Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

sumting stinks
Dodgy Lasagne???

So Woolwich are up to their usual tricks!!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

BBC highlights making it look like United were on top lol.

I'm afraid the actual stats tell the truth thou rather than their editing of the match and commentary
BBC did an absolute damage control job for United, while also managing to ensure we were accused of being a set piece team! Absolutely astonishing. And unacceptable. No one who watched that today should be praising players like Mainoo and virtually say nothing about Bentancur, Skipp or Holjbjerg ! I am disgusted by it to be honest.

As for Farah Williams opinions, she can fucking shove off too and take Wright with her.

Just watching MoTD now. Werner's shots are woeful. I was really hoping he would rewrite his history, but it's started with the highlight reel from his misses.

We had more chances than I remember, though.

Udogies 'clearance' almost had me wondering if he forgot which end he was at! :D Absolute blinder otherwise. Except for the rugby tackle on United player, though, that should have been a pen.

I don't always appreciate his defending, but I thought he was pretty easily our MOTM today. Seemed to be involved in everything. The fact that none of our midfielders were creating anything, he became the de facto creative driver from midfield.

His XA was 0.74. The next nearest was Skipp 0.16, Werner 0.12.
Also his corners are superb, apart from the goal we had the one off the bar and the one off the line.

I don't always appreciate his defending, but I thought he was pretty easily our MOTM today. Seemed to be involved in everything. The fact that none of our midfielders were creating anything, he became the de facto creative driver from midfield.

His XA was 0.74. The next nearest was Skipp 0.16, Werner 0.12.

I think that both Porro and Udogie as full backs are very involved in forward play in Angeball, and its not that unusual to find one or both will be the most forward players for Spurs - which I don't think I've seen of any other Spurs full back - and also act as additional midfield players when Spurs are in possession.

So no real surprise at his XA.

Superb corners as well

Think PEH did ok and did actually play some good forward passes which we don’t always do. Switching the play to the flanks otherwise a lot goes through the middle. Skipp was not v good first half and was a little lost in his role. However noticed 2nd we sort of changed tho ha a little and he wasn’t as far forward. More central 2nd half and he did improve so fair play. Still is bypassed to easy and I’d like to see his tackle count as I don’t think he made one.
Our central midfield bossed their central midfield.

PEH, Benta and Skipp were our players of the match. the three of them, and they deserve massive credit.

I think that both Porro and Udogie as full backs are very involved in forward play in Angeball, and its not that unusual to find one or both will be the most forward players for Spurs - which I don't think I've seen of any other Spurs full back - and also act as additional midfield players when Spurs are in possession.

So no real surprise at his XA.

Superb corners as well
especially if the XA includes his corners too? Which were excellent today...

Just watching MoTD now. Werner's shots are woeful. I was really hoping he would rewrite his history, but it's started with the highlight reel from his misses.

We had more chances than I remember, though.

Udogies 'clearance' almost had me wondering if he forgot which end he was at! :D Absolute blinder otherwise. Except for the rugby tackle on United player, though, that should have been a pen.
Absolutely no way was that a penalty.

Our central midfield bossed their central midfield.

PEH, Beta and Skipp were our players of the match. the three of them, and they deserve massive credit.
I didn't see much detail of the match (had to watch it on a laptop from across the room), but I did notice Skipp had a few 'flair' moments. I had to double-check it wasn't Richie! Ididn't notice Hojbjerg at all.

Having Rod and Micky back is so, so good. We could really do with Kulu, though. We need someone who can cross (even if he bloody doesn't!). I was getting angry with BJ's ballooned ones going to the far wing.

How did Dragusin do in his cameo? I couldn't make him out.

I didn't see much detail of the match (had to watch it on a laptop from across the room), but I did notice Skipp had a few 'flair' moments. I had to double-check it wasn't Richie! Ididn't notice Hojbjerg at all.

Having Rod and Micky back is so, so good. We could really do with Kulu, though. We need someone who can cross (even if he bloody doesn't!). I was getting angry with BJ's ballooned ones going to the far wing.

How did Dragusin do in his cameo? I couldn't make him out.
I didn't notice Radu do anything on my stop start phone steam while my wife was driving home.

Glad he came on though, in one of the great arenas, and saw us go away with a huge point, be a part of that.

YIDS

Mate, I'll argue well over the line for Spurs, but on MoTD you see it from 4 angles and you could clearly see he held the player back. The united player pulls his legs off the ground and Udogie pulls him backwards! It's a bullshit pen, but it's a pen. It's 2 pens for Liverpool.
Honestly, I can only go on how Sky covered it and the ref immediately waved it away, linesman and VAR too. And Rat Face too. And to be honest, what I saw I agreed with them. Now Auntie did a lovely job of showing it as something it was not, not sure how they did so, so I’d agree how they showed it seems more “favourable” than it was this afternoon.

Funny enough BBC also failed to show Evans elbow or pick up on his grappling at Corners.

Back
Top Bottom