Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Plenty of shit unexplainable reffing in the CL too.
Doesn’t stand out as much for me but it’s hard sometimes judging due to my personal biases. Might feel better as there are less games to judge. I remember feeling the Frankfurt game was remarkable at the time for how good they felt in comparison so maybe they were just a good team!

To be fair it was two very bad errors from Udogie that gifted them the goals. Don't remember too many other great chances for them.

Those types of errors don't happen often - never mind twice in 1 game!
They had toneys in first half and then at 3-2 the guy hits over the cross bar from inside 6 yard box. Think there may have been a few others. We really need to defend better as we giving away too many chances especially at home.

haha @ johnson and madders mocking him.

It’s a piss take that Maupay thinks he has the right to mock Maddison’s celebration in the first place. Do players see us as easy target and a joke like opposition fans?

We need to fucking stamp down on that. Dier once said he heard people speaking bad of us and they didn’t like it, we need a bit of that.

I said this many weeks ago, we get Screwed over by refs all season, letting opposition players go unpunished, yet we get cards for blinking.
Ange has got to get in the 4th officials face & get vocal like the other whinging managers, who get soooo many decisions in their favour, we are playing 12 men, every match!!

He needs to get one of the coaches to do it. Mason has quite a whiny voice, he’d be perfect to be there irritating the fourth official.

Doesn’t stand out as much for me but it’s hard sometimes judging due to my personal biases. Might feel better as there are less games to judge. I remember feeling the Frankfurt game was remarkable at the time for how good they felt in comparison so maybe they were just a good team!
I think Uefa refs are largely junk. If we reffed like them the English game would change beyond recognition. Same rules but different interpretations in different regions, people are still surprised when a penalty is given for handball in the CL etc.

Some are decent and I imagine they are the ones that are remembered because they stand out.

Doesn't take away from the really weak performance by the ref last night

Shouldnr get wound up over a crap striker. Boring name as welll...neil maupay. He nearly missed that goal as well as was a fluke. Bollox to him. We won and thats all that matters.

I'm a way I gotta rate the absolute shamelessness of it, he's shite but he doesn't half get under people's skin, actually perfect for Brentford.

...so,now the dust has settled, what did we all think of the Pre-match light show...?
Alright, it kinda worked, and looked good, but I don't think it has any place at a football match...
Trying to generate an atmosphere like that (when the mood around the ground pre-match was pretty muted anyway) seems like they STILL don't know how to generate a FOOTBALL atmosphere at a FOOTBALL match...
Luckily, Brentford's PLAYERS got it, and did us a favour by spending the first 45 minutes getting the Spurs fans to generate the atmosphere for ourselves... 'cos by half time, I was BAYING FOR BLOOD!!

Luckily, in the 2bd half, we got it!

But for most of last night, I couldn't work out if I was at a Lady GaGa gig or the darts!

Back
Top Bottom