January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not unexpected really if Sávio Moreira ends up at Man City, particularly with the rumors the Bernardo Silva want to join Barca (he was on verge of joining them last summer, but Barca are skint)..
As most of you know, Troy (the club that owns Savio) and Girona (where Savio is on loan) are both part of the City group.

Multi-club ownership and no ban on related party transactions between them makes a joke of FFP. City Football Group loses money every year.

Come on people. A few of you are dancing around the fringes of a cunt off. One last push can see a spectacular end to the window!

I want to see yellows, sin binnings...some excitement for goodness sake!!

mr burns GIF
What a sadistic bastard. You're the reason we cannot have nice things.

Not sure why we keep trying to buy these young guys, Nusa, Wharton, Buck, we won't play any of them. Spurs have some of the best youth teams under 16, 18, 21s around but none of them get a proper look in. Devine and Phillips loaned out, the young Croatian lad is loaned out. I guess they are all just long term money making options but that's not really helping the main squad now. Just signed Werner and Dragusin who are both bench warmers when all squad fit. If Spurs want to fight for trophies they need to sign players that are better than our starting 11. A midfielder better than bissouma and sarr. A striker better than richarliason. I guess that's for the next transfer window.
Pape & Destiny say ‘Hi!’ 👋

Pape & Destiny say ‘Hi!’ 👋
Crazy isnt it. I mean you could go back to how our initial revival was started with signing the likes of Defoe, Carrick, Lennon Dawson, then Bale, Rose, Walker, Alli etc but you dont even have to go back 2 years to see what buying youngsters can do. Its when we stopped doing that and acted like a pound shop Chelsea we got into the shit.

There will always be flops like
Rodon, Gil but because of their age at least you'll get a good return on your money. You still need the Maddison type signings but i'm happy if we make ourselves the go to place for the best youngsters.

It would be a good last move for Ben, a nice little signing on fee, a couple of seasons of first team Football, then retirement.

I'd like to think we let him go on a free for his years of solid service. He's a top pro and, by all accounts, a really nice fella.
Or use him to sign Archie Gray.

Back
Top Bottom