Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't disagree with you. As a club they have been ahead of us for my entire life.

in the 2010's I think we were ahead of them as a team and didn't capitalize. That's different.

Same as you, I'm hoping Ange looks at the team he's building and sees that it can overtake Liverpool's team because without Klopp, that team isn't miles ahead at all.

But he is walking out and he's leaving VVD, Salah and TAA with 12 months left on their deals, Salah and VVD both over the hill.

They are in the middle of the rebuild and haven't done the painful part yet. History says that UTD and woolwich took a good while to find their manager after Fergie and wenger
Wouldn't surprise me if TAA signed a new deal, being a local lad. VVD, Alisson and Salah will all be on their way out though.

I'd wager Pep will leave after another year too. The two best club coaches currently in world football leaving. We should have a more open competition over the next 5 years, than it's been over the last 5.

Has to be the most apt username on this forum.

Has anyone ever met a Maureen that isn't a massive, nagging, busy body?
lol!
Come on it’s a piss take name for when he had Maureen when really did have something to moan about. I recall so many of that twats fan bois who would never hear a bad word against him. Wonder where they are now? Same with the conte fan bois.
Of course we are much better now and there is room for improvement. However people since time began have always expressed an opinion on player x y z that may not be to others likings. I call it on the eye test. For example if I don’t see us create many chances and let the oppo have lots like v bmouth, Brighton, Everton I will call it out. If we are not creating chances ourselves then we ought to be defending better. Same with some players I really can’t believe we have some here who think our forwards are good enough. Apart from Son do think any of our rivals would take any of the rest. That is almost fact. When we watch the games and see the lack of invention or courage from some of the players then we have to call it out. We all want them to be better but if what we see with our own eyes is not good enough then we should be able to say so.

lol!
Come on it’s a piss take name for when he had Maureen when really did have something to moan about. I recall so many of that twats fan bois who would never hear a bad word against him. Wonder where they are now? Same with the conte fan bois.
Of course we are much better now and there is room for improvement. However people since time began have always expressed an opinion on player x y z that may not be to others likings. I call it on the eye test. For example if I don’t see us create many chances and let the oppo have lots like v bmouth, Brighton, Everton I will call it out. If we are not creating chances ourselves then we ought to be defending better. Same with some players I really can’t believe we have some here who think our forwards are good enough. Apart from Son do think any of our rivals would take any of the rest. That is almost fact. When we watch the games and see the lack of invention or courage from some of the players then we have to call it out. We all want them to be better but if what we see with our own eyes is not good enough then we should be able to say so.

I realized but think you have started to let it become your persona mate.

you really do bleat on and nag about Brennan Johnson.

I realized but think you have started to let it become your persona mate.

you really do bleat on and nag about Brennan Johnson.
Ok let’s leave BJ alone and see what he does. However any post match review surely has to be a critique of the players good or bad. If the crossing is shit then we have to say.
Hopefully we have good gane gane tonight nice early KO so enough time to get home😀

I thought he called himself Maureen because he's a serial moaner
lol well after nearly 5 years of Jose, Nuno and Cunte it’s hard to drill out. Didn’t want any of them but done of the shite players they purchased or were linked with tbh.
All I want is a player who’s gonna dazzle us with some skill. We have plenty of runners but we need that magician. Hence why moan about BJ or the interest in CJ such an uninspiring player.

lol well after nearly 5 years of Jose, Nuno and Cunte it’s hard to drill out. Didn’t want any of them but done of the shite players they purchased or were linked with tbh.
All I want is a player who’s gonna dazzle us with some skill. We have plenty of runners but we need that magician. Hence why moan about BJ or the interest in CJ such an uninspiring player.

Not a fan of him then I take it?

request-carl-cj-johnson-from-grove-street-gta-san-andreas-v0-ujxfjfyvdt5b1.jpg

They weren't before Klopp
You sure about that?
We may have been a bit better than them at the time, sure, but Liverpool are the 2nd biggest club in England. United and Liverpool are miles ahead of us on history prestige.

There's a reason there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousand, maybe even millions of United and Liverpool fans from the south of the UK and very limited Spurs fans from the north (limited, not none, before the 3 on here proudly tell me they exist)

Whether we like it or not, they were and are a bigger football club than us. And unless we go on a 20+ year spree of of winning everything, all the time, they will stay ahead of us.

You sure about that?
We may have been a bit better than them at the time, sure, but Liverpool are the 2nd biggest club in England. United and Liverpool are miles ahead of us on history prestige.

There's a reason there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousand, maybe even millions of United and Liverpool fans from the south of the UK and very limited Spurs fans from the north (limited, not none, before the 3 on here proudly tell me they exist)

Whether we like it or not, they were and are a bigger football club than us. And unless we go on a 20+ year spree of of winning everything, all the time, they will stay ahead of us.

Doesn't mean I think Ange legs it out the door at the first offer.
Levy has him on a 4 year deal and I doubt Liverpool could afford the compensation Levy would want.

You sure about that?

Answered this in a different post.

They are currently and were a bigger club.

Pre Klopp and most of the 2010’s we were a much better team with better prospects to win. We just didn’t.

This current Liverpool team/project without Klopp isn’t a step up from us.

We're better on the pitch than Man United.
But they're a bigger club than us. More fans. More money (ffp aside) substantially more success to date.
Same applied to Liverpool for a few years. Yes, we were the better team, but they're huge and have the ability to get back ahead of us.

Annoyingly I have to say the same about them up the road. 7 seasons of finishing above them saw our fans declare that we had passed them and will leave them behind. But they're big enough that they can come back and pass us again.

On the flip side, we may see the odd season when Spam finish above us and are, unarguably, the better team. But we're bigger than them and probably always will be.

Get it?

What do you reckon he means here? We have heard similar from other managers in the past. Sometimes I think it is just something they say.

"I know that that's not where it needs to be yet but we do have some things that are definitely there. [In terms of] facilities, resources, absolutely we're well-placed, but when you've got all those things you've got to take advantage of it. You've got to use it well because the measure is not how well-placed you are, it's how you execute. I still think with all those things we're still in the building phase. We're not in the phase of catapulting ourselves to where we want to be."

On whether it was about changing behaviours within the club or making new appointments behind the scenes, the Spurs boss answered simply: "Both. Both behaviours and appointments. It comes down to people. They cover both things. I've been here six months, Scott Munn has been here less, Johan's been here two months. So when you're looking at the football side of things, all of us are just getting started.

"It's key obviously that us three are aligned in what we want to do from a football perspective, but until that's done, and that can only happen over the course of time, that's when you feel a bit more secure about saying we can still go to the next level."

Man City's revenue's are a good example of how quickly the big club thing can shift. We absolutely have the potential to have revenues well above Liverpool, IF we perform well on the pitch and finally win some stuff.

Wouldn't take any notice of their artificial revenues tbh, I don't know how they're making more money in 12 years than Utd who have been a major player for God knows how long, they're obviously cooking the books somehow.

Wouldn't take any notice of their artificial revenues tbh, I don't know how they're making more money in 12 years than Utd who have been a major player for God knows how long, they're obviously cooking the books somehow.
Quite possibly, though so might be United. On the face of it, the one that looks most suspicious is PSG. Funny that! Clapped out small stadium, yet the highest match day revenue in the world, give or take.

Back
Top Bottom