January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first thought on watching the video was that he would he a good replacement for son. Then i realised that we are getting closer to the point where son leaves. And that sucks. Out of all of the poch team he is the one who has always deserved something to show for his time at the club more than anyone. We have to win something. Not to shut up the media or the scummers or even our own fans moaning about us being trophy dodgers. We need to do it because no one in football deserves to lift a trophy more than son.

My first thought on watching the video was that he would he a good replacement for son. Then i realised that we are getting closer to the point where son leaves. And that sucks. Out of all of the poch team he is the one who has always deserved something to show for his time at the club more than anyone. We have to win something. Not to shut up the media or the scummers or even our own fans moaning about us being trophy dodgers. We need to do it because no one in football deserves to lift a trophy more than son.
I don't see Son going anywhere for another 2 or 3 years.

There are very few transfers being done.

Just watch Sky's transfer coverage - and be bored over the nonsense broadcast every day

Likewise media are working over time on any sniff of a story - and this transfer story actually started in the summer, but went nowhere as most stories do.

So expect lots of media coverage from lots of sources all willing a transfer to happen , otherwise they have literally nothing to do.

There may be a Nusa transfer this window but thee is nothing being reported other than general discussions. Nothing. Except journalists trying to find something to write about. Again.

The reason that we are so active is that we have off loaded players, (sold or loaned) perhaps more in this January transfer window than we have ever done, with perhaps Gil being added to that list.

Big difference in the monthly wage bill if you add i up.

Can you compare how Ben Davies shapes up against van de Ven as our left sided centre back?

001cf20a-1600.jpg

Could not agree with you more. He's a frankly lovely loyal humble man who has been a huge asset to the club. When we have a new player I wait a month for their first interview and the inevitable "My favourite person at the club is Son he made me feel like I belonged here."comments. Pape Sarr talks about him like a 1960's teenage girl talking about the Beatles 🤣

The reason that we are so active is that we have off loaded players, (sold or loaned) perhaps more in this January transfer window than we have ever done, with perhaps Gil being added to that list.

Big difference in the monthly wage bill if you add i up.

Its not just financials (which are important in themselves), its also trying to ensure we get the best out of loaned players - whether that's Reguilon going to a club where he's more likely to play more (and tbh Reguilon got motm a couple of times at ManU,) or Phillips and |Devine going to Championship Plymouth which we hope gives them the experience to be better equipped to challenge for a first team spot.

A lot of loan moves but I think all designed for particular purposes, less random than sometimes in past, as well as bringing in 2 players in places where we can use them.

We've also freed up 3 overseas trained player places in the squad with Lloris, Dier and Perisic leaving - useful when next season Sarr, Udogie and Dragusin are no longer counted as u21's but need to be included in the 25 man squad.

Its been a very solid window for Spurs so far.

Wharton has scored for Blackburn. I'm not good at posting videos of goals, never know where to find them...sure some genius on here won't mind that mission.

Back
Top Bottom