FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well that's it as far as trophies are concerned. Another season passes. Was always going to hard against them

Let's hope next season we take the league cup a bit more seriously to give ourselves a better chance of silverware .

We just need to try and hold a European position next season. Qualifying for Europa cup would still be considered a good season considering the upheaval in the summer. Better than most people thought anyway

The goal was a foul but Vicario was weak. Ref was allowing Diaz to bump goalie at every corner, that should have been stopped but Spurs do get hostile refereeing.

It stopped a replay coz Tottenham were messing around with it at the back in the whole match!! That's why the corner happened for the goal.

Why didn't Spurs have a minder to prevent Diaz on fouling the keeper all the time?

EVERY team in the EPL will foul Vicario at EVERY corner now, Tottenham have to protect him.
Never a foul

My dickhead barber moved my appointment half an hour earlier and now I’m missing the last 10 minutes …
Just cut your own hair whilst watching the match, it's called multitasking. That's what I do anyhow.

bowl-cut-58b8bccf3df78c353c114a0e.jpg

You're right it wasnt Richarlisons fault we're out but he isnt the sort of striker thats going to conjure up a bit of magic out of nowhere to win you the game and thats what we need if we want to be serious. Clearly its not going to be Kane level but we need to be looking for another Berbatov or Sheringham.
Thought Richy was fantastic tonight, worked his fucking arse off and held the ball up brilliantly either winning a foul or keeping the ball.
Shame we had no midfield who could pass forwards to save their lives.

To be fair VDV ( who was brilliant) is as much to blame. Turns to watch the ball and not the man, is spun and Ake is lose. Cannot do that either.

Well beaten 0-1. Tonight.
Vicario needs to deal with it before the corner. Push the player out of the way. No foul before the corner or just go through him.
Alternately, a CH does the job for him.
Weak effort.

Richie could have played for another ten hours, he wouldn’t have scored.

He’s a trooper and runs his bollocks off but he’s never going to be the player that makes a difference at the top level. He can be a useful rotation player, hold the ball up (which he did well tonight) but he is limited. He’s always offside because he hasn’t got the pace to run in behind.

But he put in a huge amount of effort tonight.

I am coming out of retirement on here after a few years of 2 new babies and the dross that was depressing me so much I couldn't even chat spurs under Mourinho and Conte with anyone but family.

Some of the comments here are embarrassing. 'Out of another cup with a whimper, same old, weak goalkeeping, anotther trophyless season' etc etc. Give Ange and the team a chance ffs.
I thought we had them under control for most of that game tbh - we weren't at our best at all and couldn't push up the pitch much for a lot of it but a little perspective here.
One of if not the best side in the world, without 4 key first team players and a very tough game for any team in world football.

We are at the start of a rebuild under an exciting manager who has had the worst possible injury and suspension luck I have ever seen and to be beaten by a scruffy late goal isn't the end of the world.

We are fine - playing great stuff for the first time in over 4 years, great recruitment for the first time in years, not a FFP ducking cunt club like city or Chelsea and we will be a proper contender soon again.

Some people need to wise up and get behind the new team.

Back
Top Bottom