Everton - Spurs - Feb 3rd - 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope, still annoyed by yesterday...
Especially after Villa showed us how it SHOULD be done!

Anyway, it's in the past...
Despite the goal glut yesterday, welcome to the annual: "Sky are just gonna talk about ONE match only all day" day!!

You're becoming quite the master at twisting people's words, almost as if you're trying to stir something up...missing cunt offs that bad?🤣

Also feels that, as usual, we aren't allowed to criticise...or, in this case, make suggestions as to why the team is conceding more goals than any other PL side.

The team has shown great character on plenty an occasion, yes...doesn't mean they can't also fail mentally with some other, different situations like conceding late goals.

And please, don't patronise me with that last paragraph. I wasn't born yesterday and I'm not some idiot who can't see the bigger picture.

Anyway, whatever the reason/s behind the issue, we must sort it out asap cause it's costing us big points.

COYS

If you can see the bigger picture and that the team clearly does have character why be so reactive and start jumping on a new team for having character/mentality issues.

The reason we conceded so many goals is clearly related to having 4 FBs playing in our back 4 most of the season?

We do need to fix it but my idea is that having our first choice players back will start to fix that. The 2 goals v Brentford were freak mistakes from a young player, Everton just had a foul and lucky break off Romero’s head.

It happens sometimes, why does it need to be a clear fault in the way they are being coached and weak mentality?

People have different expectations, I was more disappointed with the way we played against ManC than yesterday where I thought we played well.

Others will contend losing to quality opposition is more acceptable than not being able to hold on to a lead against a team in the lower half of the table....I disagree.

We are a work in progress and I reiterate the notion about yesterday's point being a positive rather than a negative even though we should have had all 3. Their equaliser was fortunate and of our own doing it might even have gone straight in without their player touching it.

Overall though we have played 2 games against a tough physical opponent who will continue to give better teams a run for their money and who probably deserved something out of our fixture with them on Dec 23rd.

Last edited:
Caught up on the replay on SpursPlay (when I eventually found it). Thought it was quite a dull game and we just seemed to ‘drift’ through quite a lot of it.

Have to say Vic was at fault for the second (although there was a big element of luck to it).

Some might say he was at fault for the first but he was definitely fouled. They’ll have to look at the rules around this, there’s no reason for opposition players to be touching the goalkeeper (especially with their hands) before the ball even comes into play. Opposition teams will keep doing it though while there is no consequence.

We didn’t really seem to have all that much attacking threat, midfield seemed a bit leggy / tired and Madders obviously working back to full sharpness.

Richie and VdV were the main highlights for us. VDV is playing like prime Jan or Toby.

You're becoming quite the master at twisting people's words, almost as if you're trying to stir something up...missing cunt offs that bad?🤣

Also feels that, as usual, we aren't allowed to criticise...or, in this case, make suggestions as to why the team is conceding more goals than any other PL side.

The team has shown great character on plenty an occasion, yes...doesn't mean they can't also fail mentally with some other, different situations like conceding late goals.

And please, don't patronise me with that last paragraph. I wasn't born yesterday and I'm not some idiot who can't see the bigger picture.

Anyway, whatever the reason/s behind the issue, we must sort it out asap cause it's costing us big points.

COYS
He's asked a couple of questions FFS. No twisting. You've called into question the mentality of the squad and you've been challenged on it quite fairly and politely.

Why is it that you feel you have the 'freedom' to criticise, but no one else has the 'freedom' to challenge that criticism?

The only one I see on here angling towards a cunt off is you. His questions were neutral, your response is aggressive.

Just who is patronising who here?

Because, at this point in time, he's better?
Gil has played in the 1st team with Maddison, Son, Richy and others and has obviously not done enough for Ange to want him. Santiago has not played with the 1st team, put him in with Son, Richy,Maddison and who knows, he could be really good. There is no way of knowing until he gets a chance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom