans underrate him massively.
Imo especially against the top 6 sides, he definitely deserves a place in the starting lineup.

Last edited:
Gerrard out for Liverpool is BIG news for us!

Honestly, Gerrard has been key for them this season. All the highlights have been going to Suarez, but Gerrard is the one that is doing a lot of the supplying. I think he even has the most assists in the league.

With him, Sturridge, and possibly Henderson out ... I will feel furious if we don't get something out of this fixture.

Come on people, have you that quickly forgot how influential he was again Man U couple of weeks ago?

Our current strongest side includes him. I feel a lot of us fans underrate him massively.
Imo especially against the top 6 sides, he definitely deserves a place in the starting lineup.

For me, Paulinho has played well the past few games (didn't see all of Fulham game, so that partially excluded). But doesn't matter to much to me which plays between the two, but I do want Holtby and Sandro playing.

Come on people, have you that quickly forgot how influential he was again Man U couple of weeks ago?

its a tough one singh, who would you drop? paulinho or sandro?

its a tough one singh, who would you drop? paulinho or sandro?
First of all, we should NEVER question whether to drop Sandro, especially against the top 6. He's an automatic starter. (When not fit, Capoue takes his place in such similar circumstances)

But to answer your question ... it has to be neither ... drop Holtby, despite his good form of late.

I want us to go 433 more often against stronger sides.
There is so much potential in this. When we played that against United, you could see that there were more signs of fluency and swiftness that we lacked for a while - with still keeping the protection and Power. Plus, that MF trio seemed to have a good understanding with each other. Sandro kept things tidy. And Paulo & Dembele were allowed to have turns to play with a bit more freedom. Moreover, Holtby is a much better game changer sub than Dembele.

If it was a weaker side, I'd let Holtby continue. But this Sunday, it has to be --> Sandro, Paulo, and SIDI YAYA.

First of all, we should NEVER question whether to drop Sandro, especially against the top 6. He's an automatic starter. (When not fit, Capoue takes his place in such similar circumstances)

But to answer your question ... it has to be neither ... drop Holtby, despite his good form of late.

I want us to go 433 more often against stronger sides.
There is so much potential in this. When we played that against United, you could see that there were more signs of fluency and swiftness that we lacked for a while - with still keeping the protection and Power. Plus, that MF trio seemed to have a good understanding with each other. Sandro kept things tidy. And Paulo & Dembele were allowed to have turns to play with a bit more freedom. Moreover, Holtby is a much better game changer sub than Dembele.

If it was a weaker side, I'd let Holtby continue. But this Sunday, it has to be --> Sandro, Paulo, and SIDI YAYA.

A lot of that fluency came from a couple things:
1 - any central midfield we put out at this point will be stronger than anything Man U can offer
2 - Man U didn't sit back, which allowed our midfield far more space to maneuver

I think Holtby needs to be maintained, as his through balls will be massively needed against a team that will no doubt hunker down and do what they can delivering the ball to Suarez to allow him to create havoc almost alone (because Lawd knows he can). Without Gerrard, I can't see them coming at us. We're going to need to find creative ways through a stacked box.

Dembele is excellent in an open game, absolutely excellent. But against a stacked box, he usually just hits that wall and looks sideways. And with the likelihood that Capoue will have to step in at CB, we're definitely going to need a sub that can play anywhere in the center. Holtby cannot protect the back line in this league, God love 'im.

I think I would start Capoue and Vlad. Capoue was excellent against Sunderland. Love Daws but Liverpool aren't going to beat you in the air they are going to beat you on the deck. Give me Capoue and Vlad to combat that.

Keep Dawson fresh for Southampton and West Ham. He's been playing a lot anyway, could benefit from a week off.

I think I would start Capoue and Vlad. Capoue was excellent against Sunderland. Love Daws but Liverpool aren't going to beat you in the air they are going to beat you on the deck. Give me Capoue and Vlad to combat that.

Keep Dawson fresh for Southampton and West Ham. He's been playing a lot anyway, could benefit from a week off.
starting a CB pairing that haven't played together yet against the best striker in the league will end well.

i think vlad may be injured..

Back
Top Bottom